It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Intake temps & Eco Tune Question
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:17 am 
LOST Newbie

Morning Everyone. I have a few questions I was hoping for input on about a 2 mods I recently completed. I'm running the ECO tune from GDE.

First mod - Installed an inline 195 thermostat with new housing in the upper radiator hose.
Second mod - Removed air box thus removing both the MAF and air temp sensors and installed a high flow Airaid filter .

1. From what I've read the air temp sensor is unused if running a GDE tune. Can someone please verify this?

2. I'm utilizing the TORQUE app to monitor what I can under the hood. I've seen intake temps as high as 172F since adding the new air filter...and I've lost 3 MPG. I understand diesel engines like more air than just cold air....but if I reduce my intake temps (by shielding the filter from the engine heat) will my MPG return to normal? Or should I ditch the filter and return to a stock setup?

Any input on past experiences with CAI and whatnot is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Intake temps & Eco Tune Question
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:34 am 
LOST Addict

I too tried ditching the stock air filter box and attaching a conical air filter to the turbo inlet.
Worked great during the winter but in the summer my intake air temps were too high.
IMO, the stock air filter setup is better.

With the stock air filter box, on a 90 deg summer afternoon, my IAT will be 120-135 F depending on weather I have the AC on or not.