It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Update!

I'm running Nick's 808 ECU/FCV delete + (some) HP tune (vers 1.01) right now and honestly it feels stock to my butt. That being said I don't high rev my CRD, I like keeping the RPMs low as well. This tune is also not going to get the milage that Yeti's tune got me previously. I'm going to fill up my tank soon and try Yet's tune 1.02 instead of the 1.01 I had been running. I miss the lower end torque which I think was a result from more boost at lower rpm. Again I haven't connected my phone to confirm this, its just how it feels to me and what I can see on the diesel gauge.

-Grant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:00 pm 
LOST Junkie

yes , I've increased the torque strating at 1400 rpm and at 50% load

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
yes , I've increased the torque strating at 1400 rpm and at 50% load

I thought so, going back to this other tune I could definitely tell the turbo is not being used nearly as much. I'm about to refill this tank just to switch back, I miss the low end torque.

I wonder if you can use more turbo to continue to improve the fuel economy?

-Grant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

first I have to be sure of how much pressure can produce our garret , Indeed, if someone has some data may post the maximum working pressure? now it's near 1,5 bar , precisely 1,485 Bar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

That 808 is very mild. About 5% increase. My 2006 running the 808 tune is not on the road right now so I did not to to much to that file. My 811 tune for the 2005 jeep has a nice hp and torque increase since I could test it after I modded it. The 808 I did was just to get started with, that is why it says some hp increase in the file name.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi guys, I finally got my mpps cable! Plugged it into my 2005 Limited and got the following ID: Type EDC16C/C2 9.9, 1037380809. (I also got 1037375601 on another reader!?) Now I'm stumped, because Titanium won't find any drivers to associate with my file! I followed squeeto's info to the letter, but still cannot find drivers! Any ideas? Rob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:46 am 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
first I have to be sure of how much pressure can produce our garret , Indeed, if someone has some data may post the maximum working pressure? now it's near 1,5 bar , precisely 1,485 Bar

Doing some research it looks like the maximum PSI for the Garrett Turbo is 26.5 psi or 1.792 bar. I don't think we should push it to max, so I would think 1.65 bar or 24psi of boost would be safe. 1.485 bar is 21.5 psi of boost.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/jeep-liberty-sport-4x4-diesel-short-take-road-test

nicktb wrote:
That 808 is very mild. About 5% increase. My 2006 running the 808 tune is not on the road right now so I did not to to much to that file. My 811 tune for the 2005 jeep has a nice hp and torque increase since I could test it after I modded it. The 808 I did was just to get started with, that is why it says some hp increase in the file name.

Please do not take my comments as complaints. I went out and tried driving my Liberty with a little higher RPM and the upper RPM and HP is better, so your tune did work, its just not suited for my style of driving.

-Grant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:56 am 
LOST Junkie

thanks for the info , but I think at 1,65 the intercooler can't cool adequately the hot air produced , i think 1,55 is the best way , but for sure I study a littel bit , is only my Idea , i know the Inmotion Rc1 tune put it at 22 psi , it would be interesting to know who has the GDE tune, how much pressure did the turbine, for feedback

@ Eskimo , try to search manually , your driver is JXXX_809

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:37 am 
LOST Junkie

Eskymo wrote:
Hi guys, I finally got my mpps cable! Plugged it into my 2005 Limited and got the following ID: Type EDC16C/C2 9.9, 1037380809. (I also got 1037375601 on another reader!?) Now I'm stumped, because Titanium won't find any drivers to associate with my file! I followed squeeto's info to the letter, but still cannot find drivers! Any ideas? Rob

See what Yeti said above and also I think that cicciouk has your software. Maybe he has some advice as well.

Please post anything you find and I will add it to the first post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:50 am 
LOST Newbie

[quote=@ Eskimo , try to search manually , your driver is JXXX_809[/quote]

Thanks Yeti (Marcus?) I must still be doing something wrong. I made sure the jxxx_809 file was in the DRT folder, did a manual search, but it still comes up "no driver found' I'll sleep on it (now 1.45am!) and try again tomorrow. Many thanks for your help! Rob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:59 am 
LOST Junkie

Click the "Driver name" tab, enter JXXX_809 and then press "Start search".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

@Squeeto ....right

@Eskymo , my name is Marco :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
@Squeeto ....right

Is there a way we can advance the timing of the CRD? I don't think we can do it with Titanium unless I'm mistaken. I remember a trick from my Fiero I had that I would use to get better mpg. Stock the timing was set to 8 degrees, but I set it to 12 degrees, kind of extreme, and saw noticeable gains in MPG.

I think the CRD are set to 10, I wonder if we can move that to 12 . . . hmmm

-Grant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:45 pm 

disjaukifa wrote:
Yeti wrote:
@Squeeto ....right

Is there a way we can advance the timing of the CRD? I don't think we can do it with Titanium unless I'm mistaken. I remember a trick from my Fiero I had that I would use to get better mpg. Stock the timing was set to 8 degrees, but I set it to 12 degrees, kind of extreme, and saw noticeable gains in MPG.

I think the CRD are set to 10, I wonder if we can move that to 12 . . . hmmm

-Grant

I presume you are talking FUEL timing?
Not sure on the VM, but that is one of the things the EDGE box does on my Dodge Cummins (Bosch Pump), it electronically bumps the FUEL timing up a few degrees as you adjust the power levels up from stock. Makes quite a bit of difference on power! :P

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Squeeto wrote:
Click the "Driver name" tab, enter JXXX_809 and then press "Start search".

Yep, that's what I did, which is why I'm stumped as to why it's not finding the driver. Sorry Squeeto, but is it possible to send a couple of screen shots of your settings in ECM please? Maybe I've got something wrong there. I even tried one of Marco's files, but no drivers attached there either. mutter, mutter... (Hey, sorry Marco for getting your name wrong. I'm very grateful for all that you're doing, and felt a little disrespectful just calling ya yeti! That goes for all you other guys putting so much into this) Next thing I can do is send my .bin file to you or squeeto to see if your ecm will find anything. Rob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yay!!! Scrap that last message! I now have it working! It needs to have automatic search turned off BEFORE I load my file, and do the manual search (thanks Squeeto!) without any other parameters. Now, I can look at the differences between my original and GDE ecotune. Will let you know how it goes. NOW i'm excited! :BANANA:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:42 am 
LOST Junkie

I bought the cable and am waiting to get it. Is there a way to delete the turbo "stuff" out of the ecm? I'm converting to a fixed geometry turbo so I won't need all the vane controlling software. I'm taking it up to kieth at GDE to get a custom big tune for it (injectors honed out 25%) and would love to be able to drive it instead of haul it on a trailer.

05 Liberty Limited CRD, converted to KPA 2863 ball bearing and billet turbo, 50hp injectorsl, complete egr delete, cooling fan delete, weeks intake kit, cummins in tank lift pump, ARP studs, 3" turbo back exhaust, samcos, etecno plugs, GDE trans tune, custom GDE engine tune.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:57 am 
LOST Junkie

great I am happy you can work on your file , Rob, no problem, call me Marco or Yeti, nothing changes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:24 am 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
great I am happy you can work on your file , Rob, no problem, call me Marco or Yeti, nothing changes

Thanks Marco :D I'll have to learn to drive ECM now. Is there a way to compare two files to see exactly what parameters have been changed and to what percentage? I have my original and also a modded one, but not sure how to read/make changes, so thought the best way would be to compare map-by-map the differences. That may give me some education...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 am 
LOST Junkie

Eskymo wrote:
Yeti wrote:

Thanks Marco :D I'll have to learn to drive ECM now. Is there a way to compare two files to see exactly what parameters have been changed and to what percentage? I have my original and also a modded one, but not sure how to read/make changes, so thought the best way would be to compare map-by-map the differences. That may give me some education...

yes , in the first tab yuo insert your Ori ....Original.... and in the second tab , you select the mod file and you see the difference on a single map , first , when you select the map , the first window are in decimal value , if you click in the button with a graphic icon .....the 4th button starting on the left , you can see the graphic value , that is more simple for a novice , i'll suggest you early , take a confidence for the SW , make a backup of your Ori , and after experiment the SW and his function ........make experiment only loading your ori and do no touch the tune you have , when you have understood the SW , you can watch and modify your file , usually the injection phase can be incremented by a percentage , but the turbo value is best if you touch point x point in decimal value , hope you can understand what I write , my English is not good , if you have any question , well ask

Last edited by Yeti on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 93  Next