It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Identify safe BIN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi to all!
I'm newbie here. I need advice regarding to use one of many ECU reflash downloadable files. My Jeep Liberty CRD 2006 has a software # 1037377516P53362K4. I need EGR/FCV delete + (some) HP tune ECU bin. Thanks for any help!!! :?:

Post subject: Re: Identify safe BIN
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:58 pm 
LOST Addict

DUSIEK wrote:
Hi to all!
I'm newbie here. I need advice regarding to use one of many ECU reflash downloadable files. My Jeep Liberty CRD 2006 has a software # 1037377516P53362K4. I need EGR/FCV delete + (some) HP tune ECU bin. Thanks for any help!!! :?:

Go back to the DIY ecu flash thread and read up about open the file with the text editor to see the version. The file name is not helpful, what's contained inside it is. From there you can start to ID what version you need.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok, this is what I got when I opened that file in Word Pad: X Ò@  Ž 1037377516P53362K4  »‡ Œ@   € ƒÿÿúÞÊþÊþ¯þ ÿx ƒÿt  ø“”!ÿè¿¡
I'm still confused. So looks like I have version "516" if I'm reading first lane in Word Pad correctly. But I do not know how to match my software version to the one of many modified bins. Which one will work for me. Thanks :!:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:01 pm 
LOST Addict

DUSIEK wrote:
Ok, this is what I got when I opened that file in Word Pad: X Ò@  Ž 1037377516P53362K4  »‡ Œ@   € ƒÿÿúÞÊþÊþ¯þ ÿx ƒÿt  ø“”!ÿè¿¡
I'm still confused. So looks like I have version "516" if I'm reading first lane in Word Pad correctly. But I do not know how to match my software version to the one of many modified bins. Which one will work for me. Thanks :!:

Quote:
Here is the first line of my 808:
X Ò@  Ž 1037380808P53363K0  ¼ˆ§ˆ@  
The 1037380808 number is shown.

So for yours:

Quote:

So yes you have a 516. What this also means is that no one else has supplied a modified 516. That means if you want a modified map you need to do it yourself or farm it out.

I am in a similar boat since I have 603 software, I am having to go through other maps already made, understand what has been modified, and then figure out where I need to modify my map.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you for fast respond. Now I need to compare my bin with some other already modified line by line. But how I will know which line suppose to be changed or not ? Which line is responsible for what action or device? This is something time consuming. Looks like for now I will give up. I do not have time or knowledge to work with such complicated stuff. I will try some experienced forum members to modify ECU bins for help. Thanks for any help. :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:48 pm 
LOST Addict

DUSIEK wrote:
Thank you for fast respond. Now I need to compare my bin with some other already modified line by line. But how I will know which line suppose to be changed or not ? Which line is responsible for what action or device? This is something time consuming. Looks like for now I will give up. I do not have time or knowledge to work with such complicated stuff. I will try some experienced forum members to modify ECU bins for help. Thanks for any help. :banghead:

I understand your sentiments. I've spent quite a bit of time learning and trying to understand what to do. Time is valuable, and for how many hours I've spent I could just about justify the cost for a GDE tune. If you look back at the DIY thread you will see I first start asking questions awhile back, its been a long process, and continues to be one.

But I have also learned quite a bit during the process, and what I have learned suits me well for my professional and personal interests.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

Is there anyone who has "516" modified ECU bin? Or someone who is willing to help me modify mine? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi Dusiek,
Have you ever found a tune for your 516 software? I am in the same need ! Made a EGR delete and now I need a tune and my software version is 516 !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:49 pm 

ProJEEP wrote:
Hi Dusiek,
Have you ever found a tune for your 516 software? I am in the same need ! Made a EGR delete and now I need a tune and my software version is 516 !

Yeti on this forum does custom tunes based on your needs. PM him. :D

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Appreciate the quick response !
Ok. I will try that. Did you finally get yours going?