It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:10 am 
LOST Newbie

My Jeep Liberty is running Yeti Mild Tune, stage 2 weeks kit, straight 3" exhaust. Have noticed that occasionally when I really step on it and likely get high turbo boost momentarily that engine will enter some sort of protection mode. Symptom is either severely reduced turbo, or maybe none at all. Amazing how gutless a diesel without a turbo becomes :) Regardless, it is immediately remedied by a key cycle and restarting engine. Interesting no check engine light is produced when this condition occurs. Any others experience this?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:27 am 
LOST Addict

theeld wrote:
My Jeep Liberty is running Yeti Mild Tune, stage 2 weeks kit, straight 3" exhaust. Have noticed that occasionally when I really step on it and likely get high turbo boost momentarily that engine will enter some sort of protection mode. Symptom is either severely reduced turbo, or maybe none at all. Amazing how gutless a diesel without a turbo becomes :) Regardless, it is immediately remedied by a key cycle and restarting engine. Interesting no check engine light is produced when this condition occurs. Any others experience this?

What you describe sounds like overboost.
Without a boost gauge, its hard to know exactly whats going on.
I've ran the Yeti 811 stage 2 and 4 tunes and never encountered a overboost condition.
Occasionally I've gotten underboost but that doesn't cause any kind of limp mode.

I would first check all the vacuum lines and solenoids for the turbo control.
Also check the MAP sensor.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you drive too long with overboost, it will set a code.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:42 am 

What you describe sounds like you are getting an "overboost" condition which throws it into "limp" mode.
As you stated, cycling key "resets" ECM back to normal.
Without a boost gauge, it is hard to determine what actual boost is going to.

The first thing I would recommend is to change the MAP sensor. It may be giving the ECM an erroneous pressure reading.
May want to also check turbo vanes and linkages and make sure nothing is sticking.

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:10 pm 
LOST Junkie

for overboost I suggest the solenoid that act the vgt vane

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:47 pm 

Yeti wrote:
for overboost I suggest the solenoid that act the vgt vane

That's another good item to check!

Part Number: 52109543AA :google:
https://www.idparts.com/turbocharger-va ... -3210.html

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:09 am 
LOST Member

Not to steal this discussion but my CRD keep getting a P0234 code for over boost. It does not go into limp mode. I clear the code but it comes back very soon after clearing. I replaced the MAP sensor 3 or 4 months ago. I replaced the boost solenoid probably 3 yrs ago for a P0299 under boost condition. Can this solenoid likely cause an over boost condition when it uses vacuum to create the movement of the variable turbo rod to adjust vane movement? I would expect only failure as under boost.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:33 am 

joelukex4 wrote:
Not to steal this discussion but my CRD keep getting a P0234 code for over boost. It does not go into limp mode. I clear the code but it comes back very soon after clearing. I replaced the MAP sensor 3 or 4 months ago. I replaced the boost solenoid probably 3 yrs ago for a P0299 under boost condition. Can this solenoid likely cause an over boost condition when it uses vacuum to create the movement of the variable turbo rod to adjust vane movement? I would expect only failure as under boost.

When did it start happening? Was it right after you replaced the MAP sensor? Maybe you got a bad one?
Boost is controlled by input from many sensors to the ECM which in turn sends a signal to the Turbocharger Vacuum Modulator which controls vane position on the turbo. (amount of boost)

The boost solenoid is simply an on/off electronic valve, it has no modulation function. It simply bottles up the vacuum in the vacuum reservoir when you shut the engine off. It opens when you start the engine.

I would suggest replacing the MAP sensor first to see if that cures the problem. :juggle:

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:47 pm 
LOST Member

Probably a good place to start. It definitely happened after changing the map sensor but I don't remember the timeline. Could be a week, could be a month or more.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Noob here...have a 2006 Liberty Limited CRD (Canada Version) and trying to read the ECU following all the steps in this thread. When I connect and hit "Read ECU" MPPS will ID the ECU and spit out the details in the upper RH panel then quickly flashes "switching to high speed" and immediately comes back with an error code and "no reply from ECU" across the bottom. I have tried running MPPS in VM XP as well as administrator in Windows 7 compatibility mode under Windows 10, but keep getting the same results. I tried reloading MPPS V13 twice but no dice. Anyone have suggestions or ideas what might be causing the problem?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:30 am 
LOST Junkie

gbarron wrote:
Noob here...have a 2006 Liberty Limited CRD (Canada Version) and trying to read the ECU following all the steps in this thread. When I connect and hit "Read ECU" MPPS will ID the ECU and spit out the details in the upper RH panel then quickly flashes "switching to high speed" and immediately comes back with an error code and "no reply from ECU" across the bottom. I have tried running MPPS in VM XP as well as administrator in Windows 7 compatibility mode under Windows 10, but keep getting the same results. I tried reloading MPPS V13 twice but no dice. Anyone have suggestions or ideas what might be causing the problem?

you have write what ? I hope a file like your original

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:16 am 
LOST Newbie

I have not written anything yet...just trying to read the current program in the ECU. To my knowledge the software in the ECU has never been re-flashed from factory, but I did buy the Jeep used so it is hard to say with certainty.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:33 am 
LOST Junkie

I think is win10 problem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
I think is win10 problem

I have tried running it in Windows XP Virtual Machine as well with the same problem. Are you suggesting I find a laptop running XP or Windows 7 and try it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:57 pm 
LOST Member

gbarron wrote:
Yeti wrote:
I think is win10 problem

I have tried running it in Windows XP Virtual Machine as well with the same problem. Are you suggesting I find a laptop running XP or Windows 7 and try it?

I've had no problems running from a Mac Laptop using an XP virtual machine FYI. I mean heck that even has to masquerade the serial ports.

10/17 96K, New Head, Injectors, ARP Studs, HDS T-Stat
04/18 99K, New Reman Trans
09/18 104K, Lift Pump
01/19 106K, OME Lift, Eaton TruTrac LSD in new rebuilt diff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

vwroad87 wrote:
gbarron wrote:
Yeti wrote:
I think is win10 problem

I've had no problems running from a Mac Laptop using an XP virtual machine FYI. I mean heck that even has to masquerade the serial ports.

Yeah...I see several others have run in XP VM as well without any problems. Not sure what is going on...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:55 pm 
LOST Member

I think your tool has issues, when it switches to high speed does it cause the abs and traction control lights to come on and give you the ding? I've used mpps on xp, windows 7 and windows 10. The only issue I had was when I used the USB 3.0 blue port on my laptops. It wouldn't write that way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Added Sir Sam's 603 EGR/FCV/P0610 delete - stock tune to the first page.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

Dez wrote:
I think your tool has issues, when it switches to high speed does it cause the abs and traction control lights to come on and give you the ding? I've used mpps on xp, windows 7 and windows 10. The only issue I had was when I used the USB 3.0 blue port on my laptops. It wouldn't write that way.

When you say tool do you mean the cable? I will have to try again to see if the ABS/TC lights come on with a ding when it happens.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:00 pm 
LOST Member

gbarron wrote:
Dez wrote:

When you say tool do you mean the cable? I will have to try again to see if the ABS/TC lights come on with a ding when it happens.

Yes the cable

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey,

Has anyone done a mild tune for a 526?
I have Greybeast's 526 EGR/FCV delete - stock but am looking for a bit more and was hoping for bit more then stock.
Also having the P0403 and P1140 error delete would be good.
Thanks
David

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 93  Next