It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Want to Disable ALL Traction Control & ABS via ECM tune
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:44 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello all,

I just picked up a lib crd and would like to Disable ALL Traction Control & ABS via ECM tune - is this possible? I really hate it - we live on the farm and when driving in sloppy stuff this think is constantly putting on the brakes, and acting stupid, If I shut off the via the button on the steering column it still doens't disable everything.

Plus living on gravel road - I hate ABS. Usually I just pull the fuse on ABS vehicles and remove the warning light in the dash - or apply black tape :) Not sure I can do this because of all the traction control garbage - any IDeas?

I understand when it is in 4low EVERYTHING is disabled - this true? if so can I fool it into thinking it is in 4low always? Simple as old school wiring at transfercase sensor?

thanks for any help that you can give,

John - Northern ONtario
1982 Cj7 6" lift, SOA, 35" mudders, Detroits F/B, my mud toy...
Wife's 2008 LIberty CRD EGR Stage 2,
DD 1990 Wagoneer - 3" LIft, Cummins 4bt

Post subject: Re: Want to Disable ALL Traction Control & ABS via ECM tune
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:12 am 
LOST Junkie

You can't do this , is not in the ECU , you can only pull the ABS fuse , with the ESP off , you disable the power cut off when your ire slip , but all the rest of the system is on and when you are in 4lo is the same situation , the ABS is inactive at low speed ....do not remember at what speed. but traction control is always on , put on a two DTT and you can appreciate the traction control system :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:33 am 
LOST Member

Yeti wrote:
You can't do this , is not in the ECU , you can only pull the ABS fuse , with the ESP off , you disable the power cut off when your ire slip , but all the rest of the system is on and when you are in 4lo is the same situation , the ABS is inactive at low speed ....do not remember at what speed. but traction control is always on , put on a two DTT and you can appreciate the traction control system :wink:

One of the forums has a way to do that. Disable the esp by using a relay and a switch. http://www.jeepforumz.com/showthread.php?t=610ch I think kjcountry(scar0 wrote this mode) has it also . Remember this is for off road only. Good luck. Oops, here on lost..viewtopic.php?f=88&t=51166&hilit=Switch+amp

06 Renegade, 265-70-16 Duratracs on Moab's/OMF, RL sliders ,roof rack, On board air, JBA-UCA, adjust-a strut, Rear-OME 948 two uppers ,Sensatrac shocks, Boiler rad. skid, Mopar/4x guard skid,Terra-flex 4:1,HD cooling,more lights, gauges. ARB/Warn, Mudds Rear Bumper.

Last edited by KJ/toy on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:42 pm 
LOST Addict

That's a pretty cool mod.
Although my 05 doesn't have traction control, there are some good techniques there that could be used for other applications.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:19 am 
LOST Newbie

Easy fix. Unhook one of the wheel speed sensors. Your abs, esp and bas will shut down and trigger lights. The only downside is that you lose your cruise control as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk