It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Engine pictures
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm posting a number of engine images, taken with the engine out of the vehicle and not related to timing belt installation, in case they might be helpful locating things. These are not my images but rather they are from another forum member whom I'd be happy to credit if I could just remember who it was.

NOTE - AS OF JULY 8, 2017 PHOTOBUCKET HAS APPARENLTY TURNED OFF MY ABILITY TO LINK PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES TO LOST UNLESS I PAY TO UPGRADE MY PHOTOBUCKET MEMBERSHIP. FYI all these images are available in my CRD Tech Tips pdf document hosted by SirSam http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/ . Scroll down in the bookmarks to the "Engine Pictures" tab which is about half way down the list and click on that tab.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

Last edited by papaindigo on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:06 am, edited 12 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Engine pictures
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:05 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks. These will be useful.

2005 Liberty Limited CRD; Air Filter Monitor; Samco Hoses; GDE HOT Tune; RL037142AA TC; KJ Interior Rack from All J Products; JBA Adjust-a-strut lift and A-Arms; 245/75R16 Firestone Destination ATs on Moabs; ARB Bumper; ASFIR Skids; FS-2500 Bypass Filter; ARP studs.
2016 Grand Cherokee Overland CRD.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the great pictures. Wouldn't happen to know the name and or part number of the part that is bolted to driver side of engine directly below the map sensor? Has fuel injector line going into the top and three other lines. Would be greatly appreciated as I have been to 2 dealers and have been searching for a image of that part for hours.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm 
LOST Member

Dino78 wrote:
Wouldn't happen to know the name and or part number of the part that is bolted to driver side of engine directly below the map sensor? Has fuel injector line going into the top and three other lines.

Black plastic part? Block, fuel return. Part number 05142809AA, see item 20 in figure 14-430 in parts list.

About $90? :shock:

Make your own out of a couple of tees.

2005 Liberty Limited CRD; Air Filter Monitor; Samco Hoses; GDE HOT Tune; RL037142AA TC; KJ Interior Rack from All J Products; JBA Adjust-a-strut lift and A-Arms; 245/75R16 Firestone Destination ATs on Moabs; ARB Bumper; ASFIR Skids; FS-2500 Bypass Filter; ARP studs.

Last edited by user113 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:42 pm 
LOST Member

Oops. I just did a search on the forum for that part number and see you've already found your answer.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

I can t seem to find the nipple on the driver side engine block.. I removed everything last winter and threw a Tarp over it. I have a pipe sticking out about 1-2 inches between glow plugs 2 and 3 and just a little below. But I can t get any thing to thread in. I bought the egr mod and am now at sort of an impasse without figuring out how to block the coolant port.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:07 pm 
LOST Member

Passenger side view with heat shields in place. Turbo to left with oil return line running down from it to the block and rectangular oil cooler slightly below and to the right.

In this picture I see the coolant line from the tstat to the lower pipe first nipple. Is the second nipple (just to the left in this picture) is the one that connects to the lower heater core hose? I know the one to the furthest left that is at a 90 degree goes to the coolant bottle. Thanks for the help, trying to put it back together.