It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CRD timing belt kit
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:15 am 
LOST Newbie

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK wrote:
Grotsoldaat wrote:
Huhhhhh wrote:
Just got a quote from the stealership for $2,500.00 to do the timing belt kit with water pump.
Think I'll find time to do the ID Parts kit. Anything else I should do while I'm in that deep?

$2,500.00..?!? :dizzy: Are their parts made from titanium or they charge million x :2cents: /hour?

Rightly or wrongly, stealerships for YEARS now have made as much or more $$ on service than they have on actually selling vehicles. When you factor in the high overhead they have to deal with, (trained technicians and support staff, bricks and mortar & infrastructure costs, taxes, etc., etc.), it is easy to see how this job can be $2500.00 USD.

As I've been in business, I have some idea about those costs. But still, in my native Finland, which is considered one of the most expensive countries in Europe, in official Jeep stealer it's around 1200€ parts included. Smaller garages are asking around 700€ and if you have parts purchased, work is normally 350€. And what it was down here in Bulgaria, well, even less than that. Much less.

Huhhhhh wrote:
Is there a section on here that has exploded views of assemblies or any service and repair manuals like chiltons?

http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Last edited by Grotsoldaat on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.