It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Out of fuel
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:07 am 
LOST Newbie

I just got my ecu reflashed by green deisel and put it back in, the jeep had been sitting for three months and previously was running fine, I had turned it over about a month ago just to let it run and it said there was at least a quarter tank, when I started it up today it turned over just fine then suddenly sounded rough, chocked a little bit and died, the oil and fuel lights came on, so its out of diesel somehow I guess so I put some in and bled the fuel filter w the hand pump and diesel seemed to come right out. It just wont turn over, what should I do? Also I want to add that as I was putting the ecu back in and hand one of the cumputer adapters clamped down and was fanangling w the other the ecu bumped the battery right on the positive post which was disconnected at the time but there was still a spark, could this be leading to the malfunction ? Sorry just realised I posted this in the wrong section, please relocate for me

Post subject: Re: Out of fuel
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

You could have easily fried your ecu bumping the case against the hot post of battery with one connector plugged in. Can you read faults with obd2 reader? Try to locate a launch or good reader that can access other modules like transmission, instruments, etc. and if you can access those modules and not ecu that there's your clue. If you can reach ecu what faults exist? Is there a red light small diameter on lower left of dash lit up? How about lightning bolt on left side of dash, lit up?

Jeff