It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No power and heavy smoke.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a problem with my 06 it has no power off the line and smokes real bad. The intercooler hoses are good. The only code is for the #3 glow plug. No I am not going to do any mods. Has anyone had the same problem and if so what did you find. I am thinking there maybe a problem with the turbo. Thanks Rob

Post subject: Re: No power and heavy smoke.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am willing to bet the rockers are damaged. Pull the intercooler hose off at the intercooler near the battery and have someone get on the throttle. 2 things to look for: airflow out of the intercooler will indicate the turbo is spooling. If it is, then focus your attention on the intercooler hose. At idle you'll hear/feel puffing in and out if a rocker is damaged. Hope this helps. Where are you located?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi I am new on here and in the UK. I have a similar problem. But mine is nailing like he'll if I try to rev it. Do you put the hose back on to check for the puffing etc. Mine came on all of a sudden. I do get under boost trouble code. Checked the hoses and are all good. If i unplug the inlet air pressure sensor it revels better and I can drive it but if I put my food down, under boost comes in again and limp mode and nailing and a lot of smoke. The actuator arm is free. A bit to free if you ask me. It feels like it is not connect if I pull it up and down. I have disconnected it off the turbo to check it's operation. I have Chechen the actuator too as it is a garret electronic one. In the process of removing the turbo to check the actuator arm is not detached inside. Not getting any other fault codes.
Regards
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had an issue the same. Low boost code and heavy black smoke. I pulled my intercooler and cleaned it with mineral spirits and let it dry out it was clogged with oily soot. I also was not able to rev beyond 3k while driving this problem went away after and I have my power back. Also changed the map sensor and did the sasquatch parts EGR delete

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk