It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:22 pm 
LOST Addict

jlayne wrote:
kidjedi wrote:
I know mass-hole has done some work on a 516 (the first tune I tried to load was one he made for me... looks like I wasted his time too [grrrr]). Maybe he'll chime in with some info. I can also send you the file he made for me, but I think he customized it slightly for my altitude (CO).

That would be awesome I'd be happy to try it. my email is jhlayne2000 (at) yahoo.com

Do you know what he has done with the program and what changes have been made for high altitude?

The tune has tables which can limit fueling based on ambient pressure. In the stock configuration the fueling isnt actually reduced based on this table because its low enough to begin, however, if you increase your fueling then then this map will also need to be adjusted to ensure you get your extra power. With his version of the tune I allow the increased fueling down to 800 mbars of ambient pressure, or about 6500' of elevation. Elevations higher than this and the fueling reduces up to 10%.

Boost is also limited based on ambient pressure. There are maps within the tune that will reduce fueling if boost is not high enough to prevent high soot coming out of the exhaust. While i dont completely eliminate the boost reduction, I decrease it enough to allow the increased fueling up to 800 mbar/6500'. The boost is still reduced compared to someone at sea level and will therefore increase soot slightly.

Finally, there is also a map which will reduce fueling based on coolant temperature. For some reason this map in stock puts peak fuelling at something like 50C and actually slightly reduces the power from 50C up to 107C. After 107C fueling starts to reduce somewhat quickly as a way to stop or slow down overheating. Knowing that I would be increasing the fueling beyond what this map normally allows for, I adjusted the peak fueling and changed its temperature to 98C knowing that kidjedi had a 95C t-stat, that way he would be able to run peak fuel at normal operating temps. My personal experience with the HDS t-stat was that it will swing from 93-97C during normal driving as the t-stat opens and closes, so that was the reasoning for 98C. In addition to that adjustment, I also increased the rate of defueling based on temperature. My own experience suggests that the cooling systems on these jeeps is not adequate to keep them cool on long, steep grades at high elevation with increased fueling levels. Since I now had the tune set up to run more fuel at high elevation I wanted to ensure that it wouldnt be excessively overheating during towing or just pulling big grades.

All of these mods I have done on my own jeep and have been running for almost a year now. In fact, I've completely eliminated the altitude boost limiter on my own tune and run quite a bit more fuel than the tunes I have written for other people, so my jeep is being pushed particularly hard. I live at 6500' and freaquently go up to 10,000 ft and I've found that the cooling system doesnt keep up with the tuning i have on mine when I am climbing big grades. So basically, I wrote his tune such that he would benefit from the extra fueling where he lives, but tightened up some limiters such as the coolant temp limiter to ensure it didnt cause problems under hard usage. It will basically react a little quicker to coolant temp increases.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:04 pm 
LOST Junkie

nice job mass-hole

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 am 
LOST Newbie

mass-hole wrote:
jlayne wrote:
kidjedi wrote:
I know mass-hole has done some work on a 516 (the first tune I tried to load was one he made for me... looks like I wasted his time too [grrrr]). Maybe he'll chime in with some info. I can also send you the file he made for me, but I think he customized it slightly for my altitude (CO).

That would be awesome I'd be happy to try it. my email is jhlayne2000 (at) yahoo.com

Do you know what he has done with the program and what changes have been made for high altitude?

The tune has tables which can limit fueling based on ambient pressure. In the stock configuration the fueling isnt actually reduced based on this table because its low enough to begin, however, if you increase your fueling then then this map will also need to be adjusted to ensure you get your extra power. With his version of the tune I allow the increased fueling down to 800 mbars of ambient pressure, or about 6500' of elevation. Elevations higher than this and the fueling reduces up to 10%.

Boost is also limited based on ambient pressure. There are maps within the tune that will reduce fueling if boost is not high enough to prevent high soot coming out of the exhaust. While i dont completely eliminate the boost reduction, I decrease it enough to allow the increased fueling up to 800 mbar/6500'. The boost is still reduced compared to someone at sea level and will therefore increase soot slightly.

Finally, there is also a map which will reduce fueling based on coolant temperature. For some reason this map in stock puts peak fuelling at something like 50C and actually slightly reduces the power from 50C up to 107C. After 107C fueling starts to reduce somewhat quickly as a way to stop or slow down overheating. Knowing that I would be increasing the fueling beyond what this map normally allows for, I adjusted the peak fueling and changed its temperature to 98C knowing that kidjedi had a 95C t-stat, that way he would be able to run peak fuel at normal operating temps. My personal experience with the HDS t-stat was that it will swing from 93-97C during normal driving as the t-stat opens and closes, so that was the reasoning for 98C. In addition to that adjustment, I also increased the rate of defueling based on temperature. My own experience suggests that the cooling systems on these jeeps is not adequate to keep them cool on long, steep grades at high elevation with increased fueling levels. Since I now had the tune set up to run more fuel at high elevation I wanted to ensure that it wouldnt be excessively overheating during towing or just pulling big grades.

All of these mods I have done on my own jeep and have been running for almost a year now. In fact, I've completely eliminated the altitude boost limiter on my own tune and run quite a bit more fuel than the tunes I have written for other people, so my jeep is being pushed particularly hard. I live at 6500' and freaquently go up to 10,000 ft and I've found that the cooling system doesnt keep up with the tuning i have on mine when I am climbing big grades. So basically, I wrote his tune such that he would benefit from the extra fueling where he lives, but tightened up some limiters such as the coolant temp limiter to ensure it didnt cause problems under hard usage. It will basically react a little quicker to coolant temp increases.

That sounds awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

:shock: Just installed the yeti stage 4 tune in my jeep and doesnt crank need help !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:43 pm 

chris7488 wrote:
:shock: Just installed the yeti stage 4 tune in my jeep and doesnt crank need help !

What was your original file number?
and, did you save a copy of your original file before you reflashed with the upgraded tune?

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:34 pm 
LOST Junkie

chris7488 wrote:

I have see on facebook , but I'm waiting the registration confirmation , you have solved now , but the next time , pay attention

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

Does anyone know where the checksum is in the BIN file and how to calculate it manually? Or is there a free ECM program to edit and generate a checksum for the file? I have WinOLS and ECM Titantium but both seem to be demos since I can't modify and safe a BIN file.

I'm familiar with binary files and checksums in general just not specifically where the checksum bytes are located in the ECM files.

UPDATE: I'm just going to add the number I subtract from the one HEX location to another location so the checksum will stay the same. I just have to choose a safe place in the BIN to do it. :) That's the simplest thing I can think of unless someone has link to ECM4FREE or some other ECM editor that allows modifying and saving.

I changed the BIN and uploaded it but I still have the P0610 code I was trying to get rid of.

Thanks.

Justin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:55 am 
LOST Newbie

hello group my name is brian I am a mechanic at a local shop and we have a 2005 jeep liberty 2.8 diesel that needs an egr delete program. I followed the instructions to get the code and here it is 1037512032P399430... I was wondering if anyone knows what I need to do to rewrite this for the check engine light to go out? any help would be greatly appreciated. its with the MMPS V13.02 CHIP TUNNING.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

pm me I can do it in many car , not only in a KJ , DPF EGR DTC etcc ,not for free

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:22 am 
LOST Newbie

Squeeto wrote:
APC9199 wrote:

-copy your file to a temporary folder
-rename your file to 1037377526.Bin because I need you to remove the spaces in the name
-download the original oem 808 bin from the first page and copy to the temp folder
-open a command prompt (dos box) from this temporary folder having both files
-run file compare:
fc 1037377526.Bin 808-oem-stock.bin

Here I did it for you if you trust me:
Comparing files 1037377526.Bin and 808-oem-stock.BIN
FC: no differences encountered

Go ahead and use any 808 tune you like!

APC9199 wrote:
Let me know if you need anything!

Still looking for a tune pulled out of a vehicle which has 5v glow plugs; for Yeti.

Just looking for a quick confirmation as I've gone through all nearly 60 pages of posts in this thread and feel unclear again.

I've determined I have the 526 software program and have successfully done a reflash already.
If I wanted to try some other posted tunes am I ok to try the 808 tunes?

and for Yeti.
Is it possible to do a program that would have the ECM ignore code p1265 (glow plug #3 control circuit low)
the glow plug is damaged and likely will never be changed to avoid damage to the head.
I would pay for such a tune, thanks

-dual battery set-up
-EGR, FCV delete. YETI tune
-HDS thermostat
-Trans Cooler
-Lots of rust

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:10 pm 
LOST Junkie

gtmiller wrote:
Squeeto wrote:
APC9199 wrote:

-copy your file to a temporary folder
-rename your file to 1037377526.Bin because I need you to remove the spaces in the name
-download the original oem 808 bin from the first page and copy to the temp folder
-open a command prompt (dos box) from this temporary folder having both files
-run file compare:
fc 1037377526.Bin 808-oem-stock.bin

Here I did it for you if you trust me:
Comparing files 1037377526.Bin and 808-oem-stock.BIN
FC: no differences encountered

Go ahead and use any 808 tune you like!

APC9199 wrote:
Let me know if you need anything!

Still looking for a tune pulled out of a vehicle which has 5v glow plugs; for Yeti.

Just looking for a quick confirmation as I've gone through all nearly 60 pages of posts in this thread and feel unclear again.

I've determined I have the 526 software program and have successfully done a reflash already.
If I wanted to try some other posted tunes am I ok to try the 808 tunes?

and for Yeti.
Is it possible to do a program that would have the ECM ignore code p1265 (glow plug #3 control circuit low)
the glow plug is damaged and likely will never be changed to avoid damage to the head.
I would pay for such a tune, thanks

never do , but we can try it , I can disable this DTC , but I do not know if the red flash stop to stay on , BTW contact me in PM ,for other ifno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:30 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm slowly making my way through this thread (amazing resource btw) and I'm wondering if anyone has successfully read a North American Grand Cherokee (WK) CRD ECU? MPPS is giving me an error and I'm not sure if the device itself is faulty or if I'm doing something wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

underscore wrote:
I'm slowly making my way through this thread (amazing resource btw) and I'm wondering if anyone has successfully read a North American Grand Cherokee (WK) CRD ECU? MPPS is giving me an error and I'm not sure if the device itself is faulty or if I'm doing something wrong.

year ? normally the WK have edc16cp31 ,but I don't know if the mpps can read this car

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's a 2007, I'll try to figure out where the ECU lives so I can get a part number off it. I assume something must be able to read the ECU even if the MPPS can't as there are aftermarket tunes available.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:29 am 
LOST Newbie

I haven't had a chance to find the ECU yet, but I checked a picture I took of the OBD port and it looks like the only signal pins it has CAN (J-2234) [pins 6 and 14]. From my understanding the MPPS would require pins 7 and 15, ISO 9141-2 K-Line?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:08 am 
LOST Junkie

in your car , I use Kess V2 programmer , it's the best clone you can buy , I can tune every diesel car , or almost :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:23 am 
LOST Member

brinlj27 wrote:
hello group my name is brian I am a mechanic at a local shop and we have a 2005 jeep liberty 2.8 diesel that needs an egr delete program. I followed the instructions to get the code and here it is 1037512032P399430... I was wondering if anyone knows what I need to do to rewrite this for the check engine light to go out? any help would be greatly appreciated. its with the MMPS V13.02 CHIP TUNNING.

go back and read page one of this thread. It has all the info you need on finding and loading the modified and stock tunes. You will need to load a modified tune that has the EGR delete tune in it for the appropriate ECM that you have.

Florida HD billet TC [500+flbs torque]
DIY T'stat Mod {Kap's design}
'03 Ram TCM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:13 am 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
in your car , I use Kess V2 programmer , it's the best clone you can buy , I can tune every diesel car , or almost :D

It looks like a clone one of those would run me about $150, are there any cheaper options?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:40 pm 
LOST Junkie

underscore wrote:
Yeti wrote:

It looks like a clone one of those would run me about $150, are there any cheaper options?

search on aliexpress

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:46 pm 
LOST Member

Is it possible to disable ABS/ESC/Stability Control?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 93  Next