It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Engine Fault Codes
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:34 am 
LOST Member

Hi All,

I have a 2006 kj liberty 2.8 CRD (new zealand new also known as a cherokee here) with 62k miles on it. Stock standard with just a Provent 200 on it which I did thanks to the awesome write up. Also cleaned the MAP sensor as well as the MAF sensor. MAP sensor was blocked. Also just had jeep complete a full major service to change timing belt water pump etc.

I purchased a ODB sensor and ran a scan through Torque Pro just to see what was on the ECU as faults (engine check light was not lit).

Below is the snapshot and other than the MAF sensor which is plugged in but I unplugged it last week and started the car to see if the ECL came up which it did. I guess it relates to that. Can anyone help with the other 2?

I have reset all the codes and nothing has come back up but Transmition feels and a little different, a big more rougher (ie not as smooth as before with gear changes etc).

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Post subject: Re: Engine Fault Codes
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:03 pm 
LOST Addict

For the P0702, make sure the TCM is connected tight.

For the P2022, I dont know. That code makes no sense.

Is it shifting through all the gears?
Usually when there is a transmission problem it goes into limp mode and you will only get 2nd and 3rd gears.

Post subject: Re: Engine Fault Codes
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:31 pm 
LOST Member

flash7210 wrote:
For the P0702, make sure the TCM is connected tight.

For the P2022, I dont know. That code makes no sense.

Is it shifting through all the gears?
Usually when there is a transmission problem it goes into limp mode and you will only get 2nd and 3rd gears.

Thanks flash. I will disconnect the Tcm this weekend and give it a clean as I hear the connection can sometimes get dirty as well. Will use contact cleaner.

The car shifts through all the gears 1 to 5 and back down. Do you think it was an old code that was never cleared hence the Grey part?

Cheers

Chris