It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Invested in my 2006 now Won't Start
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

Howdy folks,
I just dropped a couple grand on my KJ CRD that was giving me some issues shifting in and out of 2nd gear in both directions, and the front wheel bearings needed to be replaced, since they were starting to make some noise at 135K miles. This rig has given me no trouble at all, and deserved the investment. So we ended up replacing solenoids and pressure transducer and filters and the guy tells me there was a cam or crank out of sync code, and if that happens sometimes folks think it's the transmission. I do take it off road, and pull a trailer occasionally so I don't mind putting in the money to keep it running. So after a week at the shop, upon driving it back to work after picking it up, I'm driving into the parking lot and it starts making a loud noise, kind of like the noise it made when the turbo hose ripped. I was where I needed to be, so I parked and went back to work. Four hours later I pick up my daughter then we drove home 30 miles away, no issues, she's running like a champ. The next day on the way in, in the morning, after driving 20 minutes at 72 MPH and maybe a couple of stop lights, as I try to accelerate I realize that there is no power. Well since I wasn't at work yet, my daughter and I (momma had the other vehicle at the airport as she was out of town on business) swapped the jeep for the VW at work and I took her to school and came back. I got a work buddy to drive behind me at lunch as I took the jeep home. It ran fine for 15 minutes then suddenly it had no power. Now this trip home was uphill and at the steepest portion I was able to maintain 55 MPH and even accelerate to 60 by the peak of the hill. Down hill on the way home I didn't have to push to maintain 75 MPH, but the throttle input was nearly maxed out the entire trip after the first 15 minutes.

Once home I went out the next day, Saturday with the Mrs. home, and started it up to listen to what was going on and it ran for 15-20 seconds and then stopped. It hasn't run since, but it cranks like a maniac. I purchased an analyzer and found that modules $12 and $41 are not responding, and I had a code P0093 that the manual says is excess fuel rail pressure over and above what was expected, but the analyzer says is a major fuel leak. I don't believe there's a fuel leak, nothing's wet. I read on this forum that the cam and crank position sensor failures won't allow the engine to start but won't throw a code (which contradicts what the guy at the tranny shop said: that there was an indication that they weren't seeing the same RPMs), so I changed them. Still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas? What is the $41 module?
Thanks for any help. In the meantime, I've washed my hands and will :rockon: for the evening.
Thanks,
Don

There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen... Jim Lovell, Astronaut

Post subject: Re: Invested in my 2006 now Won't Start
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:36 am 
LOST Addict

You should post this in the CRD Love that Torque section. It will get more replays there.

Sounds like a air in fuel problem.
Does you fuel filter head have a light blue wire connector on it?
If not, you should replace it with the updated version.
Also may want to consider a lift pump.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Try bleeding the air out of the fuel filter. Very easy to do. Just ask if you need help. Could also be a plugged up filter. When is the last time it was replaced?

81 Austin Mini--automatic, 1 liter of raw power
69 Cougar--398" of pure torque, when it ran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:09 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm on my 2nd high milage CRD and have had so many weird issues with stalling or not starting or low power mode. Crank sensor once, ABS/TCS module once, bad connections under Fuse block @ battery once, exhaust valve stuck into piston once.

06 CRD Limited/#2
Full OME suspension/Sway Bar Disconnects
ARB Bumper/ LEDs
SS Cat Back
Warn 8000
KC HID Daylighters (2)
Sasquatch EGR delete kit
ARP stud kit
Safari Snorkel
Suncoast TC
Alpine/ JL Audio
Clifford Remote Start
Netto Terra Grapplers 265/75/16
GDE Hot
Lift Pump
Sasquatch Battery Kit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey folks, thanks for that help.
I have moved the post over to the CRD ...Love that torque section as suggested.
The issue is being traced down to a fuel issue.
Not sure whether I'm going to put a lift pump into it or replace the fuel lines.
I've got a bunch of 1/4" SS tube lying around.

There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen... Jim Lovell, Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:19 pm 

Tucson Don wrote:
Hey folks, thanks for that help.
I have moved the post over to the CRD ...Love that torque section as suggested.
The issue is being traced down to a fuel issue.
Not sure whether I'm going to put a lift pump into it or replace the fuel lines.
I've got a bunch of 1/4" SS tube lying around.

Generally, metal lines do not go bad!
Do yourself and your vehicle a favor, install an in-tank lift pump and forget ever having air in fuel problems again!!!
Probably the best mod that can be done to a Jeep CRD!!! :D

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount