It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FASS Ride fuel system
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:56 am 
LOST Newbie

I have an 05 Liberty crd I was wondering about installing a fass fuel system to eliminate the air in fuel problem. Has anyone heard of this being done to the crd. I have talked to fass and told them that the pressure to the cp3 was 9psi the fass pump pumps 10 psi and has a heater system that can be integrated onto the Fass pump. The part numbers areTC10095G for the pump and filters and HK1001 for the heater which heats to 40 deg F and is thermostatically controlled to maintain this temperature. Would this work to replace the fuel heater and make it so that I won't have to install a lift pump?
Thanks in advance for any input.
Rob

Post subject: Re: FASS Ride fuel system
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:19 pm 
LOST Addict

IMO, a FASS seems like overkill.

1. What is its size and where will it fit?
2. You can add a lift pump, replace the factory filter head, and install an additional 2 micron filter for less money. All of which are proven to work with the CRD.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:21 pm 

flash7210 wrote:
IMO, a FASS seems like overkill.

X2

The Fass part no. listed above is well over 500 bucks! :shock: :shock:

The in-tank fuel pump can be purchased for around 100 dollars or less!
Adding a 2 micron secondary fuel filter using a Wix 24770 or Napa 4770 fuel filter head can be done for much less than 50 bucks!
:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:30 pm 
LOST Addict

Or you can really go cheap and only upgrade the head, add secondary, and cut out the quick connect on the supply side at the fuel tank and replace with fuel line and 2 clamps on both sides. The cp3's haven't had any trouble pulling some air in the crap stock system for well over 200k miles on many crd's. Albeit they'll eventually suck air in a cracked line, but that'll probably be another 5-10 years of rubber rot, and then you could just replace the rubber portions.
My jeep had a cheap inline pump when I bought it, and it works great, and easy to change out when it fails for $50. It's passive also, so it won't cause a breakdown. Just some random options, not as long term as an in tank, but cheap

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:34 pm 
LOST Member

Although I have not run a Fass Pump on a Liberty, I have one on one of my Duramaxs, it got extremely cold and I went to start my truck and the Motor housing shunk enough to seize the motor and cause the magnets to break inside the motor housing. They would not warranty it, $250 later I was "fixed up". I would go Airdog, I had one of them on a another duramax and they warrantied it after 6 years!!!! No Questions asked. They even sent updated parts so the issue never came about again. Ive got the same airdog transfered to my 2009 and it still runs like a dream!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Right on thanks for the knowledge. I had this conversation with a family member and his point was that the fass system would remove air no matter what especially if it was some sort of tank aeration issue from fuel return that was the culprit. spending less makes since especially if the air was coming from a fitting or hose due to negative line pressure. I work 80 hours in a week so the local diesel guy is going to be the one to tackle what ever I decide ill check into airdog sasquatch has a harness for 200 bucks that "plug and play"and jegs has the pump the only thing is that the float has to be modified but I doesn't seem like its impossible.
well thanks again,

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:46 pm 

Vmcrdrod wrote:
Right on thanks for the knowledge. I had this conversation with a family member and his point was that the fass system would remove air no matter what especially if it was some sort of tank aeration issue from fuel return that was the culprit. spending less makes since especially if the air was coming from a fitting or hose due to negative line pressure. I work 80 hours in a week so the local diesel guy is going to be the one to tackle what ever I decide ill check into airdog sasquatch has a harness for 200 bucks that "plug and play"and jegs has the pump the only thing is that the float has to be modified but I doesn't seem like its impossible.
well thanks again,

Rob

The float is a non-issue; simply remove the float/float arm off the OEM unit you pull out and then install it on the new unit that has a fuel pump in it. They just snap on, real simple and easy to change!!! :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve