It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRD Dies
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:26 am 
LOST Newbie

I have two CRDs and the one that my daughter drives has been killing at intersections. It never happens driving. Shes 16 and its been a bit tough extracting more info but she did say that the radio dies and she can put it in Park and it starts right up every time.

Any tips would be appreciated. To me i seems like an electrical issue. When I bought the Jeep earlier this year the battery was not secure and bouncing around. That has been resolved but I have not had it tested but I would think that driving around would have more affect on a battery issue versus sitting at a stop light.

Thanks
Dan

Post subject: Re: CRD Dies
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:22 am 
LOST Addict

A little more detail would be helpful... have you tried driving it yourself?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:06 pm 
LOST Member

danruesch wrote:
I have two CRDs and the one that my daughter drives has been killing at intersections. It never happens driving. Shes 16 and its been a bit tough extracting more info but she did say that the radio dies and she can put it in Park and it starts right up every time.

Any tips would be appreciated. To me i seems like an electrical issue. When I bought the Jeep earlier this year the battery was not secure and bouncing around. That has been resolved but I have not had it tested but I would think that driving around would have more affect on a battery issue versus sitting at a stop light.

Thanks
Dan

Have you check ASD relay ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

I was out of town all last week and started driving it after I got back. I've been using the other key fob since hers is on her lanyard with her school ID etc.

So far in the past 5 days and many many trips around town, it hasn't happened once on me. I was hoping to duplicate the problem to get more details than what a pissed off daughter could relay

I'm going to keep driving it, then next weekend try her key fob and see what happens id it doesn't die on me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:52 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Here's the odd thing.
Once it's running and the security key cleared, the immobilizer has no further function until the next time its started.
There is nothing involving the key, that would cause it to die.
The battery in the key is for the wireless locking/unlocking features alone. Even if you remove the battery completely, it will start the car without issue, and run, as long as the transponder chip isn't removed.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the info. Very interesting.

As of now my daughter is driving with the spare keyset and she said it hasn't stalled.

Will have to try the other set this weekend and see what happens. "shoulder shrug"