It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Need tune code for 516 ecu (egr delete )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello everyone,

I'm still having a hard time getting a Read on my ECU through MPPS. I've searched LostJeeps and the internet in general and read countless forum posts, but I can't find any info pertaining to this particular problem. Keep getting "no reply from ecu" message after trying to Read. I'd really like to flash the ECU because I have removed the FCV, cooler and a bunch of other stuff so....

I've been at it off and on for about 6 months when I feel inspired to try something slightly different, but just can't get a response from the ecu. Yeti gave me some pointers and MPPS software (download/install MPPS v12, then install v13.... run in W7 compatibility mode and as administrator.....thanks Yeti!) but no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Amt Flash driver and uninstalled/installed the MPPS software I don't know how many times... also tried different sequences of plugging in cable to computer, start program, plug into OBD port, turn on ignition, READ, but always get the same result: "Waking ECU please wait..." "Switching to high speed..." "No reply from ECU". Also when I exit MPPS I get this error message: "The instruction at 0x000000000000002D referenced memory at 0x000000000000002D. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program".

I'm currently running:

Windows 10
Compatibility mode W7, but have tried all other Windows modes too.
Run as administrator in program settings for all users
ECU: Bosch EDC 16C/C2-9.9
Chrysler software: 56044776BB
BOSCH ECU Version: RB Cnt-No CR3K/630C
2006 Liberty CRD

If I can get this to work I will write a post for this thread explaining what the solution was because, like I said, there doesn't seem to be any info online for this issue for MPPS.

Thanks folks!

1998 TJ 4.0L
1997 TJ 2.5L

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:46 pm 

I would try a different laptop just make sure your not dealing with a computer problem. :idea: :idea:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 pm 
LOST Member

Ditto to WW's suggestion, and ideally a PC running Win7.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Haha, you know I never thought of that. I’ll go pick up an older laptop to use as a shop computer.

Thanks guys!

1998 TJ 4.0L
1997 TJ 2.5L

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:20 am 
LOST Newbie

Alright I gave it a shot on an older Thinkpad with Windows 7. Ran as administrator, multiple times and in different sequences.... but still getting the same “no reply from ecu” message when attempting to Read. Maybe there is some nuance to downloading and running the Amt Flash driver? Or the cable was no good from the start, or the ecu is blocking MPPS somehow. Any computer programmers in the house? Haha.

This is harder than trying to program a couple key fobs when all you have is a door key.... actually in that case the ecu actually did need to be unlocked with a pw from the stealership.

1998 TJ 4.0L
1997 TJ 2.5L

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:53 pm 

Another thought. Your ECM does not already have a GTE tune installed on it does it?
If it does, it can only be removed using one of THEIR proprietary communication devices.
Their tunes are locked and cannot be downloaded using the MPPS cable.
It may be why you are getting the no communication error?
Just a left field guess!

You could always call GTE and give them your VIN and hopefully they could tell you if they ever sold one for that VIN if you are not sure.

:POPCORN:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

I never thought of that. I bought the Jeep last year and basically knew nothing about it’s history. I did notice though when installing Weeks kits that the EGR tube from the exhaust mani had been blocked off already, although the FCV was still in place. It was throwing a CEL (and has ever since I bought it), but I didn’t think much of it. I’ve never owned a vehicle that didn’t have a CEL on all the time haha.

Was also having issues recently where it randomly looses power (no boost). If I let off the throttle for 3+ seconds it would usually boost up again. Note MAF sensor is unplugged due to egr delete (assuming no tune). Yesterday I replaced the MAP sensor (cleaning wasn’t doing the trick), and bam! She runs like a top. Currently CEL is off as well which is odd given the MAF is still unplugged.

Might make sense that it has a GDE tune already..... no idea how a stock CRD is supposed to perform. Will a stock rig roast 245/75 tires leaving a red light? This one does.

1998 TJ 4.0L
1997 TJ 2.5L

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

In win 7 you must run in combat ability mode. Google run xp programs on win 7 professional. Professional only windows 7 home will not run comparability mode.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:20 pm 
LOST Member

It has been a while since I used my MPPT dongle, but what I recall is I installed the CD which came with it on my ancient Win7 Laptop. I ran the program as admin. And did not have any issues. Pretty sure that I did not run in it compatibility mode (since I don't know how to do that :wink: .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:44 am 
LOST Newbie

So I did the download I got windows 10 pro ran in compatibility mode for windows 7, ran as administrator, program loads as it should. Now the fun part when I go to read Ecu it reads 12v and says waking up ecu then I get an error saying ECU not detected.... the vehicle turns on runs and drives but comes back with the ECU not found error... anyone have a fix or idea for this thanks....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:01 am 
LOST Newbie

So I just emailed GDE no tunes but he did email this back.

That VIN has not been tuned by GDE. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do for it at this time, see below:

We are not able to reflash/install our tune at this time due to changes in EPA rules. Best to contact your state representative and ask them to reign in the EPA if you ever want the GDE tune. The EPA is using statute CAA 42 USC 7522 (a)(3) (A-B) to go after the after-market auto industry. We feel this rule should only cover large auto manufacturers, not older vehicles in the field.

Sorry for the issues. If your vehicle is registered in a different country, let us know as rules are different outside the US.

GDE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:34 am 
LOST Member

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

I finally decide to pull the trigger on the GDE tune, and the danged ol' gubberment had to go and mess everything up. Typical.

Looking at the free tunes on LOST, none of them are described as "eco" tunes and none of them seem to be designed to increase fuel economy.

Is there a free tune that is specifically designed to increase MPG?

I just bought this Jeep about 9 months ago with 55k miles on it from an old lady who had full service records from the dealership it was purchased from.

All I've done is clean the MAP (which was moderately crusted up) and unplugged the MAF.

I'm just looking for a tune that maximizes MPG and over-rides the MIL indicator for the unplugged MAF (and eventually Weeks kit)

Enhanced power and throttle response is obviously welcome, but I'm mainly concerned with maximizing fuel economy and getting rid of engine codes.

Thanks in advance for any advice. This forum is an amazing resource!

Lift Pump (model P76148M) by Carter
Updated Fuel Filter Head by Mopar
Secondary 2 Micron Filter kit by WWDiesel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:35 pm 
LOST Addict

You can read a GDE tune, I backed mine up yesterday. So if my ECU dies, I won't lose my tune. It's the VIN that's locked.
I would drop the $15 and try another cable, and if no luck, try to find a lost member close to you that has successfully loaded tunes.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:39 am 
LOST Member

I am looking for someone outside the country I can send some spare TCM’s to to get them tuned by GDE, I have 4 More I want to tune and I have one with the eco and one with the tow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:52 am 
LOST Addict

My66dodge wrote:
I am looking for someone outside the country I can send some spare TCM’s to to get them tuned by GDE, I have 4 More I want to tune and I have one with the eco and one with the tow

I tried that Avenue, but he can't touch a US registered VIN, so they'd have to change the ... and mail it back and forth...twice....

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

Post subject: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:09 pm 
LOST Member

The vin is only in the ECM, that’s why it’s not plug and play but the TCM is a slave module so no vin that’s why you can just swap them

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:10 pm 
LOST Addict

My66dodge wrote:
The vin is only in the ECM, that’s why it’s not plug and play but the TCM is a slave module so no vin that’s why you can just swap them

I am following this... I have no time right now to address this, but I know of someone locally who might be able to.

I have also invited Keith to move to Alberta with his business. We are hurting for business in this province due to our oil industry being strangled by the federal government and the tree huggers. The new Conservative government will lower taxes for businesses here to the point that they are going to be the lowest in all of North America.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:13 am 
LOST Newbie

SOLVED.........

Look at your cable if it reads usb interface it will not read I did it bought the cheap one connected it to my computer did the driver update and it would read battery voltage but nothing else, when I clicked read ecu it would say not detected... so I went on eBay looked and came across one that said “chip tuning” it was 33 bucks but I took the leap and guess what she works.... if you buy the one that has usb interface it will not work even though it did say reads and writes in the description, it did in fact do nothing.... So when purchasing the cable make sure it says “chip tuning” that was the fix for me got it all tuned.... link below

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4478048655

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 93  Next