It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well I have applied the Yeti 808 FCV Erase mild tune 450nm, ran the car for a bit and ... I cant say I feel much. I erased my FCV codes from the computer and then started it again and they didn't come up ( only ran it for a short period of time).

I have tried to follow the descriptions of the tunes but im not sure how to understand them. Mostly what I gather is that they are for performance ... I was looking for a FCV erase as I have the EGR replacement Elbow from sasquatch and MPG mostly.

I uploaded my stock 808 Kline-CAN map, if anyone wants to take a stab at it :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7wc6fxmu0fru ... 6.Bin?dl=0

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

AndrewCRD wrote:
Well I have applied the Yeti 808 FCV Erase mild tune 450nm, ran the car for a bit and ... I cant say I feel much. I erased my FCV codes from the computer and then started it again and they didn't come up ( only ran it for a short period of time).

I have tried to follow the descriptions of the tunes but im not sure how to understand them. Mostly what I gather is that they are for performance ... I was looking for a FCV erase as I have the EGR replacement Elbow from sasquatch and MPG mostly.

I uploaded my stock 808 Kline-CAN map, if anyone wants to take a stab at it :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7wc6fxmu0fru ... 6.Bin?dl=0

Did you use Yeti's 808 ECU/FCV/DTC code delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm or Yeti's 808 ECU/FCV delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

I used the one without the DTC, i can confirm it fixed my FCV trouble codes. Those arent coming up anymore, i am getting a P1140 code ... which i dont know what it is.

But as an update, i want to retract my previous comment on power. This thing has a$$loads of power now ... in fact maybe too much. Also, i am now getting the ever popular shudder when i hit the gas.

At this point i guess i cannot make any comments on fuel economy but i will come back and post an update after about 2 tanks.

Is there a purely MPG map ? i would like to try that and see how much i can squeeze out of this.

Also, is it possible to do a tranny tune with this method ? I would like to get lower shiftpoints on those gears ... especially now with a$$loads of power behind them.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:49 pm 
LOST Junkie

sorry but the shift point is in the tcm , in the ecu you can find a torque limiter for every gear and the TC limiter band ....increase the torque when in lock-up mode , BTW do no touch this map if you do not change the TC with one upgraded , the mild tune is conservative for best mpg , but gain in fuel economy is a difficult mixture of more ingredient , I have flash my ecu 100....no.....200 time and test every change to find the best result , and what I have found with a stock KJ for gain in economy is :

EGR delete
FCV disable
an 8% plus in fuel ........no matter in what manner you do it , but I'll prefer a 4% in injector open time and 4% of fuel rail pressure
increase the proper limiter ..torque on transmission , fuel quantity in a engine limiter etcc
a 100 point in turbo pressure like 0.10 bar and his limiter ..after the map
a little bit of over boost time
over this mod is for fun and power

ps the drive by wire map are also important is the map that call the torque in base at the position of gas pedal

there is other map like a MAF map that regulate the injection and a MAP ....map that regulate quantity of fuel in base of the atmospheric pressure

good fun

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:26 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello my friends,
I have a jeep grand cherokee 3.0 crd 2007 - european version. I am new to tuning. I've tried to look at the files attached and none of them look like my ecu.
I would like to delete egr at begining and then to learn what else I can do with my "toy". Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

the orginal ecu:
http://www.easyget.ro/jeep.rar
Thank you,

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

sorry I can't help you , is really different

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks Yeti, that is a great map. Its been good so far, im trying to see what i can squeeze out of it mileage wise so far. I dont doubt the power anymore :)

I am getting an error code still, from what ive been reading its got something to do with the FCV. I actually used the sasquatch elbow and removed the FCV entirely. The code is P1140, at this point im not quite sure if i should try and remove the code or if its an actual problem that i need to look into.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

AndrewCRD wrote:
Thanks Yeti, that is a great map. Its been good so far, im trying to see what i can squeeze out of it mileage wise so far. I dont doubt the power anymore :)

I am getting an error code still, from what ive been reading its got something to do with the FCV. I actually used the sasquatch elbow and removed the FCV entirely. The code is P1140, at this point im not quite sure if i should try and remove the code or if its an actual problem that i need to look into.

The P1140 in your situation would most likely be from a FCV open circuit. If you plugged the FCV back in the code should go away.

Post subject: Re: DTC Disable (with P0102 ORM example)
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

Squeeto wrote:
Squeeto wrote:
HrastProgrammer wrote:
Based on some sparse info about EDC16 error handling I have examined CRD ECU map file and located the necessary locations for disabling various error codes.

Great work!
This could be used to fix the "Weeks elbow"/"DTC code delete" issue then?

Sure enough!
808_DTC.txt shows P1140 at E4945, exactly correct.

Okay, now we have a fix for the other tunes.
Thank you HrastProgrammer.

According to this information, if you want to remove the DTC P1140 error for someone who removes his/her FCV, you need to set the value to zero at this location:
ecu - hex address
513 - E4945
516 - E4945
526 - E4945
808 - E4945
809 - E433C
811 - E433C
812 - E4945

I was hoping Yeti or HrastProgrammer might be able to help me with this. I have a 516 ecu. I don't have access to a working copy of Winols, to change the hex address value at E4945 to 0 to get rid of the DTC P1140 error. I was able to find it with Winols demo version, but it will not let me save changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:43 am 
LOST Member

Rotor wrote:
Squeeto wrote:
Squeeto wrote:
[quote="HrastProgrammer"
I was hoping Yeti or HrastProgrammer might be able to help me with this. I have a 516 ecu. I don't have access to a working copy of Winols, to change the hex address value at E4945 to 0 to get rid of the DTC P1140 error. I was able to find it with Winols demo version, but it will not let me save changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May be I am naive but editing hex file can be done with any hex editor. Please correct me if I am wrong. Here is one free hex editor: http://frhed.sourceforge.net/en/

2nd gen fuel head with 2nd stage 2 micron filter, in-tank lift pump, G2 Rear Diff Cover

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

pjigar wrote:
May be I am naive but editing hex file can be done with any hex editor. Please correct me if I am wrong. Here is one free hex editor: http://frhed.sourceforge.net/en/

Thank you for the response. You where absolutely right, I was able to open up my .BIN with Frhed. I was also able to find the E4945 hex address and change the value to 0. It did get rid of the DTC P1140 code.

Unfortunately my code scanner is acting up and and I can't clear codes. I'm now getting a P1263. I have to do some more testing to see if my glow plugs need replacing or if it was caused by the change to the .BIN.

Thank you for all the great information!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

you can't only change the value , but you MUST correct the checksum when you do a one bit change , and only the tune software can do it , try to search ECM4FREE , this software can do the checksum calculation when you change every bit in the map

DO NOT LOAD a tune present in the forum if you have do a change without a new checksum calculation , you can destroy the ECU

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:27 pm 
LOST Junkie

AndrewCRD wrote:

you must remove the code in the ECU

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks to all for this invaluable resource. I have owned my kj crd since October and always had a cel on. I had a few codes, including gp#3 and turbo under boost p1265 and p0299, respectively. I did some searching and read Sir Sam's noob guide ( big Thx to you, sir) and was ablebto replace 4 glow plugs and my CAC hoses. Now I still get p0401 egr fault. My question is, to rid the cel, can I just do the tune + egr+fcv delete? Or, do I still need to do segr. I do not have an upgraded tc or f37 and have 7v gp

110000 miles and counting (hopefully!)

Last edited by psCRD on Wed May 13, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:36 am 
LOST Newbie

I just realized i walked in a great conversation with my post :)

i red back a few pages for the DTC removal post by hrast and that is great info. However I get the how part to remove the DTC, i was thinking more same lines of editing the location with a hex editor.

Yeti seems to suggest this not be a good idea without calculating checksum ... i dont have any software to do that, also i dont quite understand that process.

My followup question is, i see there is a map for mild tune FCV/DTC removal 450nm does this map remove the p1140 code ? or are there other DTC's it takes out. My initial fear of installing this tune was that i still want other DTC's just not the FCV/EGR related ones.

Thank you,

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:43 pm 
LOST Junkie

the checksum is a map that close the entry software of the ecu , when you do a change in the software this map need to be adapted for the new value , and this job is do from the tuning software ....sorry I can't explain well ........if the checksum is not corrected , the risk is the ecu do not respond after the new flash and your ECU become :dead:

look in the tune you are interested at the address signed by HrastProgrammer of proper software and look if there is a change from the original , if not there is no code delete

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:56 am 
LOST Newbie

Ok, so interesting thing about checksum.

I picked the 2.8 K-Line/CAN which does NOT give you the checksum option, it says the program calculates checksum for you !!!

The other thing i realized ... much like an idiot ... i was trying to edit the downloaded map for the DTC disable. I guess it wont work if the map hasnt been in my ecu to set that DTC on.

I downloaded my map with the DTC set and i am going to look at it. However for the actual programming i just used Yeti's mild tune with DTC delete and p000f its gone.

Andrei

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

AndrewCRD wrote:
Ok, so interesting thing about checksum.

I picked the 2.8 K-Line/CAN which does NOT give you the checksum option, it says the program calculates checksum for you !!!

The other thing i realized ... much like an idiot ... i was trying to edit the downloaded map for the DTC disable. I guess it wont work if the map hasnt been in my ecu to set that DTC on.

I downloaded my map with the DTC set and i am going to look at it. However for the actual programming i just used Yeti's mild tune with DTC delete and p000f its gone.

Andrei

ok the mpps software can adjust the checksum , and is ok , but ......sorry what code is gone ? P000F ?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Oh no :) sorry i just ment poof like magic poof but wrote it like the cool kids with 0's instead of O's :)

It got rid of my P1140 code, that was the last of the FCV removal codes. Now i am waiting for June to go get my emissions tested and see if itll pass without the EGR/FCV.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:45 pm 
LOST Junkie

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: ok ok

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 93  Next