It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:44 am 
LOST Member

no-blue-screen wrote:
OzLtd wrote:
I've read nearly all of the posts here but am still a little confused - what is the F31 Tsb ?

what should I be looking out for ?

F31 is not a TSB, it is a recall to reflash the TCM. You can check to see if your vehcile needs this recall done by visiting the jeep website and entering your VIN.

Also - if you were flashed due to one of the previous TSB's, Chrysler tracks this and SHOULD be mailing you a recall notice from Michigan. That's how I learned about F31 - via the notice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DarbyWalters wrote:
I have a TSB sticker and it says TCM ECM 56259 performed on 1-19-06...Can not find a related TSB from the above list.

Missed this one Walt. Let me check the couple on mine and see if there is something on them besides the TSB number. What I am thinking is that the tech wrote down a download number or something other than the actual TSB number which might make it tough to figure unless you go back to the dealer and ask for a printout of services performed prior to purchase.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cowcatcher wrote:
DarbyWalters wrote:
I have a TSB sticker and it says TCM ECM 56259 performed on 1-19-06...Can not find a related TSB from the above list.

Missed this one Walt. Let me check the couple on mine and see if there is something on them besides the TSB number. What I am thinking is that the tech wrote down a download number or something other than the actual TSB number which might make it tough to figure unless you go back to the dealer and ask for a printout of services performed prior to purchase.

Have the same sticker on mine...was done before I purchased my CRD...I think it was the same date too.

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:39 pm 
LOST Addict

DarbyWalters wrote:
Cowcatcher wrote:
DarbyWalters wrote:

Have the same sticker on mine...was done before I purchased my CRD...I think it was the same date too.

Is this what I think it is? If so thats just hilarious :lol: But I shouldnt be too hard on you Walt I will probably do it myself soon.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject: Tranmission Failure = SAFETY ISSUE: BE CAREFUL
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've had 05 Jeep Liberty CRD at dealership 76 days of the year I've owned it (and bought it new). As of Nov. 3, 2006 they've replaced the entire transmission with a newly designed one that DC has had in the works but has refused to tell anyone about. It was at the dealership approximately 10 times before this all for transmission related problems, stalling, shuttering, etc. that you're all talking about. BE CAREFUL...when the transmission and torque converter finally go for good the vehicle's rear tires lock up like you're slamming on the rear brakes while the engine is going at full highway speeds. I nearly died. Luckily no one else was in the vehicle with me.The service manager at the dealership took it for a ride and had the same experience. Scary, scary, scary. I won't get back in the vehicle even with the "new" transmission. Chrysler refuses to speicfy what is "new." Even though I had loved driving this vehicle, it should be recalled in its entirety before someone is killed. File a NTHSB report, write your state attorney general for consumer protection, write the better business bureau. DC has its head in the sand and is hiding. What a waste.

Post subject: I have an 05 CRD and WHAT A FU@#K LEMON!!1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:49 pm 
LOST Member

I just got a 05 CRD from CarMAX ,Mistake 1,and it has 25,000 miles on it has had a tranny already put in it from the person before me ,I move from NC to Independence and the Stealership has had it for a week and still the same crap.I tell them here is whats wrong and thay dodge whats really wrong ,It need a converter put in the tranny and the code and TSb say so and all I get is lets change the computer!!! HELPPPPP! ncdieselguy@yahoo.com

Post subject: Re: I have an 05 CRD and WHAT A FU@#K LEMON!!1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:51 pm 
LOST Addict

Got Diesel wrote:
I just got a 05 CRD from CarMAX ,Mistake 1,and it has 25,000 miles on it has had a tranny already put in it from the person before me ,I move from NC to Independence and the Stealership has had it for a week and still the same crap.I tell them here is whats wrong and thay dodge whats really wrong ,It need a converter put in the tranny and the code and TSb say so and all I get is lets change the computer!!! HELPPPPP! ncdieselguy@yahoo.com

You have several issues to work through. First, make sure this is at a Jeep dealer with a trained CRD tech. Second, your Jeep is likely involved in a recall for transmission software (in addition to several software updates effecting the way it performs). It is likely that the TCM needs to be replaced to establish a data link in order run the computer diagnostics. Not to say that your torque converter is OK but once the software is updated, the mechanical stuff can be better evaluated. This is speaking from experience; filters replaced, several reflashes and now my 3rd TCM.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:38 pm 
LOST Member

no-blue-screen wrote:
... Also, it idles very rought with the A/C on. Yesterday, I was sitting at a stop light with teh A/C on and if I let go of the steering wheel I could see it giggling back and forth from the engine. Could that be a loose motor mount? I had originally thought the highway vibration was wheel balancing being off...but it doesn't happen all the time and when it does I have tried taking my foot off the pedal but it doesn't cease...so I am stumped. Hopefully the dealer can figure it out.

Had any luck sorting out the vibration problem? I have had exactly those symptoms, together with a low frequency type drone or noise, for nearly a year now. My vibration/noise started out as intermittent, now it is all the time. DC Australia have no idea and refuse to fix (they have replaced the engine mounts though but it is still there!)...I get the old "characteristic of the vehicle" response and have received a letter to that effect from DC Australia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:23 am 
LOST Junkie

MACKJ wrote:
no-blue-screen wrote:
... Also, it idles very rought with the A/C on. Yesterday, I was sitting at a stop light with teh A/C on and if I let go of the steering wheel I could see it giggling back and forth from the engine. Could that be a loose motor mount? I had originally thought the highway vibration was wheel balancing being off...but it doesn't happen all the time and when it does I have tried taking my foot off the pedal but it doesn't cease...so I am stumped. Hopefully the dealer can figure it out.

Had any luck sorting out the vibration problem? I have had exactly those symptoms, together with a low frequency type drone or noise, for nearly a year now. My vibration/noise started out as intermittent, now it is all the time. DC Australia have no idea and refuse to fix (they have replaced the engine mounts though but it is still there!)...I get the old "characteristic of the vehicle" response and have received a letter to that effect from DC Australia.

They replaced my front rotors and that fixed the vibration. I have also had the latest TSB done and she is running great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:48 am 
LOST Member

no-blue-screen wrote:
MACKJ wrote:
no-blue-screen wrote:

They replaced my front rotors and that fixed the vibration. I have also had the latest TSB done and she is running great.

Are you saying the vibration at idle was fixed by replacing the front brake rotors??
Or was it the new TSB...what was the TSB number?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:38 am 
LOST Junkie

MACKJ wrote:
no-blue-screen wrote:
MACKJ wrote:
no-blue-screen wrote:

Are you saying the vibration at idle was fixed by replacing the front brake rotors??

No that's not what I am saying. They replaced the rotors on my complaint regarding vibration at highway speeds and the pulsation when applying the brakes at higher speeds.

They also did the latest TSB which is 18-023-06 (from 7/14). They also flashed the TCM via the F31 recall. After having the TSB, the engine idles and runs much smoother.

I am not positive on this, but I wouldn't think the TSBs or programming would be the same for your vehicle in Australia.

This thread is for TSBs, so if you are having a problem I suggest you post a new thread so that more people will see it and be able to possibly help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:45 am 
LOST Member

no-blue-screen wrote:
MACKJ wrote:
no-blue-screen wrote:
MACKJ wrote:
no-blue-screen wrote:

No that's not what I am saying. They replaced the rotors on my complaint regarding vibration at highway speeds and the pulsation when applying the brakes at higher speeds.

They also did the latest TSB which is 18-023-06 (from 7/14). They also flashed the TCM via the F31 recall. After having the TSB, the engine idles and runs much smoother.

I am not positive on this, but I wouldn't think the TSBs or programming would be the same for your vehicle in Australia.

This thread is for TSBs, so if you are having a problem I suggest you post a new thread so that more people will see it and be able to possibly help you.

Thanks for the info. I was actually hoping a TSB might be able to fix my problem as the guys here don't seem to want to know, thus the questions.
Anyway, consider me spanked. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:27 am 
LOST Junkie

MACKJ wrote:
no-blue-screen wrote:
MACKJ wrote:
no-blue-screen wrote:
MACKJ wrote:
no-blue-screen wrote:

Thanks for the info. I was actually hoping a TSB might be able to fix my problem as the guys here don't seem to want to know, thus the questions.
Anyway, consider me spanked. :wink:

I wasn't trying to be rude, so I apologize if it came across that way. Just trying to help you get help as quickly as possible.

Post subject: tranny/tc probs.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

:) :( just had tranny/tc prob. taken care of.what a hassle.16321 miles.couldn't get a loaner had to fight with dc to get a rental.lib. down for 11 days.love it anyways.also egr/boost soelenoid taken care of last month.what brand oil,oil filter,viscosity do you or your members use/recommend?also how often fuel filter changes?

Post subject: I have the same and DOWN NOW WEEKS!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:42 pm 
LOST Member

monkee363,I am a VW Diesel Tech here in Kansas City MO and I would use 5w-40 Rotilla 5w-40 or mobil 1 5w 40 truck and suv only ,the rotilla is can be found in most Wall Marts and use Power Service Gray bottle in the Summer time and White Bottle in the winter so you won't have to worry about Gelling,if you have any questions please feel free to E-mail me @ ncdieselguy@yahoo.com.
Manny

Post subject: Re: tranny/tc probs.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:04 pm 
LOST Junkie

monkee363 wrote:
:) :( just had tranny/tc prob. taken care of.what a hassle.16321 miles.couldn't get a loaner had to fight with dc to get a rental.lib. down for 11 days.love it anyways.also egr/boost soelenoid taken care of last month.what brand oil,oil filter,viscosity do you or your members use/recommend?also how often fuel filter changes?

I use the new Mobil1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40 which is the same product as the Mobil delvac 1 5w40. If I am not mistaken, the new truck & suv is a 5w30 for gasoline engines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

:D thanks alot guys.thats what oil i have been using.with 16385 miles on my 2005 crd is it time to change my fuel filter?if not when??? 2005 Jeep CRD: silver,K&N air filter born 2/05 adopted 8/06(family ride). 1981 VW Pickup:red,turbo diesel,K&N air filter (work ride).

Post subject: Fuel Filter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:00 pm 
LOST Member

monkee363,
Change it every 20,000 miles.
Any Question E-mail me.
Manny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:43 pm 
LOST Addict

monkee363 wrote:
:D thanks alot guys.thats what oil i have been using.with 16385 miles on my 2005 crd is it time to change my fuel filter?if not when??? 2005 Jeep CRD: silver,K&N air filter born 2/05 adopted 8/06(family ride). 1981 VW Pickup:red,turbo diesel,K&N air filter (work ride).

On the fuel filter, a lot depends on your climate and the reliability & consistancy of your fuel. I have always changed diesel filters annually just before winter/freezing temps but I live in a cold climate. DC says 25-30K but I did mine last week @ 20K.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Can anyone verify that access to "alldata" where we have linked to many of the TSBs is no longer public access? I can not pull up any of the old or new TSBs or recalls.

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.