It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:50 pm 
LOST Addict

I feel like I'm missing something here.

I find my way to my hex address, change the value to 0, I close the hex editor and do "save and exit". I can then save as a .mod file, which appears just to be the binary.

However when I try to open the mod file ECMTi isn't able to find a driver to use with it. Does this mean its still a good file that I can flash? I opened one of yeti files posted on the first page and it does not find the ECU driver either. Is this normal?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:52 am 
LOST Junkie

yes is normal , the driver in the software recognizes only the original file reading the checksum , to be sure , open the original file in ECM T... and in mod selection , open the file you have do with HEX editor , than open in 2D mode and close , if always is ok the software do not ask if you want to save the change , if ask , accept and save , and save the new file from the software where you want , this operation ensure the checksum is corrected , after that open in 2D and clik the tab for the next difference the tab have an arrow colored in black blue and red that point in FWD , if always is ok you arrive at the end of the map and find a stright line with a graph modificated at the end , axample you cut 17 point in the dtc table ? than you have 17 point less in the checksum graph

and if the checksum is ok you have a green square in "There are changes in memory to save" otherwise is red

hope this help

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:01 am 
LOST Addict

I was able to load the updated file to my ECU. However I still have my 0610 error code always set.

I used the 811 DTC file for reference. In there I see P0610 as:

Quote:
[046] ----- ----- P0610 P0610: E4299=17

So I find my way to hex address e4299 in my stock bin file:

And it is set to 17 in decimal. I change to zero, save as a mod, and upload but my 0610 is still always set.

Maybe I don't have the right mapping for my version?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:16 am 
LOST Junkie

Sir Sam wrote:
I was able to load the updated file to my ECU. However I still have my 0610 error code always set.

Quote:

And it is set to 17 in decimal. I change to zero, save as a mod, and upload but my 0610 is still always set.

Try at E42E1. The other occurrence of 0610 from the file.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Squeeto wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:

Quote:

Try at E42E1. The other occurrence of 0610 from the file.

Ah thanks, I didn't think to look for other occurrences. Set the other occurrence to 0 and that code does not show! Excellent! I've had black tape over my CEL for years because that could not be cleared.

I still have my MAF code and the glow plug code. I will work on updating my EGR map so I can plug back in the MAF.

Thanks for all the support guys, I guess its time to dive in and get really dirty with the maps!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:10 pm 
LOST Junkie

great job :wink: and thanks Squeeto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:40 pm 
LOST Addict

First, the "driver" file for my 603 doesn't map out the EGR hex address's for the map, opening my 603 using the 811 driver it looks like the EGR maps are identical. So in theory the hex address for my 603 EGR map is the same as the 811, and I can edit my 603 driver to show that as well.

Next I look at nick and yeti EGR deletes on the 811 files. On Yetis files I see the EGR map is flat lined at ~15500 across the map. When I look at Nicks files the EGR map is unchanged. Is nick doing the EGR delete differently than Yeti?

Again thanks for all the help guys. I've done some diesel tuning for power and fuel consumption before, but that was on a JD 4045 engine with access to the developers tools that had everything easily mapped out for you. This is a little harder to decode what is what on the hex file.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

the 15500 value is the map for the FCV.......do not trust in the definition ,the value you see is g/s , you must look at the two hump that start at 0E1F1C , look at mine 811 and see what have do with this two hump .

a littel bit secret , first of every map , you see two "break point" this break point is the axis for the map , x the first Y the second and early a value for the bit

example , if you go at the rail pressure , at this address 0FB5A0 , you see two "tips" early the rail map , this tips are :
rpm x mm3 of fuel and the z axis is the rail pressure
two bit early , you can see .........always.........a number like 16 and 16......is a 16x16 map , this instruction is for the ecu for doing the right job for help in the logic of the ecu , think like an ecu , example

you push the gas pedal ...... you have rpm x voltage and result is Nm ......ok the ecu need to know how many mm3 need for this torque at this rpm .....then go in the Iq map .....find the value .....that is adjusted on other map that manage the map sensor and rpm and then ,after she have the right quantity , go in the rail pressure map find at right rpm and quantity needed , the right pressure and go in the injector map for opening time , this map have rail pressure and quantity for the axis and then she know how many time the injector stay open and go in the timing advance for know when they open

that its operation in roughly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
the 15500 value is the map for the FCV.......do not trust in the definition ,the value you see is g/s , you must look at the two hump that start at 0E1F1C , look at mine 811 and see what have do with this two hump .

a littel bit secret , first of every map , you see two "break point" this break point is the axis for the map , x the first Y the second and early a value for the bit

example , if you go at the rail pressure , at this address 0FB5A0 , you see two "tips" early the rail map , this tips are :
rpm x mm3 of fuel and the z axis is the rail pressure
two bit early , you can see .........always.........a number like 16 and 16......is a 16x16 map , this instruction is for the ecu for doing the right job for help in the logic of the ecu , think like an ecu , example

you push the gas pedal ...... you have rpm x voltage and result is Nm ......ok the ecu need to know how many mm3 need for this torque at this rpm .....then go in the Iq map .....find the value .....that is adjusted on other map that manage the map sensor and rpm and then ,after she have the right quantity , go in the rail pressure map find at right rpm and quantity needed , the right pressure and go in the injector map for opening time , this map have rail pressure and quantity for the axis and then she know how many time the injector stay open and go in the timing advance for know when they open

that its operation in roughly

Yes I see the axis, winols does a decent job at finding the maps, I'm just not sure which are which. I'm just trying to wrap my head around which maps are what.

If I can start to ID maps and edit the driver in ECM ti(or figure out how to use win ols better) I can start messing with this. Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I would like.

I've done a fair bit of mapping/calibration work, but that was with the benefit of a lab and a dyno. Hopefully I can take some of those lessons and apply them here.

JD 4045 engine:

Back to the files to start doing some comparisons to figure out what maps are what.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:04 am 
LOST Junkie

wooowww , yes winols is the best , but need more experience , in ECM you can not modify the driver , is not an original sw , for what I know 43 point is one degree in the timing map , but I do not touch this map happily
if you scroll the map starting from the gas pedal or "driver wish" you find after that , torque requested at cold engine , torque requsted in standard condition ........I think is closed loop and open loop .
FCV map , the two hump for the EGR Hysteresis and the map from the egr .......is two
torque limiter ....but is mm3
torque limiter for the Torque converter
correction of fuel quantity Rpm x map ...I think .is similar at teeth of saw
quantity injected request ...is similar at teeth of saw
gear limiter 7 map
injection advance 6 map
injection energizing time 12 map
overboost 3map
turbo
Turbo limiter
turbo limiter/ temperature .......do not touch it ....ECm call it injection .........wrong
there is another limiter at 2250 after that , is kpa limiter
torque limiter .but it's limit the presure in the intake manifold ......like a pop off or wastegate.working on the egr
rail pressure limiter
rail pressure threshold
rail pressure threshold / temp...I think is related when the fuel temp go high .....do not touch it

if you need the right address let me know , we have the most important map for make it fly ....or destroy it :BANANA:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:04 am 
LOST Member

I flashed "Yeti's 808 EGR/FCV/DTC code delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm" but I still get DTC for EGR delete, P0403. I tried to clear DTC but it stays. I had P0403 set before I did Yeti's flash. What did I miss? Is there any proper sequence for flashing, clearing, etc.?

2nd gen fuel head with 2nd stage 2 micron filter, in-tank lift pump, G2 Rear Diff Cover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:56 am 
LOST Junkie

in my tune , I've only cleared the P1140 for the fcv , normally the P0403 is not set , but is still set if you have an open circuit , like you unplug the EGR

go at this address , E48A5 in 8 bit , and set to zero the original value that is set at 17

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:02 pm 
LOST Member

Yeti wrote:
go at this address , E48A5 in 8 bit , and set to zero the original value that is set at 17

That did the trick. Thanks.

2nd gen fuel head with 2nd stage 2 micron filter, in-tank lift pump, G2 Rear Diff Cover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

ok ;-) you have deleted the P0403

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just got my cable and my Weeks Stage one is on the way.

It looks like my software is 1037374527.
I saw only one other post from December 9,2014 by RockyMountainYote with a 527.
Would I use the ECM Titanium Driver C475_527 for this vehicle?
I am really just looking for an EGR and FCV delete.

Here is my Bin file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wujtfnbo3y4ut ... 6.Bin?dl=0

Any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:29 am 
LOST Junkie

Hi , try with jxxx_809 or cxxx_811

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Is there a way to change the tune files to allow a higher boost level from the turbo?
Or maybe allow full boost to come in sooner?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:48 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
Hi , try with jxxx_809 or cxxx_811

Yeti,

You seem to have the most knowledge of what is happen inside of the tunes so I was hoping you could help me look at something. I am now living at about 2000m above sea level and have noticed that my MAP is reporting a vacuum in the manifold where I used to see 2-3 PSI positive pressure. Do you know if the VNT in the turbo sits open at idle or is it set into a position to promote boost? Could the Boost Map be altered to request more boost when sitting at idle and in drive so that positive pressure can be achieve to try and reduce the turbo lag I have been experiencing?

You can see in this picture, which is a log of a full throttle acceleration I took that even when the jeep is stopped and my foot off the gas, its sitting around 30-40% load as requested by the ECU.

If you alter the Boost Map for that RPM(750) and throttle level(30-40%), will we be able to achieve more boost at idle?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:53 pm 
LOST Junkie

let me know the reading of the map at 6500ft at engine of and at idle ,with my scan tool I have read the boost control actuator is at 85% at idle , is the vnt actuator and during testing the actuator I can put it at 95% , now I have not tried to increase the turbo at idle and I do not think if we can do somthing , normally I start to modify the turbo map at 1000 rpm ....early I think we do not have much fuel , said that you must know the MAP managment in the ECU , control the open loop ........when the engine is warm the ECU adapt the injection in base of the MAP reading , changing timing ......and rail pressure ........now if what happen in your video come only when the engine is warm , I think is a rail pressur problem , I live at 1500 mt and I can read -0,1 -0,2 bar in the boost at idle , the cut in the load you have posted can be the shift moment ?

said that , if you do not have the right amount of fuel , you do not have the turbo , there is a second map in the rail pressure that suppose is for the fuel cut when the fuel is hot , but I think I'm wrong , this map work with less amount of mm3 of fuel and work with the map reading and then with the altitude

try this , read the fuel pressure at cold engine ..........after night , you can read for the first minute 330 bar....is the closed loop .......then with the time the pressure drop at 280 bar ............is the open loop

I'm fight with this because I want more pressure at idle for smoth run and preserve the glowplug

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

radman01 wrote:
I just got my cable and my Weeks Stage one is on the way.

It looks like my software is 1037374527.
I saw only one other post from December 9,2014 by RockyMountainYote with a 527.
Would I use the ECM Titanium Driver C475_527 for this vehicle?
I am really just looking for an EGR and FCV delete.

Here is my Bin file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wujtfnbo3y4ut ... 6.Bin?dl=0

Any help is appreciated.

My Titanium has driver C475_527 but doesn't automatically find this for your bin file.
Not sure if this is the correct driver.

What year is your Jeep and where do you live?

I may need to update my Titanium!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 93  Next