It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Samco or OEM CAC Hose
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

Installed them in a flash.

Samco - Bronco Orange

Post subject: Re: Samco or OEM CAC Hose
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:34 am 
LOST Member

Got them installed and could feel the surge of power and smoother acceleration. Truck cruised a lot quiter too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:11 pm 
LOST Member

Doing my SAMCO upgrade this weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 pm 
LOST Member

Has anyone tried Mr. Bob's Silicone Hoses? I talked to him yesterday and he has kits ready to go for CRD's.

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD (purchased 10/30/12 w/ 52k miles) GDE HotTune & Eco TCU, Suncoast TC, Amsoil Full SAPS (EFM) 5w40, Amsoil ATF, 7" touchscreen Android powered stereo (direct from China) w/ 4G LTE mobile data for streaming Netflix, HBO GO, Slingbox, Pandora, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:40 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I noted that he had a lot of CAC Hoses, but all for other engines. I would LOVE to see a CAC hose to replace the OEM version we are all using that consistently fail on the bottom of the turbo hookup.

I'm thinking of seeking something mandrel bent locally, but the issue would then be the CCV line...

GDE ECO Tune / Fumoto Valve / E-Tecno GX3123 7v Glow Plugs / 2nd Gen Fuel Head / Mishimoto RED Hoses / Rockers/Lifters @ 114k / Hayden FC + 11 Blade Nylon / Sears P1 Battery / Transgo 45RFE-HD2 Reprogramming Kit / Timken Front Bearings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

I sent an email to Mr. Bob's and this is the response I received:
The single ply hose on the passenger side, which is the hot side is replaced
with a polished aluminum tube.
The tube is connected to the turbo and intercooler with two USA made high
quality hoses with Fluorocarbon
lining inside. The lining protects the silicone from the hot oil and
petro-chemicals that deteriorate the silicone.
This is the same process I use in Ford Power Stroke Kits. The kit also
includes new clamps.
Cost of the kit is $329. Toll free to order 877-543-7563

Mr. Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just did my Samco upgrade and it was easy. I chose blue.... if anyone really cared. ha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Mine are black, because, well, isn't it obvious?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Installed mine easily. Wish I would have seen the post for Mr Bob, would have liked to try that instead. Ordered Yellow to match the other colored items in the bay, but got shipped Blue instead.
Still have a boost leak remaining, so I'm getting rid of my EGR and FCV with the Sasquatch Intake Elbow Kit :D
ArasB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:14 pm 
LOST Member

arasb wrote:
Installed mine easily. Wish I would have seen the post for Mr Bob, would have liked to try that instead. Ordered Yellow to match the other colored items in the bay, but got shipped Blue instead.
Still have a boost leak remaining, so I'm getting rid of my EGR and FCV with the Sasquatch Intake Elbow Kit :D
ArasB

What's the Sasquatch intake? I want to get rid of the entire EGR assembly so bad. Cooler and all! Just like I did on my ALH TDI with the kit Diesel Geek sold years ago.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD (purchased 10/30/12 w/ 52k miles) GDE HotTune & Eco TCU, Suncoast TC, Amsoil Full SAPS (EFM) 5w40, Amsoil ATF, 7" touchscreen Android powered stereo (direct from China) w/ 4G LTE mobile data for streaming Netflix, HBO GO, Slingbox, Pandora, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:15 pm 
LOST Junkie

KD6ICZ wrote:
arasb wrote:
ArasB

What's the Sasquatch intake? I want to get rid of the entire EGR assembly so bad. Cooler and all! Just like I did on my ALH TDI with the kit Diesel Geek sold years ago.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

See my signature for details.

Supporting Vendor

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:50 pm 
LOST Member

Received my hose kit from Mr. Bob's today. I'm hoping to install it this weekend. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:55 pm 
LOST Member

Location: Virginia, west of D.C. / In the middle of moving to Roanoke
KD6ICZ wrote:
Received my hose kit from Mr. Bob's today. I'm hoping to install it this weekend. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just wondering......

- Weeks Kit Stage 1.
- Weeks Kit Stage 2.
- JBA 2.5 inch Silver kit and UCAs installed at 125K miles.
- Weeks supplied Samco Intercooler Hoses and clamps.

Waiting for time, limber fingers, and good weather to do my HDS Model 001 Thermostat unit swap.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:31 pm 
LOST Member

I was so involved with the elbow kit thread i forgot to update this thread. Everything went well after I learned how tight spring clamps are supposed to be. Here are some pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:11 pm 
LOST Member

How tight?

TB / WP / SAMCO Hoses - Dec '14 (93,000 miles)
Redline Synthetics (Frt/Rear Differentials) - Dec '14 (93,000 miles)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:17 am 
LOST Member

I made them almost to the spring being completely squashed but not all the way squashed. They are supposed to allow expansion when hot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

I got my Samco British Racing Green hoses from boost controller.com and the CAC Hose T-Bolt Clamp Kit from Sasquach
have not installed yet nor the weeks delete. Waiting on time and weather.
kayaker2

2.5 JBA Coilover Silver Package
Mopar Rear A Arm
Good Year All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar 245/75R16
Samco Hoses
EGR Stage 2 Delete to install next

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi everybody, I would like to share my experience. 100eur is to expensive to pay for one hose imho. So i decided to experiment with vulcanisation tape that cost 5eur for 10 meters. Hose is clean and dry after couple of hundreds km. Please see attached pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone ever successfully made or even attempted to bend 3" exhaust pipe with silicone boots to replace cac hoses?

I replaced my hot side hose about a month ago with a "near fit" radiator hose it is holding up fine for now but I just found a spit in the cold side. After doing some research looking for the most available and cost efficient options, I realized the stress an corrosion they go through. I was about to order Samcos but my buddy suggested we bend up some pipe and use boots like in his powerstroke. Seems like the better option to me it would be cheaper, longer lasting, easier to clean, and I won't have to wait out the weekend to get her back on the road...

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if they have done or tried this and why it will or won't work before I potentially waste money on materials...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:49 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi everyone,

I recently had the cold side hose crack, didn't want to pay what the dealership asked for a new unit and couldn't wait for a set of samcos to arrive. As a result I found out that you can get away with using generic silicone couplers and pre-bent pipe elbows. Additionally at least in my case the vulcanization tape fix that Sanchez used didn't work - even two layers of tape couldn't hold the pressure and burst the first time I used some throttle. Anyway here's how the current setup looks:

Hot side:

Cold side:

For the hot side I used 45deg 51mm pipe elbow, and matching 50mm 45deg and 90deg silicone elbows. Cold side required 60mm pipe bent by 135deg which I had to cut to desired length (one side has to be significantly shorter than the other), a 70mm->60mm 45deg silicone coupler and a short section of the OEM hose. Ideally you would use a 65->60mm 45deg reducer instead of the OEM bit but it wasn't available here in Poland (readily available in the States though, HPS seems to make them).

So far the setup works perfect, no signs of any leaks, no rubbing etc and it cost me ~40usd for both sides :) Hope this method might help as an alternative to others described here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next