It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EGR delete and glow plugs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello, new to this forum. Just bought myself a 2005 Liberty CRD with 200,000 kms on it. It had an egr delete done but not the ECU reprogrammed to eliminate CEL. I am trying to do that according to what I've read on this forum but when I got my MPPS connected the program keeps saying,'ECU not found". Also,I have hard time starting in any temperature below freezing even though my glow plug system shows no errors or codes. Any ideas? Thanks

Post subject: Re: EGR delete and glow plugs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

Benjamin70 wrote:
Hello, new to this forum. Just bought myself a 2005 Liberty CRD with 200,000 kms on it. It had an egr delete done but not the ECU reprogrammed to eliminate CEL. I am trying to do that according to what I've read on this forum but when I got my MPPS connected the program keeps saying,'ECU not found". Also,I have hard time starting in any temperature below freezing even though my glow plug system shows no errors or codes. Any ideas? Thanks

Have you tested your GP's?
Codes are not a replacement for old fashioned manual testing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just with a test light from the relay connector. All four wires show good ground.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

Benjamin70 wrote:
Just with a test light from the relay connector. All four wires show good ground.

Need to measure the resistance of each GP/lead. that is from the connector to earth. If its higher than a couple of ohms, GP is dead.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:14 pm 

Benjamin70 wrote:

What platform are you running the MPPS software on?
Be sure and follow the instructions outlined on viewtopic.php?f=98&t=78418
Need the software for MPPS V13.02:
link:> http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/J ... S13.02.rar

On some platforms you have to run software as administrator and you may have to download and install the drivers manually.
Your MPPS cable must be for Chip Tuning and not just for reading. One member on LOST figured that one out.
also watch this video, he walks you through the process:> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sngGdf4NM6E

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

I downloaded the MPPS software and the drivers from: http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/supp ... e-download.
I am using a Windows 10 pro. I was able to install the drivers and open the program without difficulty. I was reading the vehicle voltage but when I tried either to id the ecu or read the ecu, after a few seconds of the program saying it was waking the ecu it then said "ecu not found". What am i missing!!
I'll try the link to colorado4wheel.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:11 pm 
LOST Addict

Benjamin70 wrote:
I downloaded the MPPS software and the drivers from: http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/supp ... e-download.
I am using a Windows 10 pro. I was able to install the drivers and open the program without difficulty. I was reading the vehicle voltage but when I tried either to id the ecu or read the ecu, after a few seconds of the program saying it was waking the ecu it then said "ecu not found". What am i missing!!
I'll try the link to colorado4wheel.

You definitely want to read not ID. there's 1-3 settings like selecting the correct vehicle that needs done first. The DIY tune thread might help

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

I think i may have gotten a faulty flash cable. I got it pretty cheap one off ebay. Maybe i'll try getting a different one and try again. Anybody have any recommendations as to a reliable cable? The other thing i noticed is that my autoenginuity scan tool sometimes has difficulty connecting to the ECU also and when I do it shows a buncnh of codes related to the ABS even though I have no ABS warning light and my ABS activates when braking. Maybe I have a ECU issue. Do you think getting the ECU reflashed with any updates at the dealer would help?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:27 am 
LOST Addict

Benjamin70 wrote:
I think i may have gotten a faulty flash cable. I got it pretty cheap one off ebay. Maybe i'll try getting a different one and try again. Anybody have any recommendations as to a reliable cable? The other thing i noticed is that my autoenginuity scan tool sometimes has difficulty connecting to the ECU also and when I do it shows a buncnh of codes related to the ABS even though I have no ABS warning light and my ABS activates when braking. Maybe I have a ECU issue. Do you think getting the ECU reflashed with any updates at the dealer would help?

A lot of tools have problems talking to these jeeps, so it's probably the tool, and not the jeep.
There was a post recently of someone that got a cable that didnt work. I think it actually had less pins (connected) than the second one he bought, but I can't remember exactly. Maybe it was in the DIY thread.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:26 pm 

Mountainman wrote:
Benjamin70 wrote:

A lot of tools have problems talking to these jeeps, so it's probably the tool, and not the jeep.
There was a post recently of someone that got a cable that didnt work. I think it actually had less pins (connected) than the second one he bought, but I can't remember exactly. Maybe it was in the DIY thread.

This is the post Mountainman is referring to:> viewtopic.php?p=939929#p939929
ault03 wrote:
SOLVED.........
Look at your cable if it reads usb interface it will not read I did it bought the cheap one connected it to my computer did the driver update and it would read battery voltage but nothing else, when I clicked read ecu it would say not detected... so I went on eBay looked and came across one that said “chip tuning” it was 33 bucks but I took the leap and guess what she works.... if you buy the one that has usb interface it will not work even though it did say reads and writes in the description, it did in fact do nothing.... So when purchasing the cable make sure it says “chip tuning” that was the fix for me got it all tuned.... link below

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4478048655

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok, thanks for that. I think that is just what happened. I'll order another and let you know what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

That was indeed the problem. Got a new flash cable in and everthing worked as expected.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:03 pm 

Benjamin70 wrote:
That was indeed the problem. Got a new flash cable in and everthing worked as expected.

:pepper: :BANANA: :rockon:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch