It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

I figured it out.....the file system is tricky. it was 80811 so I thought it was 808, but it was actually 811. What tbe best tune to run for fuel economy?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:31 am 
LOST Newbie

^^^^ I did the exact same thing on my friends Jeep. I put an 808 tune on it and no start. Went and re-read the file and it was 80811.

81 Austin Mini--automatic, 1 liter of raw power
69 Cougar--398" of pure torque, when it ran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:48 am 

agood1 wrote:
I figured it out.....the file system is tricky. it was 80811 so I thought it was 808, but it was actually 811. What tbe best tune to run for fuel economy?

Thanks

Is your TC stock?
Try the Stage 2 Hot tune and see how you like it and see if your TC can handle it....
If you experience TC shudder, you can drop back to the Stage 1 tune. :wink:
Best fuel mileage is probably with a Stage 3 or Stage 4 Hot tune, but you have to have a very good TC to handle the additional torque/HP.
Key to good mileage is keeping your foot out of it and consistent gentle driving habits which is very hard to do with the Hot Tunes since it runs so good and has all that power available right under your foot!!!! :ROTFL:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok, I'll experiment with other tunes, however, I've noticed my cruise control has stopped working. Will not turn on or activate. Could tuning have something to do with this?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:27 am 
LOST Addict

agood1 wrote:
Ok, I'll experiment with other tunes, however, I've noticed my cruise control has stopped working. Will not turn on or activate. Could tuning have something to do with this?

Mine was not working when I bought my Jeep. I had GDE activate it for me but it required that i send the ecu to them so they could hook it up to their fancy equipment. I doubt you could have messed with it via MPPS.

Supposedly it's common for dealers to deactivate cruise control when you bring the Jeep in and they update it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:15 am 
LOST Newbie

Mine was working fine a few days ago....I dont take anything to the dealer, so they havent touched it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:39 am 

agood1 wrote:
Mine was working fine a few days ago....I dont take anything to the dealer, so they havent touched it.

If you flashed it with the wrong file, it may have disabled it somehow? Have you tried reinstalling your OEM file to see it that fixes it? :idea:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have not tried putting the OEM file back...but I will try that this afternoon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:31 pm 

agood1 wrote:
I have not tried putting the OEM file back...but I will try that this afternoon.

IF it fixes it, then re-flash with the CORRECT file tune and see if the cruise is disabled again!
I have the stage IV Hot tune and cruise works perfectly, always has through all the different tunes and re-flashes that was performed... :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

No change with the stock file loaded. So the cruise is dead, research show that the ECM is capable of "forgetting" the car has cruise installed.......wonder if that has happened.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Where did my mpps.exe file go? Does it automatically get deleted over time if it is not used?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you Yeti. I been running your Stage II for about 6 months. Its awesome. Im getting between 31-33 mpg. My drive to work and back is about 35 miles on back road driving between 45-60 mph. Also I towed a car 220 miles and averaged 27-28 mpg it had no problem. I also have the Suncoast TC. I recently added 4" straight pipe. Now it sounds really mean. Keep up the good work Yeti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EvKgUhBuc8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:49 pm 

We all love and appricate all the work that went into the tunes many of us are now seriously benefiting from!!! :BANANA:

I noticed in your post that you are running an Elephant Hose Mod; it is not a good thing and can cause problems!!!
Read the thread below and I think you will come away with a much better understanding as to why an EHM on this engine is not good thing.
To educate yourself and anyone else interested; it explains in detail as to the whys the little 2.8 CRD engine has so much vapor coming out of the CCV puck and why you should NOT be running the elephant hose mod and should be running a Provent or similar type coalescing type filter / separator... :wink:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80491&hilit

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

Any one in NJ or Eastern PA that can install a file for me, I have the cell after the weeks kit and would like turn it off. Iam willing to drive to your location.
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:17 pm 
LOST Member

Alright... all my maintenance is up to date, so I'm jumping back into this thread now that I can focus on more "fun stuff."

My '06 is a 516 and my '05 is a 424 (which hasn't even been mentioned yet). If someone lets me know where to send it, I am happy to contribute my 424 bin so it can go in the list of stock bins in the first thread post.

After backing up my stock files, my first write was a mass-hole mod of my specific file that I obtained via a friend (Hiya, mass-hole! I'm the guy you did that 516 for.). After writing the bin, the Jeep actually wouldn't start, so I went back to my stock. Then just for the heck of it I tried loading up the Yeti 808 stock with EGR delete, and the Jeep started no problem.

The person who was the in-between with me and mass-hole thinks that it's no problem to run the 808 on my vehicle as long as the Jeep starts, but I am under the impression that just because the Jeep starts, it doesn't mean everything else is mapped correctly, so it's probably not a good idea to run the 808 tune on a vehicle with a 516 stock file.

Can someone clear this up? I am hoping to use Titanium to match my 516 file to to Yeti's 808 soon, but in the mean time I'm wondering if I can just use the 808 as is.

Thanks also to kouik for posting the link to Titanium. I am hoping I can get some time soon to start exploring things and hopefully contributing meaningfully to the thread!

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
search on ebay mpps v13 , do not buy the v16 only for the KJ

I have the V16 and a Jeep Liberty CRD and it reads the ECU ID but not the data, any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi, thanks to all the great information here I was able to update my 06 using MPPS and this tune "Yeti's 808 EGR/FCV delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02)" Everything seem to work like it should. I was able to backup my current data and load the new tune. I took it for a ride and it runs great. But I have one issue. I still have the cel. What did I miss? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:13 pm 
LOST Addict

cobiedog wrote:
Hi, thanks to all the great information here I was able to update my 06 using MPPS and this tune "Yeti's 808 EGR/FCV delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02)" Everything seem to work like it should. I was able to backup my current data and load the new tune. I took it for a ride and it runs great. But I have one issue. I still have the cel. What did I miss? Thanks!

What code is it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:21 pm 
LOST Member

cobiedog wrote:
But I have one issue. I still have the cel. What did I miss? Thanks!

Did you actually clear the CEL with something other than MPPS? Loading the tune will prevent the check engine light from coming on, but you need to clear it (with something like Torque) before it will go away.

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:41 am 
LOST Newbie

Quote:
Did you actually clear the CEL with something other than MPPS? Loading the tune will prevent the check engine light from coming on, but you need to clear it (with something like Torque) before it will go away.

Okay that is what I missed. I was thinking loading the tune would clear the CEL also. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 93  Next