It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:09 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi I have Jeep 2006 Cherokee 2.8 Diesel CRD at Turkey Ankara
I was have problem with more fuel consumption and less power feeling in low rpms
Also i was have P0234 Turbocharger / Supercharger "A" Overboost Condition Code with check engine light

So I downloaded the original ecu file which version is 1037380806P53363K0

and although I have the version 806
I have installed version Yeti's 808 EGR / FCV delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm

performance and fuel consumption is very good now, and i replace map sensor than Dtc Light on P0234 disappeared
but came P0299 which is not cut engine rpm.(low pressure), its not so important for me.

Yetis version made a big difference for me
I need detailed info about Yetis file, could you please add info to files first post or send me pm message.
I want to learn details about the difference of below files:
Yeti's 808 EGR/FCV delete - stock
Yeti's 808 EGR/FCV delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm
Yeti's 808 EGR/FCV/DTC code delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm
Yeti's 808 EGR/FCV delete + Stage 2 Hot tune (vers 1.01) - 480Nm

I want to try Yeti's 808 EGR/FCV delete + Stage 2 Hot tune (vers 1.01) - 480Nm is it safe?

more thanks Yeti ....

Last edited by takyonxxx on Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

ault03 wrote:
SOLVED.........

Look at your cable if it reads usb interface it will not read I did it bought the cheap one connected it to my computer did the driver update and it would read battery voltage but nothing else, when I clicked read ecu it would say not detected... so I went on eBay looked and came across one that said “chip tuning” it was 33 bucks but I took the leap and guess what she works.... if you buy the one that has usb interface it will not work even though it did say reads and writes in the description, it did in fact do nothing.... So when purchasing the cable make sure it says “chip tuning” that was the fix for me got it all tuned.... link below

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4478048655

You were right! I ordered the flash tune cable as described from Amazon. Took three weeks to arrive from China, but tuning worked first time (running MPPS in XP SP2 compatibility mode on Windows 7 machine). Loaded up Yeti’s 808 stage II Hot tune and she runs like a dream.

Thanks everyone for your help!

I’ve also recently installed a $50 cold air intake in place of the crappy stock system. Will post separately on that.

Cheers

1998 TJ 4.0L
1997 TJ 2.5L

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:55 pm 
LOST Member

Regarding the MPPS tune dongle can it be used to read (i.e. remove) the GDE tune so I can install either the original factory tune or one of the Yeti tunes? I ask as I do not have one of the GDE dongles (always meant to buy one) to remove the GFE tune.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:10 pm 
LOST Addict

MtnClimber wrote:
Regarding the MPPS tune dongle can it be used to read (i.e. remove) the GDE tune so I can install either the original factory tune or one of the Yeti tunes? I ask as I do not have one of the GDE dongles (always meant to buy one) to remove the GFE tune.

Why are you trying to remove the gde tune?

Yes it can overwrite the GDE tune.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:27 pm 
LOST Member

Having some issues with excessive black smoke and I have an emissions test coming up in February. So want to try a few different things prior to the test to see if I can reduce the black smoke any.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:04 pm 
LOST Addict

You can copy and save the tune file before overwriting it.
If you are getting black smoke, the engine isn't getting enough air.
Start by pulling the MAP sensor and cleaning it.
Check your CAC hoses to make sure there arent any holes, tears, or leaks.
Check the vacuum lines to the turbo and solenoids.
The small solenoid is know to cause boost problems and can be bypassed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi guys!

I found on the Internet, a modified one Flash.

But, I don’t know if it is disconnected in it EGR and FCV.

Could you check please?!

Download Flash: https://dropmefiles.com/mEnhq

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

It is probably time that some one with good I.T. skills copies this entire thread to a forum in another country like Australia ( ausjeepoffroad.com ) so that the information is not lost when the EPA come after groups like lostjeep. Its fair to say that the owners of the group dont wish to have EPA issues hanging over them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:35 am 
LOST Addict

layback40 wrote:
It is probably time that some one with good I.T. skills copies this entire thread to a forum in another country like Australia ( ausjeepoffroad.com ) so that the information is not lost when the EPA come after groups like lostjeep. Its fair to say that the owners of the group dont wish to have EPA issues hanging over them.

I think the EPA is getting WAAAYY too powerful, and therefore I do not think your suggestion is unreasonable at all.

This entire thread, and ANY other thread that has anything to do with diesel pollution control, should be copied and posted to foreign Jeep forums, as well as back-up copies stored in secure hard drives. I think you would have to get permission from Heather to do this, but perhaps she will understand given the rather draconian circumstances we live under as diesel vehicle owners.

I really believe the EPA's thinks it's feces smells great, especially after they took down VW. I wish Trump would get someone in there who would understand that many of their regulations are totally counter-productive to making a real change to emissions levels and lowering the carbon foot print from vehicles and the automobile industry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK wrote:
layback40 wrote:

I think the EPA is getting WAAAYY too powerful, and therefore I do not think your suggestion is unreasonable at all.

This entire thread, and ANY other thread that has anything to do with diesel pollution control, should be copied and posted to foreign Jeep forums, as well as back-up copies stored in secure hard drives. I think you would have to get permission from Heather to do this, but perhaps she will understand given the rather draconian circumstances we live under as diesel vehicle owners.

I really believe the EPA's thinks it's feces smells great, especially after they took down VW. I wish Trump would get someone in there who would understand that many of their regulations are totally counter-productive to making a real change to emissions levels and lowering the carbon foot print from vehicles and the automobile industry.

No one wants to see Heather getting a knock on the door from the EPA Gestapo. It sounds like thats what happened to GDE.
A couple of years ago many of the 4X4 sites in Australia got nasty letters from a Chinese based legal firm threatening civil action as there was a lot of discussion about a brand of camper trailer that was junk & many had failed on outback roads in Australia. All the site owners complied to avoid the expense of a legal fight.
There has recently been a facebook group (Lemon caravans) admin in Aus taken through the courts by a caravan manufacturer who didnt like what was posted about them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:38 am 
LOST Addict

layback40 quote...

"No one wants to see Heather getting a knock on the door from the EPA Gestapo. It sounds like thats what happened to GDE.
A couple of years ago many of the 4X4 sites in Australia got nasty letters from a Chinese based legal firm threatening civil action as there was a lot of discussion about a brand of camper trailer that was junk & many had failed on outback roads in Australia. All the site owners complied to avoid the expense of a legal fight.
There has recently been a facebook group (Lemon caravans) admin in Aus taken through the courts by a caravan manufacturer who didnt like what was posted about them."

I have had my issues with Heather, but I also do not want her to get hurt by negative action on the part of the EPA.

Still, I believe she owns the rights to this entire forum, and we would have to get her involved if we want to save information from being forcibly deleted by the EPA Overlords.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:40 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello i shared my EGR disabled 450NM tune versions here:

Tested on jeep cherokee 2.8 crd 2006
Driver: ECM Titanium driver C594_513

When EGR disabled, my jeep gives DTC code P0299 (LOW pressure), at second file, i disabled this dtc. (this code P0299 is not important for engine, and not limit engine)

I currently use, Turkay_EgrFcvDelete_P0299_450NM.bin on my jeep and very happy.

You can edit my files, they are similar to Yeti's files.
But important change for me is on torque limiter, for saving engine and limit rpm, i set 4600 rpm to 0.
i set phase of injection values to 17400 for disabling EGR.

Turkay_EgrFcvDelete_450NM.bin
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sgryZOy6YG0heXTDVegTdGoF7-AIisVs

Turkay_EgrFcvDelete_P0299_450NM.bin
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nCmqGsGEj3YWkDmNS-4vzS6RMBU839v7

P0299 Turbocharger / Supercharger A Underboost Condition Code

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello, guys.
I ask knowledgeable people to help with 1 question: how to determine the version of the engine control unit, edc15 or 16,if I have kj 2.8crd 2004(europe)? There is no info in top about this year. Part number 56044299AD. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Is there anyone in Arkansas that could do the flash for me? Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:18 am 
LOST Newbie

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else but I recently had an EGR delete completed by a knowledgeable diesel mechanic. I have been trying to flash a new tune and I seem to have accomplished it but the EGR error code keeps coming back up. Unfortunately, I have a 035 ECM and there is only one tune listed here (Dez's 035 EGR/FCV delete - stock, link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttilfd8wfwi7a ... e.Bin?dl=0).
Does anyone have any information on another tune or any suggestions on this?

Thanks in advance,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:39 pm 

Icehouse13 wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else but I recently had an EGR delete completed by a knowledgeable diesel mechanic. I have been trying to flash a new tune and I seem to have accomplished it but the EGR error code keeps coming back up. Unfortunately, I have a 035 ECM and there is only one tune listed here (Dez's 035 EGR/FCV delete - stock, link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttilfd8wfwi7a ... e.Bin?dl=0).
Does anyone have any information on another tune or any suggestions on this?
Thanks in advance,

Contact Yeti (Marco) on this forum, he can provide you with the proper tune to eliminate the DTC's for the EGR & FCV removal.
PM or email him.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:52 am 
LOST Newbie

karenna wrote:
Hello, guys.
I ask knowledgeable people to help with 1 question: how to determine the version of the engine control unit, edc15 or 16,if I have kj 2.8crd 2004(europe)? There is no info in top about this year. Part number 56044299AD. Thanks in advance!

https://ecu.eu/chrysler/engine-control- ... 07898.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've recently acquired a 2006 CRD and of course the FCV is trash. So after reading most of this thread and going through 1 garbage MPPS cable I think I've got it figured.... Of course I wind up having the 516 engine code and there are no "ready made" tunes available. Once you download your file from the ECU and load it up into ECM Titanium the right hand side of the main screen is the maps that are being used to do the tuning portion of this endeavour. You can download any of the modified files from the site here, make a copy of the maps and then load those into your own file. After this I compared a stock copy of the 808 file (primarily because my CRD is also an 06) and a EGR/FCV removed untuned file. Under Instruments in ECM there is a compare file tool. It will give you a list of data that is different. There are three blocks of data which have been modified in the EGR/FCV tune. The first section is the phase of injection map that I had already changed so I ignored that block. The other two blocks of data were 0E2082-0E27E7 which was set to minimum in the modified file and 0E2964-0E2A9F which was set to maximum. Loaded with this information I then compared the stock 808 file and my 516 file in those two blocks and the information in both stock files was identical so I changed the data in my file to match the EGR/FCV delete. The only thing remaining was removing the DTC code. The location for this is 0E4945 and needs to be set to 0. Is there anything I'm overlooking or does this pretty much sum up how to make your own file?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

Anyone looking for a good tune should get in touch with Yeti. I installed his non full torque and I’m very pleased with the results. Thanks again yeti.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all. Firstly thanks for this post, really helpful.

So I followed the instructions and loaded the flash but the check light stays on. It shows, through a freebie checker a P1104 error, which I believe is the FCV. Should the CEL go out as soon as I flash the ECU?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 93  Next