It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 pm 
LOST Addict

JBflyer wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and to the CRD. My daughter just bought a 2005 Liberty CRD Limited. It is a beautiful vehicle and since I love my daughter I thought it would be good to dig a little deeper into the Jeep's durability. I saw this post about disabling the EGR system and thought that would be wise.

Do any of the tunes you have posted completely eliminate the EGR function and cel codes? Do I have to unplug or disconnect any wires or hoses afterward? Are any of these tunes similar to the GDE eco tune?

Also, this may need to be on a separate post, but what is the lifespan of its timing belt? How difficult is it to change?

Thanks for the help

GDE's tune is more comprehensive and well rounded. Some of the free tunes are probably more powerful than GdE ecotune. But you are comparing a free tune and a $20 cable from eBay to a $500 well researched and instrument tested tune. My opinion, if you have the money then get the GDE and know that it's a very safe, well thought out tune. If you don't have $500 then go for the free tune with the dtc deletes and some light tuning if you want some extra power.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:11 am 
LOST Newbie

Or You can speak to Yeti on this forum. He's been looking after my tune for me. Jeep does work better after that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

I currently have my daughter's Jeep apart. I'm doing the timing belt and water pump change. She had a code for a bad glow plug, so I'm changing those as well. Just ordered the Weeks kit so the EGR and FCV will be coming out as well. I bought the MPPS cable with the ver. 13.02 software. I have never used this type of software, so some pointers or instructions would be nice. I would like to put in a mild tune that gets good fuel economy on the highway. It looks like Yeti has a couple of good ones. She has the stock torque convertor, so I have to be careful.

The battery is disconnected while I do the wrench work, so I can't connect to the ECU just yet. I will in a few days though. I also noticed a lot of posts about Titanium software and WinOLS. I found a free version of WinOLS, but it will not let me look at any of the files you have posted. It says something about a checksum problem because I need to pay for the software. Where can I get one or both of these programs that will work?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

does any one have the driver for a 2005 2.8crd its a 512 cant find it in titanium or any where else for that matter (1037512035)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:23 pm 
LOST Addict

You have a 035.
Go back to page 56 for more info.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello everyone,
I have a US 2006 CRD and after reading everything here purchased the reader, read the ECU and determined I have a 516 version.
I did verifiy this with ECM titanium. Now I am still a bit confused about the proper way to mod the file. I did compare the file to a factory bin, and it compares exactly.

Does anyone have a 516 with EGR/FCV delete? I am not interested in any other modifications, as I just want the horrid EGR gone.

Any assistance here would be much appreciated. as far as I can tell, there is not one on the 1st post to download.

Thanks much
Kel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Good day, I've read everything extremely knowledgeable members have written. I've never tuneded before but quietly confident about at least the I D and reading part using Mpps. I have deleted my egr completely and being a Scotsman want to save my hard earned money while learning a thing or too. I will not attempt a tune myself .I have ordered the hardware and software to do the job. I'm very interested in this side of engine management. I'm going to mess around with titanium not to write to ecu just to learn any pointers would be appreciated. European RHD 2005 Jeep KJ 2.8 CRD NSG370 transmission.
Have a great day :JEEPIN: For some reason I can't open Dropbox to look at tunes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:54 pm 

Jackobite wrote:
Good day, I've read everything extremely knowledgeable members have written. I've never tuneded before but quietly confident about at least the I D and reading part using Mpps. I have deleted my egr completely and being a Scotsman want to save my hard earned money while learning a thing or too. I will not attempt a tune myself .I have ordered the hardware and software to do the job. I'm very interested in this side of engine management. I'm going to mess around with titanium not to write to ecu just to learn any pointers would be appreciated. European RHD 2005 Jeep KJ 2.8 CRD NSG370 transmission.
Have a great day :JEEPIN: For some reason I can't open Dropbox to look at tunes.

Once you get a MPPS cable and figure out which version software you have, see page one of this thread, then let us know and we can help from there! :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you WWdiesel, your help is very much appreciated, if there's anything I can do to help group please don't hesitate to say. Research ground work what ever more than happy too.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

I read the file from my daughter's 2005 Liberty today. It came up as 1037374531. I have not seen one posted that matches. Can someone help with a EGR/FCV delete tune? Fuel economy is her main goal right now as she only uses it to travel back and forth to work. Do I need to create an account in dropbox to upload her original?

Update..After I opened the file with Wordpad, I found out it is actually 1037380811. I will load Nick's stage 1 tune and see how that does. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:25 am 

JBflyer wrote:
I read the file from my daughter's 2005 Liberty today. It came up as 1037374531. I have not seen one posted that matches. Can someone help with a EGR/FCV delete tune? Fuel economy is her main goal right now as she only uses it to travel back and forth to work. Do I need to create an account in dropbox to upload her original?
Update..After I opened the file with Wordpad, I found out it is actually 1037380811. I will load Nick's stage 1 tune and see how that does. Thanks.

Have you removed the EGR & FCV, (Installed a Week's Kit from Sasquatch Parts)? https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/product ... berty-crd/

If not, and you load one of the 811 EGR/FCV delete tunes, you should remove the butterfly plate out of the FCV completely and install an EGR Blockoff Plate!
THe butterfly plate only has two small (T15) torx screws holding it onto the shaft. See picture below:
To remove the FCV flapper, all you have to do is remove the CAC hose off the FCV; remove just the front part of the FCV (4, 5mm allen bolts), then remove two torx screws that hold the butterfly to the pivot shaft; discard butterfly; then reattach FCV & CAC hose. Done! :wink:
For EGR Blockoff Plate, see this thread:> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=76576&hilit

(Note: Can be done without removing the FCV, but is a whole lot easier if you do!)

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

Last edited by WWDiesel on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks WWDiesel. I did remove all of the EGR and FCV parts. I needed to replace the glow plugs anyway. So far I have replaced the timing belt, tensioner and idlers, waterpump, serpentine belt and its tensioner and idlers, and glow plugs. I have removed all of the EGR and FCV parts and installed the Weeks kit (stage 1 & 2). I am considering adding a turbocharger BOV, but I'm not sure if that is necessary. I'm also not sure what pressure to set it to. I was thinking just over the programmed maximum since it is only for protection.

Post subject: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Jackobite wrote:
Thank you WWdiesel, your help is very much appreciated, if there's anything I can do to help group please don't hesitate to say. Research ground work what ever more than happy too.

If you get a chance, post up your stock file, I think a lot of people here would be interested in seeing the differences between an auto and manual transmission tune. I think there are some that would consider a transmission conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:50 pm 

JBflyer wrote:
Thanks WWDiesel. I did remove all of the EGR and FCV parts. I needed to replace the glow plugs anyway. So far I have replaced the timing belt, tensioner and idlers, waterpump, serpentine belt and its tensioner and idlers, and glow plugs. I have removed all of the EGR and FCV parts and installed the Weeks kit (stage 1 & 2). I am considering adding a turbocharger BOV, but I'm not sure if that is necessary. I'm also not sure what pressure to set it to. I was thinking just over the programmed maximum since it is only for protection.

You do not need a BOV on a diesel engine, so don't waste your time or money! Spend it on something worthwhile like a in-tank fuel pump and a ProVent, both very worthwhile improvements! :wink:
Also consider adding a 2 micron secondary fuel filter if you add a lift pump; the fuel system on these vehicles need better filtration! :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Good day mass-hole will post when I do it, I've been talking to mountainman about manual converstion he and other members are in process of changing over to manual. I'm doing a complete overhaul of my clutch system in about 6 weeks just stock standard will be posting part numbers, photos and explanation of process.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:06 am 
LOST Newbie

Can anyone help me I have fitted the Weeks kit and need to delete egr and fcv from my ecu also could do with help to lower the smoke when under hard acceleration. My current MAP is the standard Jeep Cherokee MAP 524.
Im in the UK if that makes a difference
Cheers
Jon

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:24 am 
LOST Newbie

I just finished up my daughter's Liberty on Saturday. After removing all of the EGR/FCV related parts and installing the Weeks kit, I also put in Nick's stage 1 tune. All I can say is WOW! It really made a difference. She is taking it back home this morning. I asked her to let me know what the fuel mileage is now. It really runs good, has plenty of power, and no smoke.

Thanks everyone for all the help. I think I want one of these for myself.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:29 pm 
LOST Junkie

if you want more .....ask :wink: :P

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello I think i have done this correct please let me know never used dropbox. mass-hole WWdiesel I looked on word for info and it's 810 don't see it page 1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbm7wpu5cz80b ... obite?dl=0

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

The MPPS would not work on my 07 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD, but this one works great. Software and drivers loaded easily, too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/From-USA-FGTech ... 2749.l2649

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 93  Next