It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:20 am 
LOST Newbie

I did a scan and got the following number 1037512032P_399430. What tune goes with this?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:21 am 
LOST Newbie

I did a scan and got the following number 1037512032P_399430. What tune goes with this?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:51 pm 

RCS wrote:

Looks like you have a 032 software version. Don't see one listed for that number. :( :shock:
You can contact Yeti on this forum by PM ing him and he can build you whatever level of tune you want. :wink:
He is a great guy and most helpful. He just modified my Stage IV Hot tune for me a few days ago to get rid of an unwanted DTC!

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
RCS wrote:

Looks like you have a 032 software version. Don't see one listed for that number. :( :shock:
You can contact Yeti on this forum by PM ing him and he can build you whatever level of tune you want. :wink:
He is a great guy and most helpful. He just modified my Stage IV Hot tune for me a few days ago to get rid of an unwanted DTC!

Got in touch with him, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

Of course I would have the only ECM not listed in the DIY tunes thus requiring the purchase of a custom tune.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:32 pm 

RCS wrote:
Of course I would have the only ECM not listed in the DIY tunes thus requiring the purchase of a custom tune.

Trust me, you are not the only one to find that out, there are several versions of ECM software that Jeep used that owners have discovered that are not listed on the first page. :( :cry:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
RCS wrote:

Trust me, you are not the only one to find that out, there are several versions of ECM software that Jeep used that owners have discovered that are not listed on the first page. :( :cry:

And to think I thought I was special

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

I have more than 30 original file in my database :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

I got a tune for mine from Yeti. I can read and save files with no apparent issue. I have a machine with W10 32 bit on it and since Get It Garage used W10 without issue I thought I would give it a try. Nada. It would read but not write. I have a 120gb SSD I picked up recently for $16.00. It was a clean drive with nothing on it. I put W7 Ultimate on it in a 32 bit version. Got the drives installed. Set the program up to run in XP v3 compatibility mode. It will read but not write. I tried running as an administrator. It will read but not write. It starts at "Controlling ECU setup now: please wait!!!" 0% I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened.

Any other suggestions? Is this maybe a cable issue?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:48 pm 

My old XP laptop died for some unknown reason (blue screen of death) so I was forced to go to my newer Windows 10 laptop to flash the latest update Yeti (Marco) did for me.
Many problems trying to get the older MPPS v13 software I had on file after installing to run on the W10 laptop. I tried everything, running as administrator and manually installing drivers to no avail. I was just about to give up, so I removed the older version software and downloaded the software and drivers from this site:
http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/supp ... e-download

then I manually installed the drivers, set it to run as administrator, plugged in the MPPS cable and launched the software and finely it worked. :shock: :shock: :BANANA:
Connected a charger to the Jeep and the W10 laptop, did a read and saved the current version ECM software and then I did a "write" to the ECM using the newer Yeti modified file.
And voilà it worked and I was very much relieved when the Jeep started up after the reflash. I hope this is the last one I ever have to do!
Now hopefully no more P0101 DTC's in very hot weather when letting off the go pedal after accelerating every once in a while. :D
This coupled with the newly modified TCM with lower shift points should make this Jeep a better vehicle!

Bottom line, W10 sucks when trying to run tuner software!!! :banghead: :furious:
But with much determination and purposefulness it is possible on W10.....

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
My old XP laptop died for some unknown reason (blue screen of death) so I was forced to go to my newer Windows 10 laptop to flash the latest update Yeti (Marco) did for me.
Many problems trying to get the older MPPS v13 software I had on file after installing to run on the W10 laptop. I tried everything, running as administrator and manually installing drivers to no avail. I was just about to give up, so I removed the older version software and downloaded the software and drivers from this site:
http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/supp ... e-download

then I manually installed the drivers, set it to run as administrator, plugged in the MPPS cable and launched the software and finely it worked. :shock: :shock: :BANANA:
Connected a charger to the Jeep and the W10 laptop, did a read and saved the current version ECM software and then I did a "write" to the ECM using the newer Yeti modified file.
And voilà it worked and I was very much relieved when the Jeep started up after the reflash. I hope this is the last one I ever have to do!
Now hopefully no more P0101 DTC's in very hot weather when letting off the go pedal after accelerating every once in a while. :D
This coupled with the newly modified TCM with lower shift points should make this Jeep a better vehicle!

Bottom line, W10 sucks when trying to run tuner software!!! :banghead: :furious:
But with much determination and purposefulness it is possible on W10.....

Right now I have it on a HD with nothing but W7 on it. I have an old Dell with XP but can't find the power cord. I do have a copy of XP I might try to put on an old HD and see if I can get it to work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:49 am 

RCS wrote:
Right now I have it on a HD with nothing but W7 on it. I have an old Dell with XP but can't find the power cord. I do have a copy of XP I might try to put on an old HD and see if I can get it to work.

If it will run on W10, it will run on W7. Just be sure and right click on the MPPS.exe file and "Run as Administrator" when launching program.
As for installing the software & drivers, download them at:> http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/file ... ble_-_(AMT)_Device_Driver--.zip
The instructions are laid out pretty good on that site.

Also you can watch a good YouTube video by Git it Garage that covers installing the software and drivers and then running it to reflash the ECM.
Note: Be sure you have the MPPS cable connected to your computer via the USB port before you launch the software as administrator. If you don't it will only give you an error message.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:50 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
RCS wrote:

If it will run on W10, it will run on W7. Just be sure and right click on the MPPS.exe file and "Run as Administrator" when launching program.
As for installing the software & drivers, download them at:> http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/file ... ble_-_(AMT)_Device_Driver--.zip
The instructions are laid out pretty good on that site.

Also you can watch a good YouTube video by Git it Garage that covers installing the software and drivers and then running it to reflash the ECM.
Note: Be sure you have the MPPS cable connected to your computer via the USB port before you launch the software as administrator. If you don't it will only give you an error message.

I did all that already. I am not getting an error message. It just is not staring to load. I just sits there and does nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeti -

Yeti wrote:

install the v13 software

I have tried every version of the MPPS I can find (I have the CD that came with the cable and went to totalcardiagnostics website for a version). I'm running a virtual machine of both windows XP (SP2) and windows 7 and all experience the same problem. I've tried compatibility mode in windows 10 and don't have a problem getting the program to run once I have the cable plugged in. I can read a voltage from the car through the OBDII in the program, I just can't communicate with the ECU.

Any other advice?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:30 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
I'm pretty sure I have one or two dell power cords for your generation of machine. If you are interested I can dig them out to be certain and would only want cost of shipping and to know that I would need at least the zip code.

Let me know if you are interested.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:16 pm 
LOST Junkie

another problem can come if you rename the tuned file

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

It was recommended that I talk to Yeti about my tune, so I did.

All I can say is If you have any issues with tuning he is the person to work with. It was an absolute pleasure working with him. Thanks for all your help.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:18 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
^X10^

Also, Yeti's custom commercial tunes are worth every penny.

my laptop runs with W10, and handles the tunes without a hitch. Takes about 5 minutes to swap them, but I think the limiting factor is in the vehicle communication not the computer.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:36 pm 

RCS wrote:
All I can say is If you have any issues with tuning he is the person to work with. It was an absolute pleasure working with him. Thanks for all your help.

X10,
Two days of driving around town now in 100 deg. F weather, dang it's HOT here, and not the first P0101 DTC! :pepper: :BANANA:
Thank you Yeti (Marco), you are the super turner man!

If anyone else is having the P0101 DTC problem in hot weather with their EGR system removed, let me know if you want a copy the the stage IV Hot tune for an 811 with the P0101 zeroed out (0)..
I can email you a copy.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:18 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
RCS wrote:

X10,
Two days of driving around town now in 100 deg. F weather, dang it's HOT here, and not the first P0101 DTC! :pepper: :BANANA:
Thank you Yeti (Marco), you are the super turner man!

If anyone else is having the P0101 DTC problem in hot weather with their EGR system removed, let me know if you want a copy the the stage IV Hot tune for an 811 with the P0101 zeroed out (0)..
I can email you a copy.

It was 90 here. He sent me a tune and I was blowing too much black smoke with it. I talked to him and he tweaked it for altitude since I live at 6000+ ft above sea level. No smoke. I will pass the yearly test and put the other back on it and drive around so everyone knows she is an oil burner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 93  Next