It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Installed Yeti DTC delete but still getting egr code
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:50 pm 
LOST Addict

Anytime :JEEPIN:

So, you've had two jeeps with that same problem right? I have used that particular tune a time or two, with no such problem. I'm thinking that your copy is corrupted. I would try getting a new copy from the diy thread and try that. If you still have the problem. I would get yet another copy, with a different mpps cable and software. Or, better yet, if the file isn't corrupt, the there's, however unlikely:

Use a different:
-The mpps cable (bad ones reported on lostjeeps)
-Copy of the 808 tune
-computer (if available, or a really cheap laptop from a used place)
-And let's not forget the mpps program. Try downloading from a different source if possible.

-you should be able to avoid the Yeti route if you have this on 2 seperate jeeps, as this is the first report of this problem (I believe).

Something is causing you to "lose" a 1 or zero in the file...
Unless its hexadecimal code, whatever lol

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

Post subject: Installed Yeti DTC delete but still getting egr code
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Its possible that tune does not turn off the EGR/FCV codes, it simply turns off the egr function. Once it is unplugged it still recognizes it as missing. I can check and see at some point when I get a few minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

I figured out why it is setting the abs code, when I programmed the ecm it used a different VIN number than the vehicle. How do I change vin in the code?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:38 pm 
LOST Addict

norm1001 wrote:
I figured out why it is setting the abs code, when I programmed the ecm it used a different VIN number than the vehicle. How do I change vin in the code?

The MPPS cannot change the VIN in the ECM. Did you flash an 808 tune to the 2005?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yes, Same 808 but i downloaded them at different times, and i used 2 different computers, the abs module indicates it is a VIN conflict. Thanks, Norm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:55 pm 
LOST Addict

norm1001 wrote:
Yes, Same 808 but i downloaded them at different times, and i used 2 different computers, the abs module indicates it is a VIN conflict. Thanks, Norm

The issue is that the 2005 does not use the 808 file. 2005 jeeps have a different abs system in that they only have a single speed sensor in the rear axle while the 2006’s(which is what the 808 file is from) has two speed sensors. Thats probably where the conflict is coming from.

Im honestly surprised the 808 file even functions at all on a 2005.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:12 am 
LOST Addict

Wow, I didn't catch that.
Ok, so the next question is do you have the original file from your ecu?
Are you familiar with opening the file in wordpad?
If not we can tell you which tunes to try. With any luck you won't freeze up the ecu in the process.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete