It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:24 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi !!
after a lot of mecanic working on my KJ , I want to delete my EGR Valve and....
I read my ECu on my KJ 2003
and....
i read a 518 !! I don't find on listing EGR delete in all the post (66 pages)

by MPPS I find this for my ECU

BOSCH EDC15C2 K-line
Chrysler serie number : 1037363993B1WFSS02146V
software : 0281011063
Chrysler Id WFSS02146V
this is a captur of my reading ECU it's :
"TSW V2.41 080300 1518 GAD40/ESB "
how and where i can find the modifing map for my ecu ?
thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:42 pm 
LOST Addict

marcozzi wrote:
I guess I just know how to antagonize people really well LOL. I have a supercharged 928S4 Porsche and have had many other toys over the years and became good at getting people to want to race. I had a local with a blown 5.0 mustang years ago that would never race my Shelby Charger that runs 28PSI boost. I kept trying and trying and one day, he came up beside me, he mumbled something and I yelled over "you get the mulching attachment with that piece of doo doo when you bought it!" The race was now on after months and he lost to a 4 banger.

I've driven the ecoboosts and you're right- if you brake torque it, they launch well. The problem is that when you go just a little too far, you spin a rear wheel and the traction control kills the throttle. If you disable the traction control, you just make a ton of tire smoke. This is the same problem with the Hemi Chargers- the traction control kills you. Even if you turn it off, it will still pull throttle away after spinning.

I've owned a good number of fast things, but the most fun was certainly not the most fast. It was a 1989 XJ 4.0 automatic with a Paxton supercharger. I've punked more people with that XJ that you could ever imagine. It made 318HP at the rear wheels. IT doesn' t sound like much today, but in the mid 90's it did ripped apart just about any mustang, camaro and even 'vettes. My problem with that was the launch, but some rear leaf spring trickery, and a single torque arm (similar to the 80's camaros) solved that issue.

My latest one is my 06 Cummins Ram 4x4 dually. Just did a 708HP pull on the new engine and am out of fuel. Gotta go to dual CP3s now and I'm also going to do a HE451 VGT turbo (from an ISX) with a Steed controller. The existing 66mm turbo takes a while to spool and gives me WAY too much smoke...and I HATE black smoke. The VGT should be able to close off enough to give me several PSI at idle from what I've seen on another 5.9 with a similar conversion. I'm currently making 65 PSI and hope to get the same from the VGT, depending on what trim the compressor wheel is. I use a TST PowerMax PDA for fuel control and also have some other changes in the ECM via EFILive. Surprised a guy in a 360 Modena back in September who thought he was going to get ahead of me before the two lanes merged into one...and I didn't lift for the radius in the road afterwards. Love the dual wheel traction. I'll never own another single wheel pickup, nor a gasoline one. And I still manage to get nearly 17MPG around town. After the CP3 and turbo change, I'm targeting 750HP and that's it. I'm done. I don't feel like breaking it again. I can't blame the failure on power though. It was a faulty #6 injector that stuck open on the highway at 85 MPH. When it happens, it's over quicker than you can imagine and #6 piston had no more upper ring lands left. Moral of this: if you have a 5.9 or 6.7 common rail, change you injectors if you're past 125,000 miles. You'll be glad you spend the money to do it.

That is a cool list of cars you have had.

Yeah you need to launch the ecoboosts in 4x4. The Lariat and up trims have an AWD mode which is what I usually use since I dont have to worry about binding. Its full time AWD, fully variable of 0:100 to 50:50 on the fly and works pretty well. My truck will never be that quick though as it weighs 6200 lbs empty. The new aluminum ones move though. A guy ran a 13.75 in a bone stock 2017 crew cab ecoboost, and another guy ran a 13.36 or something in a stock RCSB 5.0. Throw just a tune on the new ecoboost and these guys are running mid to low 12's. Its insane.

Why not a compound kit on the Cummins? Its so easy to do on that motor being an Inline 6 and it seems like there is very little downside? I ask because I secretly want to do this with my Liberty one day :BANANA: Stack a GTX2860 or EFR6258 right after a stock sized unit and run 35-40 psi with both turbos only having to run a 2:1 pressure ratio.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:44 am 
LOST Junkie

thank you Marcozzi

really appreciated, I have do many WK, WJ, JK, KK ,XK and obviously KJ

and is always nice to hear your satisfied word ,

satisfaction is a must for me

thank you too WWDiesel and other guys here

many many thanks

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

Can anyone shed some light on why I'm getting a message requiring a firmware upgrade when I open the newly-installed TOAD program? I tried running the program as administrator, which was suggested early in this thread, but it doesn't help. I'm also getting an error message when I click the start button on the upgrade dialog box. It says "An error occurred while deleting file (null). The system cannot find message text for message number 0x12f9d0 in the message file for SETUPAPI.dll. (error #1243600)."

So far I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, in addition to running as admin, but haven't yet found a way around this.

Thanks for any help -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

if you have the firmware upgrade request , you do not have installed well the driver or the mpps is damaged

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey, Just "Read" my ECU and transferred it to Notepad. The code at the top says "1037512035P53363K0" Can anyone help identify the program? Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

can you upload it , I take a look

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yes I can. The last three digits of the file name are 526.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9bsuvfxvycg6z9/1037377526.Bin?dl=0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:47 am 
LOST Newbie

I've got an '06 Canadian CRD with the 526 version which we got used. Essentially the same I think except the gauge has kph instead of mph. I did the Sasquatch stage 1/2 delete and that went great once I figured it out.

I've only got Win10 systems here so I pulled up a clean VirtualBox VM and passed the USB device to it with no troubles. The MPPS software fires right up and I followed the directions in the first post. It seems to go smooth, I get no errors but then I don't know what happens if something goes wrong either.

My problem is that I can't seem to get the tune to stick. The check engine light turns off after the tune is sent but then it turns right back on after the key is turned off and the Liberty is restarted.

Quote:
the management is the same of the 808 and you can copy the map on your 526

Way back in May Yeti mentioned that the 808 could be used in place of the 526. Does this mean I can simply load the 808 file which has had a lot more research and testing done?

Any ideas? Do I simply need to pull the battery to reset the computer?

If it helps, here is the file I saved. https://app.box.com/s/gjzhnj0s4tfv10dk8i0209hz88xo3iih

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:16 am 
LOST Junkie

quietas wrote:
I've got an '06 Canadian CRD with the 526 version which we got used. Essentially the same I think except the gauge has kph instead of mph. I did the Sasquatch stage 1/2 delete and that went great once I figured it out.

I've only got Win10 systems here so I pulled up a clean VirtualBox VM and passed the USB device to it with no troubles. The MPPS software fires right up and I followed the directions in the first post. It seems to go smooth, I get no errors but then I don't know what happens if something goes wrong either.

My problem is that I can't seem to get the tune to stick. The check engine light turns off after the tune is sent but then it turns right back on after the key is turned off and the Liberty is restarted.

Quote:
the management is the same of the 808 and you can copy the map on your 526

Way back in May Yeti mentioned that the 808 could be used in place of the 526. Does this mean I can simply load the 808 file which has had a lot more research and testing done?

Any ideas? Do I simply need to pull the battery to reset the computer?

If it helps, here is the file I saved. https://app.box.com/s/gjzhnj0s4tfv10dk8i0209hz88xo3iih

you need to load in ecm the two software and copy only the mod I have do

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:17 am 
LOST Junkie

michaelrray wrote:
Yes I can. The last three digits of the file name are 526.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9bsuvfxvycg6z9/1037377526.Bin?dl=0

the real sw number is

there is about 28 original revision software for the kj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for looking at it. So for this 035 version there isn't a program on this website that I could use? I would have to program it myself using ECM Titanium?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:56 am 
LOST Junkie

yes , you need to modify it with ecm , or I can do a custom tune for you with 195hp and 450 nm , or if you have upgraded TC with more power

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 am 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
yes , you need to modify it with ecm , or I can do a custom tune for you with 195hp and 450 nm , or if you have upgraded TC with more power

I would be very interested in hearing more details. just send me a pm and we can correspond through email/facebook or whatever is best for you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:24 am 
LOST Junkie

pm sent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Everyone,
Ive been re-parsing all the pages in this thread however cant seem to figure out if yeti or others have made an 808 Stage 2 Hot Tune (480Nm) that will delete all the DTC Codes (Specifically P1140 and P0403)? I think I stumbled upon a Mild Tune that will delete all the DTC's but not the Hot Tune.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:49 am 
LOST Junkie

if in the mild tune is present the dtc delete , copy on the hot tune , the tuned file I have posted on the first page is for study and DIY ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:45 am 
LOST Newbie

So I think I can isolate the differences within the the files with a hex compare tool (beyond compare) that isolate the differences. However there is also block of data towards the "end" of the file that is also different, should I assume this is a checksum of some sort? If so, I am not sure how exactly to calculate this value manually.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

yes at the end of the file you have the checksum block , if you work on ecm titanium , the software correct it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:26 pm 
LOST Member

I've been having trouble with loading the Yeti 808 tune. I used the mild tune per Yeti's suggestion, but I cannot get the P0403 to clear. I have been driving it this way for over a year now and would really like to get the CEL turned off. As I understand it, the Yeti 808 tune with EGR and FCV delete should remove the P0403 DTC, correct?

What am I doing wrong?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 93  Next