It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Samco or OEM CAC Hose
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:48 am 
LOST Addict

Thanks Lap!

DOC

2005 KJ CRD Ltd Detroit TrueTrac Bilsteins G2 GDE "HOT" ECU GDE TCM "Tow Tune" "euro" TC SEGR Weeks Elbow New HG at 130K ARPs Clean CAT aFe Filter Magnaflow Exhaust EHM Cumminos In-Tank Lift Pump Hayden Fan Clutch Nylon Fan VH Enabled with GDE lower shutoff point Recalibrated Temp Gauge Tekonsha Prodigy Sears P-1 ZDDP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 pm 
LOST Member

Has anyone used Omix-Ada turbo hoses $[url][/url]140. for the pair

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x375/jlgail4309/KGrHqVlcE6h6uy23BO-P7QmpWw60_12.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:23 pm 
LOST Addict

jlgail4309 wrote:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x375/jlgail4309/KGrHqVlcE6h6uy23BO-P7QmpWw60_12.jpg

The picture you posted is of an OEM turbo hose.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam wrote:
NotPicky wrote:
Kinda off the wall but wouldn't it be more cost effective to have a set of steel or aluminum intercooler pipes built. Besides having four more clamps at least they wouldn't deteriorate from oil.

Well, you would be the first to succeed, but not the first to try, or even talk about it. Plus with a setup like that theres a much higher risk of boost leaks.

Plus the Samco shouldn't ever fail through the same method as the stockers.

Plus the Samco hoses have been tested and vetted.

I have had these CAC tubes on for approximately 3000 miles now and still going good.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD, JBA coilovers-4.5 Arms, 5xMoab's with 265-75-16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, Safari snorkel, Suncoast T/C, GDE Hot tune, Mandrel bent CAC Tubes, EHM to airbox, Mopar skid's, Fumoto Drain Valve, 3% Tint, ARB front bumper, Full set of Miller tools (9599) to loan within my immediate vicinity.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What is it a formed tail pipe?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63672

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD, JBA coilovers-4.5 Arms, 5xMoab's with 265-75-16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, Safari snorkel, Suncoast T/C, GDE Hot tune, Mandrel bent CAC Tubes, EHM to airbox, Mopar skid's, Fumoto Drain Valve, 3% Tint, ARB front bumper, Full set of Miller tools (9599) to loan within my immediate vicinity.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:08 pm 
LOST Member

Sir Sam wrote:
jlgail4309 wrote:

point taken it would be nice not to replace again. For 100.00 more done in one .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:29 pm 
LOST Member

jlgail4309 wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
jlgail4309 wrote:

point taken it would be nice not to replace again. For 100.00 more done in one .

I ordered them because they had them on ebay for a buy it now for 45 each. So I bought them but it's been two weeks and they haven't shipped yet.

You only love it if you change it!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:11 am 
LOST Member

Topan, as you asked re Provent: is by Mann & Hummel - an inline oil filter for crankcase ventilation aimed at stopping the oil mist making it into your Charge Air System (CAC). A search here should bring up lots posted about it and how to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

I ordered Yellow Samco hoses so I can visually identify any oil/grease issues easily.

Racor Fuel filter
Transgo shift kit
Hayden Extreme Duty fan clutch
Timing belt done at 112K

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:52 pm 
LOST Member

jlgail4309 wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
jlgail4309 wrote:

I got them but they will not stay on my intake so I am sending them back I would never buy from them they have horrible customer service I am trying to get my money back thur paypay

You only love it if you change it!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:43 pm 
LOST Member

I just replaced my original hoses with Samco I noticed that i had the 2nd gen silicone lined on the drivers side because the turbo was replaced. If anyone wants it its>>FREE<< I live in N.J.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:13 pm 
LOST Member

I have the Blue Samco hoses because they are like Bruce Lee. And all of the other hoses are Ralph Macchio. :lol:

Blue Samco hoses, because I want people to say, "Here's a guys who knows what he's after."
MAP sensor: clean.
As soon as the CRD reached the limit of the warranty, CEL went on.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Im trying to order a set of British Racing Green hoses for my truck. Trouble is they wont let me request them here in Arizona at my mothers house where I need them. They will only ship to my billing address! darn it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Don't try and order your hoses directly from Samco. Go to http://www.boostcontroller.com

Great folks to deal with. Product is shipped super fast. Prices are VERY good.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

budmeister wrote:
Don't try and order your hoses directly from Samco. Go to http://www.boostcontroller.com

Great folks to deal with. Product is shipped super fast. Prices are VERY good.

THATS who wont send them to me! They will ONLY ship to your billing address. Im in Phoenix and my billing address is Seattle.

darn!~

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

They shipped to Portland for me when I was living in Olympia. Did you call and sweet talk them?

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

Call Boost Controller. Ask for Ted. I live in Southern Ontario, one hour from Port Huron Michigan. There is a parcel pickup depot there for Canadians who want to pick up stuff and not pay the outrageous delivery that Fedex and UPS charge to Canada. No brokerage fees either. I was talking to "Ted" and there was absolutely NO problem sending the hoses to Michigan, when I live in St . Thomas Ontario. They came from New York to Port Huron OVERNIGHT. I had them in my hot little hands in less than 24 hours.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:41 pm 
LOST Member

budmeister wrote:
Call Boost Controller. Ask for Ted. I live in Southern Ontario, one hour from Port Huron Michigan. There is a parcel pickup depot there for Canadians who want to pick up stuff and not pay the outrageous delivery that Fedex and UPS charge to Canada. No brokerage fees either. I was talking to "Ted" and there was absolutely NO problem sending the hoses to Michigan, when I live in St . Thomas Ontario. They came from New York to Port Huron OVERNIGHT. I had them in my hot little hands in less than 24 hours.

Yes,Ted is the guy to call for the purchase,a real nice guy,i got myself the red samco hoses for my flame red crd( :lol: looks awesome under the hood :lol: ),i love them,im in quebec,about 5 mins west of montreal,shipping took about 1 week due to customs delay,i ordered the samco clamp kit,wich are better,all i can say is that i am really satisfied with the hoses,service,everything was perfect with boostcontroller.com! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:10 am 
LOST Newbie

patmaz wrote:
budmeister wrote:

Yes,Ted is the guy to call for the purchase,a real nice guy,i got myself the red samco hoses for my flame red crd( :lol: looks awesome under the hood :lol: ),i love them,im in quebec,about 5 mins west of montreal,shipping took about 1 week due to customs delay,i ordered the samco clamp kit,wich are better,all i can say is that i am really satisfied with the hoses,service,everything was perfect with boostcontroller.com! :D

From Montreal you can order Parts to Champlain, NY with Freeport Forwarding. The folks there are really friendly and the prices are super cheap. It's $3, $5 or $7 depending on the size of the parcel. $10 for a skid. It's a 45 minute drive down and is 500 metres past the border:

http://www.freeportforwarding.com/ebayusers.htm

On another note, where west of MTL are you? I live in both Ottawa and MTL and and looking for some CRD capable mechanics as my Ottawa experiences have been less than inspiring!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next