It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:55 am 
LOST Junkie

your file have the same engine management , but do not load the entry 808 tune , use the 808 tuned file like original , manually select the CXXX_808 driver and in modyficated file load your original , then copy the tuned map on your , the egr is the same , save your new file and write it in your kj

have a nice day Sir

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:49 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
your file have the same engine management , but do not load the entry 808 tune , use the 808 tuned file like original , manually select the CXXX_808 driver and in modyficated file load your original , then copy the tuned map on your , the egr is the same , save your new file and write it in your kj

have a nice day Sir

Hey Yeti.

That is what I have done to compare differences and map out what changed. I think manually update the map with what I see the others have.

I need to figure out how to copy/paste sections of the map from a tuned version(what you provided) to my hex file so that I do not have to manually edit the hex file address by address.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:51 pm 
LOST Addict

Here is a updated 035 without EGR and FCV based on Yetis work:

http://colorado4wheel.com/images/libby/ ... DELETE.BIN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:47 am 
LOST Junkie

perfect ,you can copy the tuned map selecting with right click the start of selection and do another right click at the end of the tuned map to close the selection , then selct "Paste original " in up right corner and the job is done , repeat for every tuned map , and you have the tuned file

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:24 pm 
LOST Addict

kidjedi wrote:
jlayne wrote:
Hello. After some reading of this thread, it looks like some folks (kidjedi?) may have gotten the 808 files to run on a 06 ECU with a factory 516 file.

My 06 has the 516 file as interpreted by MPPS and WinOLS. Is it a correct assumption that one could run one of the 808 files on my CRD? I'm sure the files you guys have been working on are far more advanced/refined than anything I can put together at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Yeah. My file that reads "516" is currently running a Yeti 808 file (I've done mild tune and stock with EGR/FCV delete).

I've been told that my 516 filed actually shows as an 035 file in WinOLS, but I can confirm I am currently running (without issue) an 808 file.

EDIT: All that said, be SURE to back up your stock file and save it in a safe place (or three) before you overwrite anything.

Have you pulled your tune with MPPS yourself and it showed as a 516? Reason I ask is I believe this was why you had an issue with my tune in the first place. When your base file was sent to me I was told it was a 516 when it was not. I used an existing 516 file that I had worked on to create a tune for you, which didnt work on your jeep because it was in fact an 035. A lot of the tunes I have been getting from jws84 have been named different file numbers than what is coming up in WinOLS so I believe his MPPS may be funky. Since your little mishap I have made it practice to open everyone's base tune in WinOLS and cross check it against a known version.

I believe your tune is most definitely an 035 though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:36 pm 
LOST Addict

Sir Sam wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
Yeti wrote:
can you post the original file ? just for curiosity , I want to see the diffrence in the 808 , thanks

http://colorado4wheel.com/images/libby/ ... 380808.Bin

Very similar to the 808. If I get some free time I will try and work out an EGR delete for it. I need to look back through the modified 808 files so I can see what is what.

If I can get past that I'll look at the performance 808 versions.

So I went through and edited my file according to what yeti did for the 808 stock/EGR/FCV delete, however I can into one map that is flatlined to 15000, but when I use the hexeditor form ECMTi I cannot enter in the exact value of 15000. Trying to type in decimal doesn't seem to get it input correct, and typing in hex seems to truncate the value since I can only see 2 characters of the value.

I also for the life of me cannot figure out how to manually type in a value from the 2d graph screen.

The existing driver that has one of the 3d maps set allows me to modify the EGR table(called phase of injection) to 15500, however since I cannot adjust the driver to add the map i need to modify I seem stuck with ECMTi.

I'm also having a hard time translating the hex address from ECMTi to other hex editors.

Update.

Gave up on ECMTi for updating that last table from 0e2962 to 0e2aa0. I used a generic hex editor and set the values there. I realized some of my confusion came from loading a hex file and it defaulting to 8 bit when viewing the 2D tables.

Got the 035 file updated for EGR/FCV delete based on Yetis 808 EGR/FCV Delete.

ECMTi can be tricky. If you are looking at a 2D map in tabular form there should be an edit button in the top that allows you to make adjustments to cells. Highlighting is also weird.

for a value like 15000, you will need to change two cells in the hex dump for each 15000 you need to change. If you have it in decimal form, 15000 should show up as something like 58 152 or 3A 98 in hex. I always use WinOLS to make the change in 16 bit and then help me find the locations and values to make the changes in ECMTi in 8 bit. WinOLS allows you to jump back and forth between 8 bit, 16 bit and hex or decimal on the fly.

Sir Sam wrote:
I have been wondering where the VIN, Mileage, PIN code(for SKIM/Immobilizer), and Injector codes are stored.

Why is it that these don't get overwritten by the MPPS cable when we load a hex file?

I have a DRBIII and a spare 2005 ECU. I am going to make a video showing how to reprogram the ECU for my 05. During the process I want to compare the hex files. Currently my spare ecu is programmed for my 06 - and I can read the mileage, VIN, PIN, and injector codes prior to reprogramming with the DRBIII.

Then I will program it to match my 05, with the VIN, PIN, and INJECTOR codes.

My thinking is that then I will do a comparison between the two hex files pulled with MPPS. It will be the same ECU, with the same "Maps" but the only thing that should change is the VIN, PIN, and Injector codes. Hopefully the comparison should show where or if these are stored in our hex files.

Im sure its in there but I bet its outside of where MPPS can write. The files are much larger than we have access too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

you read the same flash with mpps and with drb3 , the difference in the flash is made by vin number and hardware , the injector code is not in the flash and the immobilizer code too , you need to read the E2prom by BDM port with opened ECU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
you read the same flash with mpps and with drb3 , the difference in the flash is made by vin number and hardware , the injector code is not in the flash and the immobilizer code too , you need to read the E2prom by BDM port with opened ECU

Thanks Yeti. I had been wondering if that was the case. I had read about programming via the BDM pads.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:34 am 
LOST Junkie

sorry BDM pads :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm 
LOST Addict

mass-hole wrote:

ECMTi can be tricky. If you are looking at a 2D map in tabular form there should be an edit button in the top that allows you to make adjustments to cells. Highlighting is also weird.

for a value like 15000, you will need to change two cells in the hex dump for each 15000 you need to change. If you have it in decimal form, 15000 should show up as something like 58 152 or 3A 98 in hex.

Gotcha, I understand now. I was only looking at one part of the address and updating the full number. I'm not an EE or CS so some of these integer/number/binary things really stretch my memory back to the 90s, of which not much is left.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:33 pm 
LOST Member

mass-hole wrote:
kidjedi wrote:
Have you pulled your tune with MPPS yourself and it showed as a 516? Reason I ask is I believe this was why you had an issue with my tune in the first place. When your base file was sent to me I was told it was a 516 when it was not. I used an existing 516 file that I had worked on to create a tune for you, which didnt work on your jeep because it was in fact an 035. A lot of the tunes I have been getting from jws84 have been named different file numbers than what is coming up in WinOLS so I believe his MPPS may be funky. Since your little mishap I have made it practice to open everyone's base tune in WinOLS and cross check it against a known version.

I believe your tune is most definitely an 035 though.

Yep. MPPS is the only way I've read anything so far. I backed up my stock BIN and it was 516 in MPPS.

But here's the really weird thing... looking at the files now (just opening the bin with a text editor), I am seeing 1037512035P53363K0 (obviously an 035 file) and I cannot figure out where in the world I got the "516" number (no, I did not use the "Chrysler File Number" in the MPPS software).

The file jws84 had was from me and harvested using my copy of MPPS, so not his fault (unless he sent you the wrong file; but again, I too was under the impression that I had a 516 file).

Though... now that I think about it... I do believe that jws84 was using his copy of MPPS to view my file at one point while we were working on some other stuff, so I guess there IS a chance that the file you received was the one he downloaded.

So it looks like I have an 035 for my 2006 after all, and I'm not entirely certain where the 516 came into the mix. :| Sorry about the confusion, and thanks so much for all your help.

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

I finally got around to loading the 808 tunes (Yeti) on my 06 Liberty with the 516 software. Mine would not run them, no crank, nothing except trac and srs lamp on. I reloaded my factory 516 and it returned to normal. It appears that the 808 tune may work on some but not all 516 ECU's.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:31 pm 
LOST Member

jlayne wrote:
I finally got around to loading the 808 tunes (Yeti) on my 06 Liberty with the 516 software. Mine would not run them, no crank, nothing except trac and srs lamp on. I reloaded my factory 516 and it returned to normal. It appears that the 808 tune may work on some but not all 516 ECU's.

This misinformation is likely my fault... I will try to find and edit my post regarding 516/808.

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

No worries kidjedi, as the old saying goes "stuff happens." lol.

Is there a 516 program out there? I have been playing with WinOLS and it is a little overwhelming. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 pm 
LOST Member

jlayne wrote:
No worries kidjedi, as the old saying goes "stuff happens." lol.

Is there a 516 program out there? I have been playing with WinOLS and it is a little overwhelming. Thanks in advance.

Again, my apologies if I wasted your time. :cry:

I know mass-hole has done some work on a 516 (the first tune I tried to load was one he made for me... looks like I wasted his time too [grrrr]). Maybe he'll chime in with some info. I can also send you the file he made for me, but I think he customized it slightly for my altitude (CO).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:41 am 
LOST Junkie

guys work only in the file that you have read from your ECU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:19 pm 
LOST Member

Yeti wrote:
guys work only in the file that you have read from your ECU

Right... I thought we were. :wink: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

kidjedi wrote:
I know mass-hole has done some work on a 516 (the first tune I tried to load was one he made for me... looks like I wasted his time too [grrrr]). Maybe he'll chime in with some info. I can also send you the file he made for me, but I think he customized it slightly for my altitude (CO).

That would be awesome I'd be happy to try it. my email is jhlayne2000 (at) yahoo.com

Do you know what he has done with the program and what changes have been made for high altitude?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:52 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm interested in the high altitude changes as well. Since I'm never below 5000 feet.

81 Austin Mini--automatic, 1 liter of raw power
69 Cougar--398" of pure torque, when it ran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:31 am 
LOST Junkie

for what i know only some management have the correction for the rail pressure on altitude in the original file , and there is some turbo correction , and is normal for not destroy it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 93  Next