It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Samco or OEM CAC Hose
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:24 pm 
LOST Addict

I really like your aluminum tubes and silicone adapters.
I did the same thing for my turbo inlet hose.

I tried the silicone wrap on my boost hoses. It didn't last. It eventually tore and unraveled.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

flash7210 wrote:
I really like your aluminum tubes and silicone adapters.
I did the same thing for my turbo inlet hose.

Thanks! The turbo inlet part interests me - I didn't do it since there seemed to be very limited space around it. What part did you actually use? Two 45 or 90 deg elbows + straight pipe??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:14 pm 
LOST Addict

I used a 2.5 inch aluminum 90 degree elbow that I had to cut to length.
A 2.5 to 2 inch silicone reducer elbow.
And a 3 to 2.5 inch silicone reducer straight.

I'm sure there is more than one way to do it but thats how I did mine.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83193&p=878171#p878171

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the info, great to know that it all fits together - I'll definitely be going a similar way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello guys, first post on this forum / long time reader.
I have a 2009 jeep KK CRD 2.8 and was wondering if the Samco hoses would fit my car as well? The OE hoses seem to be deteriorating quickly.
All the pictures I see are from KJ's but there are a lot of similarities.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

crasher wrote:
KD6ICZ wrote:
Received my hose kit from Mr. Bob's today. I'm hoping to install it this weekend. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just wondering......

It's been a few years. How are your Mr. Bob's holding up? Need to replace mine and am looking for good options. Talked to Mr. Bob today and he still sells the kits.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Did you end up buying the mr Bob's hose kit? If so, are you happy with them?

I recently bought a 2006 CRD that already had SAMCO hoses. After tracking down a small leak, the upper SAMCO hose was split through the liner. It was also quite soft and mushy. I had the previous owner's paperwork, and it showed he bought the hose kit plus clamp kit from CarID in April of 2015. I gave CarID a call and they informed me that they do not cover SAMCOs warranty. In the event of a premature failure of a SAMCO hose, you must deal with SAMCO direct. Also, the hoses are only sold as kits, so if you tear or cut one, you will have to replace both. i checked with other US dealers and they told me that all US dealers do not handle warranty, nor can they sell single hoses.

I contacted SAMCO on their website, asking if I could get a replacement for the upper hose and what it would cost. They elected to not reply.

I bought a new OEM hose on Amazon for 56 dollars. So, the fix to my leaky SAMCO is less than 25% of the cost of replacing it with SAMCO. To a simple guy like me, I am thinking I will be money ahead to run the OEM hoses and just replace the ones that wear out, rather than replacing SAMCOs a full set at a time for more than double the cost of OEM hoses.

I am interested in BOB's hoses though, and what they cost. They look good. I wonder what the warranty is?

meach4x4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I did buy Mr. Bobs Hoses. I haven't installed them yet. They were around $325 plus shipping. The quality seems good but I have no experience with turbos or charge hoses and what is well made or not. I bought them based on the recommendation from this thread. I have spoken with Mr. Bob a couple of times and get the impression he'll work with you if you ever have a failure. Don't know what the specific warranty is.

As soon as I have an oil separator and figure out where all the oil under the turbo is coming from I will install them. Any suggestions here would be appreciated. The amount of oil that has drained out of the old hoses is disconcerting. I do not want to allow that to continue. What has everyone done about oil in the inter cooler, if anything?

Thanks, Darren.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:16 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Removed it, soaked, sloshed, washed, and rinsed it.
Super clean and water
Simple Green and water
Turned it so the normally horizontal tubes were nearly vertical and the turbo inlet was the very highest point. Used a plumbing device to flow water through it from the bottom to the top. Hot water worked best. The oil would seek the highest point, and leave via that exit. Redneck tech, but it worked.

Mine was caused by a turbo failure, and the oil was high enough in the intercooler that it was flowing through the engine and out the exhaust. There was probably 1-2 gallons of oil in the intercooler when we took it out. Way heavier than when it was cleaned.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9