It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:06 pm 
LOST Addict

mecne wrote:
Yeti wrote:
reply to you

Ok Thank You .

Can I swap the ECU's between my liberty's?

Both are the same year and same Software Version 516 .

M

The ECU is supposed to be programmed with VIN.
It might work or it might not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:15 pm 

mecne wrote:
Yeti wrote:
reply to you

Ok Thank You .
Can I swap the ECU's between my liberty's?
Both are the same year and same Software Version 516 .
M

ECM's are vehicle specific! It is not as simple as swapping out an ECM :roll:
VIN information, vehicle mileage, SKIM PIN, and other vehicle specific data are stored in the ECM
SKIM/ immobilizer also talks to the ECM, the ECM gets a command from the SKIM if the SKIM recognizes the key chip on startup and then tells the ECM to allow the engine to keep running.
If it does not match the PIN it will shut the engine down (immobilize) after 2-3 seconds! :grim:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

Last edited by WWDiesel on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:14 pm 
LOST Junkie

you need to open the 2 ecu and read a backup from the first and clone in the second , in this way you clone immo code , injector code and the flash

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:26 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello. After some reading of this thread, it looks like some folks (kidjedi?) may have gotten the 808 files to run on a 06 ECU with a factory 516 file.

My 06 has the 516 file as interpreted by MPPS and WinOLS. Is it a correct assumption that one could run one of the 808 files on my CRD? I'm sure the files you guys have been working on are far more advanced/refined than anything I can put together at the moment. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:37 am 
LOST Member

jlayne wrote:
Hello. After some reading of this thread, it looks like some folks (kidjedi?) may have gotten the 808 files to run on a 06 ECU with a factory 516 file.

My 06 has the 516 file as interpreted by MPPS and WinOLS. Is it a correct assumption that one could run one of the 808 files on my CRD? I'm sure the files you guys have been working on are far more advanced/refined than anything I can put together at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Yeah. [[My file that reads "516" is currently running a Yeti 808 file (I've done mild tune and stock with EGR/FCV delete)]].

EDIT: THE ABOVE STATEMENT SEEMS TO BE INCORRECT. I have a file that was interpreted as a 516, but it is an 035.

I've been told that my 516 filed actually shows as an 035 file in WinOLS, but I can confirm I am currently running (without issue) an 808 file.

EDIT: While I initially thought the file was a 516, I cannot repeat whatever made me think that in the first place. Viewing the BIN file in a text editor, the number where you find the definition number clearly shows "035." Apologies for any confusion this post caused before it was edited.

All that said, be SURE to back up your stock file and save it in a safe place (or three) before you overwrite anything.

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

Last edited by kidjedi on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:20 am 
LOST Newbie

Thank you Sir. I will post back this weekend and let you guys know if mine ran with it also. I greatly appreciate what you guys have done making these files available.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:45 pm 
LOST Member

jlayne wrote:
Thank you Sir. I will post back this weekend and let you guys know if mine ran with it also. I greatly appreciate what you guys have done making these files available.

I haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time with tuning yet (though I really appreciate the person who put a link to Titanium in this thread, so now I can actually alter maps when I get a chance to hunker down and dive in). I just have my MAF unplugged on my '06 to "delete" the EGR (the EGR is actually removed on the '05), and thus have always had a CEL (check engine light) since unplugging, so was looking forward to using a tune to eliminate that CEL. I will note that even with the "mild" tune, I experienced TC shutter (yes, I was having fun, but sometimes it was just during "normal" highway passing), and my CEL light did not go away because, according to the OBD/Torque readings, my vehicles was experience "implausible readings" from the injectors. I'm not sure if this was due to the "beefier" tune, or because I am using an 808 tune on my 035 ECU. Just thought I'd put that out there though.

I recently downgraded to Yeti's stock 808 with EGR/FCV delete to see if my CEL is eliminated, but I've only been driving that way for a day or so, so time will tell if the CEL comes back.

Thanks again to all involved in this thread!

[edited to remove references to "516"]

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

Last edited by kidjedi on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:12 am 
LOST Newbie

Cool. Did the code show immediately, or just after heavy throttle?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:16 pm 
LOST Member

jlayne wrote:

Likely after punching it. It came back on with just the stock egg/fcv delete, so I need to check what else is going on. I think I've got some thermostat issues, as I don't seem to be getting up to temp (likely stuck open). Hoping to purchase an 001 from Jeff's next run.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:40 pm 
LOST Addict

kidjedi wrote:
jlayne wrote:

Likely after punching it. It came back on with just the stock egg/fcv delete, so I need to check what else is going on. I think I've got some thermostat issues, as I don't seem to be getting up to temp (likely stuck open). Hoping to purchase an 001 from Jeff's next run.

Exactly what code are you getting?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:46 pm 
LOST Member

flash7210 wrote:

It seems to me to be different codes at different times. I can't remember exactly at the moment, but next time I run a check I'll have Torque e-mail me the list. I think I have too many variables at the moment to diagnose anything with certainty.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Well, another new one on CRD#2, decided to pull the file to see if I could get a nice premade tune.

Apparently my software version is:

And apparently ECMTi does not have a driver for it. Oh well gonna be real work to figure it out again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:29 pm 
LOST Member

Sir Sam wrote:
Well, another new one on CRD#2, decided to pull the file to see if I could get a nice premade tune.

Apparently my software version is:

And apparently ECMTi does not have a driver for it. Oh well gonna be real work to figure it out again.

You're in luck, Sir Sam... my 035 works with the 808's. Should be the same maps as an 808 file. You should be able to either just use the 808's (at least I could), or at least use the 808 as examples to remap your stock file. No matter what, back up your stock file first!

Last edited by kidjedi on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:49 am 
LOST Junkie

can you post the original file ? just for curiosity , I want to see the diffrence in the 808 , thanks

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:21 am 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
can you post the original file ? just for curiosity , I want to see the diffrence in the 808 , thanks

http://colorado4wheel.com/images/libby/ ... 380808.Bin

Very similar to the 808. If I get some free time I will try and work out an EGR delete for it. I need to look back through the modified 808 files so I can see what is what.

If I can get past that I'll look at the performance 808 versions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:37 pm 
LOST Member

Sir Sam wrote:

Very similar to the 808. If I get some free time I will try and work out an EGR delete for it. I need to look back through the modified 808 files so I can see what is what.

FWIW, Yeti's 808 stock EGR/FCV delete worked for me with my 035 stock file. I used the "mild tune" for a while but was getting enough TC shudder that I switched back to stock until I can upgrade my TC.

Last edited by kidjedi on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:49 pm 
LOST Member

flash7210 wrote:

Turns out all the codes were glow plug related (I've either got a bad harness, a bad GP relay, or ALL my glow plugs are bad). :| Makes sense considering the cold start issues with this vehicle.

Just wanted to update to verify that none of the codes were related to running the 808 on my 035 vehicle.

Last edited by kidjedi on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:57 pm 

kidjedi wrote:
flash7210 wrote:

Turns out all the codes were glow plug related (I've either got a bad harness, a bad GP relay, or ALL my glow plugs are bad). :| Makes sense considering the cold start issues with this vehicle.
Just wanted to update to verify that none of the codes were related to running the 808 on my 035/516 vehicle.

If you still got the ceramic GP's, you need to change them out ASAP; guess you have already read about how they can break off and do all kinds of real bad damage to the top end of the engine!!!! Some have done some serious damage to both the top end along with destroying a piston and / or piston liner!!! :grim:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:17 pm 
LOST Addict

Sir Sam wrote:
Yeti wrote:

http://colorado4wheel.com/images/libby/ ... 380808.Bin

So I went through and edited my file according to what yeti did for the 808 stock/EGR/FCV delete, however I can into one map that is flatlined to 15000, but when I use the hexeditor form ECMTi I cannot enter in the exact value of 15000. Trying to type in decimal doesn't seem to get it input correct, and typing in hex seems to truncate the value since I can only see 2 characters of the value.

I also for the life of me cannot figure out how to manually type in a value from the 2d graph screen.

The existing driver that has one of the 3d maps set allows me to modify the EGR table(called phase of injection) to 15500, however since I cannot adjust the driver to add the map i need to modify I seem stuck with ECMTi.

I'm also having a hard time translating the hex address from ECMTi to other hex editors.

Update.

Gave up on ECMTi for updating that last table from 0e2962 to 0e2aa0. I used a generic hex editor and set the values there. I realized some of my confusion came from loading a hex file and it defaulting to 8 bit when viewing the 2D tables.

Got the 035 file updated for EGR/FCV delete based on Yetis 808 EGR/FCV Delete.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:57 pm 
LOST Addict

I have been wondering where the VIN, Mileage, PIN code(for SKIM/Immobilizer), and Injector codes are stored.

Why is it that these don't get overwritten by the MPPS cable when we load a hex file?

I have a DRBIII and a spare 2005 ECU. I am going to make a video showing how to reprogram the ECU for my 05. During the process I want to compare the hex files. Currently my spare ecu is programmed for my 06 - and I can read the mileage, VIN, PIN, and injector codes prior to reprogramming with the DRBIII.

Then I will program it to match my 05, with the VIN, PIN, and INJECTOR codes.

My thinking is that then I will do a comparison between the two hex files pulled with MPPS. It will be the same ECU, with the same "Maps" but the only thing that should change is the VIN, PIN, and Injector codes. Hopefully the comparison should show where or if these are stored in our hex files.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 93  Next