It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:15 pm 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
Have you tried cleaning the MAF with some MAF cleaner? Available at most auto parts stores.

I picked up some cleaner today so I'll see what they does.

1993 C3500 Chevy 6.5 Turbo Diesel
1984 C7500 Chevy Flat Bed 366 gas
1987 R25 Chevy 350 gas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:23 pm 
LOST Junkie

synthetic-oil wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
Have you tried cleaning the MAF with some MAF cleaner? Available at most auto parts stores.

I can built a tune with maf delete too

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:11 am 
LOST Member

Yeti wrote:
synthetic-oil wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:

I can built a tune with maf delete too

That would be great. MAF Cleaner didn't work.

1993 C3500 Chevy 6.5 Turbo Diesel
1984 C7500 Chevy Flat Bed 366 gas
1987 R25 Chevy 350 gas

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello all, just a quick question about these tunes.

#1 has anybody tried flashing a different tune not designated to their ecu? Like using a 808 for a 535 etc? (There is nothing above stock for my ecu so just curious, I know yeti can build me one I just don’t the money right now)

#2 I have flashed a stock with egr and fcv delete, do I leave the maf unplugged or do I plug it back in and is it safe to block off the egr now with a plate to ensure nothing is getting through ?

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:15 am 
LOST Junkie

Jpd686 wrote:
Hello all, just a quick question about these tunes.

#1 has anybody tried flashing a different tune not designated to their ecu? Like using a 808 for a 535 etc? (There is nothing above stock for my ecu so just curious, I know yeti can build me one I just don’t the money right now)

#2 I have flashed a stock with egr and fcv delete, do I leave the maf unplugged or do I plug it back in and is it safe to block off the egr now with a plate to ensure nothing is getting through ?

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 if you have luck the car start , if not the car won't start and you can try to write the stock tune , if something go wrong like some one had tryed out , you can not write back the stock tune and you take your Ecu and use it like a door stop , if you have super luck , you know some one near you that can open the ecu and write via BDM pad the original file stored in the Flash memory and try to rebuilt the Eprom file if corrupted or revirgin the Eprom and with an OE scanner insert the Key code and injector code and Vin

#2 you can plug the maf sensor if in the ecu file there is the egr and fcv function disabled , it's safe to block off the egr if your egr have had issue previously , remember that : with a block of plate you lose a function that discharge the intake from pressure at every pedal gas relase after a WOT

Post subject: Re: DTC Disable (with P0102 ORM example)
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:19 pm 

Yep, responding to a post in this thread from 2015. I'm looking at making a change to a DTC that falls into a situation that isn't quite covered by the below:

HrastProgrammer wrote:
Practical example ... Disable P0102 DTC so you don't have CEL while using ORM (Off-Road Modification - disconnecting MAF sensor to turn EGR off):

Open the appropriate DTC file for your ECU version. My ECU is 513 so I'll open 513_DTC.txt and locate P0102 code inside the table:

[008] P0103 P0102 ----- -----: E4879=16

From the above data you can see that error path for P0102 is 008 and the Error Class ID (16) for this error path is at location $E4879. To disable P0102 all you have to do is to put zero at this location:

Map[$E4879]:=0;

This will also disable P0103 because it is in the same group and has the same error path.

Save the modified map, write it to the ECU and that's it :-)

All of the above makes sense. However, the case I'm running into is as follows:

Our KJ's running an 811 ECU. The MAF sensor (which looks to be original at 139,000 miles) is getting flaky, and will (very) occasionally throw a CEL for DTC P0101. Because I have a Stage 1 & 2 Weeks Kit installed, I'd like to just disable the CEL for that particular DTC since the MAF is basically doing nothing and spending ±$150 to replace it just doesn't make sense.

In the 811 DTC list, there are three references to P0101: two at $E4272 (which is set to $25) and one at $E4346 (which is set to $00).

It's clear to me that $E4272 needs to be changed to $00, but I'm not sure what (if anything) needs to be done to $E4346 since it's already set to $00.

Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
IRO WJ Short Rear UCA/WWDiesel mount
Skid Row Skidplates
HDS Model 001 Thermostat (190°F)
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Hayden 2986 fan clutch / GM 11-blade fan
Samco / Sasquatch Intake Hoses
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

Post subject: Re: DTC Disable (with P0102 ORM example)
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

casm wrote:
Yep, responding to a post in this thread from 2015. I'm looking at making a change to a DTC that falls into a situation that isn't quite covered by the below:

HrastProgrammer wrote:
Practical example ... Disable P0102 DTC so you don't have CEL while using ORM (Off-Road Modification - disconnecting MAF sensor to turn EGR off):

Open the appropriate DTC file for your ECU version. My ECU is 513 so I'll open 513_DTC.txt and locate P0102 code inside the table:

[008] P0103 P0102 ----- -----: E4879=16

From the above data you can see that error path for P0102 is 008 and the Error Class ID (16) for this error path is at location $E4879. To disable P0102 all you have to do is to put zero at this location:

Map[$E4879]:=0;

This will also disable P0103 because it is in the same group and has the same error path.

Save the modified map, write it to the ECU and that's it :-)

All of the above makes sense. However, the case I'm running into is as follows:

Our KJ's running an 811 ECU. The MAF sensor (which looks to be original at 139,000 miles) is getting flaky, and will (very) occasionally throw a CEL for DTC P0101. Because I have a Stage 1 & 2 Weeks Kit installed, I'd like to just disable the CEL for that particular DTC since the MAF is basically doing nothing and spending ±$150 to replace it just doesn't make sense.

In the 811 DTC list, there are three references to P0101: two at $E4272 (which is set to $25) and one at $E4346 (which is set to $00).

It's clear to me that $E4272 needs to be changed to $00, but I'm not sure what (if anything) needs to be done to $E4346 since it's already set to $00.

Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks.

I hope this helps, I am running a 811 file in my CRD and its got over 20k miles on it with no issues.
here is what I changed:

TYPE = 811
FUNC LOC Code WAS NOW

EGR - E427D - P0401 - 10 --> 0

EGR - E429E - P0403 - 17 --> 0

FCV - E433C - P1140 - 17 --> 0

MAF - E4272 - P0101 - 25 --> 0

I made no other changes edited the 4 locations to = 0 and re-flashed the ecu.
everything worked as expected and no codes from the EGR/MAF etc.

Good luck.
-Kel

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:23 pm 

I am running a 811 Yeti Stage IV Hot tune and have been since April of 2014 and over 40k miles. I also have the Weeks EGR delete kit with no EGR or FCV.
I have rarely gotten either a P0101 or P0102 DTC a couple of times, can't really remember for sure which one, but the reason was totally unknown.
I simply reset it with my scanner and truck on. Not a real big deal to me....

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:32 am 
LOST Junkie

$E4346 no need to be changed ;-)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:38 pm 

kelbren wrote:
I hope this helps, I am running a 811 file in my CRD and its got over 20k miles on it with no issues.
here is what I changed:

TYPE = 811
FUNC LOC Code WAS NOW

EGR - E427D - P0401 - 10 --> 0

EGR - E429E - P0403 - 17 --> 0

FCV - E433C - P1140 - 17 --> 0

MAF - E4272 - P0101 - 25 --> 0

I made no other changes edited the 4 locations to = 0 and re-flashed the ecu.
everything worked as expected and no codes from the EGR/MAF etc.

Good luck.
-Kel

Thanks for those - I'd been meaning to knock out the EGR DTCs as well. The tweaked tune is built; if the rain will just let up for 5 minutes I'll go flash it over :lol:

WWDiesel wrote:
I am running a 811 Yeti Stage IV Hot tune and have been since April of 2014 and over 40k miles. I also have the Weeks EGR delete kit with no EGR or FCV.
I have rarely gotten either a P0101 or P0102 DTC a couple of times, can't really remember for sure which one, but the reason was totally unknown.

Yep, I hear you. And, really, it's not a big deal to me either - I just don't want a situation where the false positive DTC trips the CEL at a time where there's also a legitimate DTC being stored. I'll end up ignoring the CEL, thinking that it's just that thing it does sometimes, and not find the code that actually needs attention. In a perfect world I'd grab the code reader and check it out ASAP before doing a reset, but things don't always go as planned.

Hell, I've even had legitimate DTCs pop up before, and have hit the 'clear faults on ECU' option without first reading them. :banghead: The fewer opportunities for screwups the better.

Yeti wrote:
$E4346 no need to be changed ;-)

Thanks - I kinda figured that was the case, but good to have confirmation :mrgreen:

JBA Lifted A-Arms
IRO WJ Short Rear UCA/WWDiesel mount
Skid Row Skidplates
HDS Model 001 Thermostat (190°F)
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Hayden 2986 fan clutch / GM 11-blade fan
Samco / Sasquatch Intake Hoses
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:45 pm 

casm wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:

Yep, I hear you. And, really, it's not a big deal to me either - I just don't want a situation where the false positive DTC trips the CEL at a time where there's also a legitimate DTC being stored. I'll end up ignoring the CEL, thinking that it's just that thing it does sometimes, and not find the code that actually needs attention. In a perfect world I'd grab the code reader and check it out ASAP before doing a reset, but things don't always go as planned.
Hell, I've even had legitimate DTCs pop up before, and have hit the 'clear faults on ECU' option without first reading them. :banghead: The fewer opportunities for screwups the better.

I simply keep my Innova code reader in the console of my Jeep and when a DTC happens to pop up, I read it, then clear it.
It only happens maybe once a twice a year for me.
Note: DTC's can be read and easily cleared on the fly. :D

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Does anyone have a pre f37 bin for an 808 ecu?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

Guys I'm at a loss. I purchased an MPPS V13.02, uploaded the software, did the driver install and I can't get it to comunicate with the libby. Screen comes up for the AMT program and I click all the applicable boxes (Chrysler, Cherokee, 2.8......). When I click read ecu it simply says "waking ECU" then tells me it can't find it. Anybody run into this? 2005 2.8 auto.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:36 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
check both ends of the cable. Check that the male cable pins are straight and aligned.

check that your ign is turned to run. (I hate asking that. It's too much like the IT guys asking "Is your computer plugged in?")

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:51 pm 

Make sure your drivers got loaded correctly. You may have to load the MPPS drivers manually, it has been a common issue reported by many.
I had to load my drivers manually on a Windows XP laptop when I first got my MPPS cable and software.

Once you have the MPPS software and drivers installed and working correctly.
Very important, make sure you download and save a copy of your OEM file in a safe place in case you ever have to reload it via the MPPS cable and software?
using the MPPS software, you can reflash your OBC using the correct file for your vehicle.

Make sure your vehicle's battery is fully charged before the flash and make sure your laptop computer is fully charged or have both the vehicle and the laptop plugged into chargers for complete safety.
A battery going dead on either one during the middle of a reflash could cost you your ECM. :grim:
Also very important, make sure your laptop is disconnected and disabled from connecting to the internet via wifi while performing any reading or flashes! [u]All WiFi turned off![/u]

good luck...

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:57 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
It doesn't sound like this is the problem yet, but Remember to launch the program in administrator mode.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:04 am 
LOST Newbie

Cable pins are okay. Ignition is on. I thought I may have a vehicle comunication issue but i have no problem with my scanner and I can manipulate different device so that side is good. I’ll double check the drivers. My user is set up as an administrator on my computer but I will try manually opening it as admin and see what happens. Thanks everyone. I’ll report back what I find this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi All,
I'm the new proud owner of a 2006 Liberty CRD, and so far I really like it!

I'm currently running the Off-road mod where you unplug the mass airflow sensor to keep the EGR off.

I'd love to load a new tune on it, but it sounds like I'm having almost the exact same problem as xtrm4xjp.

The ignition is on (engine not running), MPPS is running in admin mode in windows XP (in a virtual machine), selected Chrystler > Jeep cherokee > 2.8L 16CP31. it reads voltage from the jeep, my WIFI is off, cables/pins all look good, running v12.0.0.6 for MPPS (the only one i can get to work, from the TOAD download

when I choose either ECU ID or Read, it says waking ECU, then displays ECU not found.

If its the first time I've tried it, the jeep will chime, the CEL will flash, and the glow plug light will flash 3 times.

I know I have codes for 3 bad glow plugs ( i live in Hawaii and dont think I miss them) and a code for the unplugged airflow sensor.

Any advice? Things i should double check? Do I just have a bad cable (it was a $20 one from amazon.)

https://www.amazon.com/Keenso-Diagnostic-Scanner-Citroen-Chrysler/dp/B07F2WH8DX/ref=pd_sbs_147_1/131-4092362-7114664?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07F2WH8DX&pd_rd_r=342a36bb-9302-11e9-b70d-a39ade504cc1&pd_rd_w=Yjr7s&pd_rd_wg=eUPTP&pf_rd_p=588939de-d3f8-42f1-a3d8-d556eae5797d&pf_rd_r=JSBC1GJM17EBKT54TNDA&psc=1&refRID=JSBC1GJM17EBKT54TNDA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:44 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys,

I'm new here and just became an owner of a jeep Cherokee 05.

Now i'm completely new to tuning so forgive me if I stumble around.
I wanted to do a basic EGR/FCV delete and have managed to get a read of my system which ends with a 527.
I had a quick skim and couldn't find a tune for it.
Can anyone here help me out?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:01 am 
LOST Junkie

jimmyjames wrote:
Hi All,
I'm the new proud owner of a 2006 Liberty CRD, and so far I really like it!

I'm currently running the Off-road mod where you unplug the mass airflow sensor to keep the EGR off.

I'd love to load a new tune on it, but it sounds like I'm having almost the exact same problem as xtrm4xjp.

The ignition is on (engine not running), MPPS is running in admin mode in windows XP (in a virtual machine), selected Chrystler > Jeep cherokee > 2.8L 16CP31. it reads voltage from the jeep, my WIFI is off, cables/pins all look good, running v12.0.0.6 for MPPS (the only one i can get to work, from the TOAD download

when I choose either ECU ID or Read, it says waking ECU, then displays ECU not found.

If its the first time I've tried it, the jeep will chime, the CEL will flash, and the glow plug light will flash 3 times.

I know I have codes for 3 bad glow plugs ( i live in Hawaii and dont think I miss them) and a code for the unplugged airflow sensor.

Any advice? Things i should double check? Do I just have a bad cable (it was a $20 one from amazon.)

https://www.amazon.com/Keenso-Diagnostic-Scanner-Citroen-Chrysler/dp/B07F2WH8DX/ref=pd_sbs_147_1/131-4092362-7114664?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07F2WH8DX&pd_rd_r=342a36bb-9302-11e9-b70d-a39ade504cc1&pd_rd_w=Yjr7s&pd_rd_wg=eUPTP&pf_rd_p=588939de-d3f8-42f1-a3d8-d556eae5797d&pf_rd_r=JSBC1GJM17EBKT54TNDA&psc=1&refRID=JSBC1GJM17EBKT54TNDA

install the v13 software

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 93  Next