It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not as many as we need but it is growing every day.

WELCOME!!!!

'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KK,

What part of the BlueGrass are ya?

Louisville, here

'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks

Post subject: Re: Nice to see the KY chapter!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KK wrote:
Hope there are more of us out there!

Nice looking KK. All you need now is a Bluegrasslost sticker. Except you will need two of them so you can have two K's. Welcome to lost.

-Michelin LTX AT2's (P235/70 R16)
-tow hooks (front) D-ring (back)
-graphite tail light guards
-K&N air filter

bluegrasslost member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:35 am 
LOST Member

woodys, i need to get you some updated pictures....hopefully i can get some pics with some mud or snow to showcase my new tires!

Jet Stage 2 Chip : '07 Air Intake
Relocated IAT Sensor : '05 HVAC Controls
Front Hitch : EVIC from '01 GC : Custom Rock Rails
Transgo Shift Reprogramming Kit
KC Driving Lights & Aux Backup Lights
.......all GONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cool,

Send them on, I'll get them on asap

What kind of rubber?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

hey im new but have had my 03 kj since the beginning. i am looking for a place that has lifted kjs before around the lexington area. i dont want to get screwed liked the places ive talked to already tried to do to me in richmond. anyone know anywhere worth referring?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:18 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

cubswin1 wrote:
hey im new but have had my 03 kj since the beginning. i am looking for a place that has lifted kjs before around the lexington area. i dont want to get screwed liked the places ive talked to already tried to do to me in richmond. anyone know anywhere worth referring?

Head north on 75 and then call me I will do it for ya, just have to drive a few miles :lol: :lol: :lol: Done over 60 lifts on various Jeeps/ trucks/ vans and now have done 4 KJs
seriously not hard to do depending on what lift you get.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am in Louisville and have done my own. VERY simple to do if you take your time. What lift are you going to install?

We can have a lift party here if you want, We can get other KJres and put it on with/for ya.

Tom, aren't you near cleveland or Toledo?

Anyway welcome to Bluegrass Lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:21 pm 

Toledo the Home of Jeep :lol: :lol: think thats what it says very time I post! whats that got to do with anything, if he wants the best and lots of experience then here I am :wink:

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sure a 3-4 hour drive, one way. no big deal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:29 am 
LOST Newbie

hey thanks for the offer guys but i was planning on staying a little closer to home. im installing a rusty's full coil and it doesnt seem that hard from what i hear. i just dont want anything to go wrong and not know what to do. im no expert. i just like getting the jeep dirty. thanks again guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:40 am 

3/4 hours is no big deal I have drove that far to help out people and people have drove that far for me to do their lifts

Are you sure you want a Rustys ? make sure you get other shocks theirs are junk, plus it will sag after a while

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:40 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

hhhhhhmmmmmmm Lets see...

4 hours one way, 3 hours install, and another 4 hours back. Also means no beer during the install.

Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

Quote:
Are you sure you want a Rustys ? make sure you get other shocks theirs are junk, plus it will sag after a while

no! im not sure. ive heard ups and downs and its throwing me off. ill probably end up buying wheel spacers and 30in tires instead and put the lift off a few months. any other opinions are greatly appreciated and by the way how the hell do you use quotes?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:04 pm 

245 70X16 is about as big as you can run stock 29.5 inches, also wheel spacers will change the arc of the wheel turning and will make the tire sit out more causing you problems like hitting the pinch weld, when you flex it will hit the flares, etc, spacers are not a good idea unlifted. I know I am killing your dreams here...sorry , Like Joe Friday..just the facts mam!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cubswin1,

All the possibilities for lifting can be confusing. There are a couple of tried and true lifts out there that are designed for the KJ. Tom is correct about the wheel spacers. You kind need to think about going up with the KJ instead of JUST going out with the wheels.

If a lift is important to you and you want to do the best you can for the life of your KJ then you need to look at a good quality suspension lift. Frankenlifts are good. Made of good components, I hear, and can be purchased with the front struts assembled making the install easier. They also tend to be a little on the pricey side.

I lifted my 07 myself. I chose to aquire the necessary parts over time from several different sources. I used Old Man Emu shocks and springs both front and rear. I aquired the strut mounts, strut retainer plates, strut spring insulators and took all of them to a local Ken Towery's tire store and had the struts assembled for 20.00.

By getting the parts from different sources I did have to shell out a bit more in shipping, but I was able to spread the cost out over time. I can post the locations I found for the parts if you like.

It can seam intimidating, I know. I did the same thing you are doing now. But what I found out from here on LOST and through my experiences with my XJ's is that these lifts develop over time. Companies come out with lifts in two different ways.

1. REAL fast to capitalize on the release oif a new vehicle and the early birds who want to customize.
2. through design and testing in conjunction with other possible modifications.

I chose Old Man Emu for the second reason. The shocks, struts and springs are specifically designed for the KJ and are also designed to be used in conjunction with ARB's bull bar up front and even the added weight of a winch. It is not a spacer lift that has shown that they stress certian parts of the stock suspension over time.

You can not believe how good a OME lifted KJ rides and how easy it really can be to install, with some help from other LOSTers.

You get the parts and we will decend upon you in richmond and help ya out. not a big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:01 am 
LOST Newbie

Just joined! Got my '05 Liberty Renegade about a month ago. It's real cool there is a Jeep forum just for KY. I'm in Louisville. :D
-Rod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rod,

Welcome to LOST and BlueGrassLOST!

Check out the web site and send me some pics of your rig and I will get them on asap.

Not a big group but growing all the time.

Again Welcome. Also email me off the site about a BGLOST sticker for your KJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RodG wrote:
Just joined! Got my '05 Liberty Renegade about a month ago. It's real cool there is a Jeep forum just for KY. I'm in Louisville. :D
-Rod

Welcome aboard man.

-Michelin LTX AT2's (P235/70 R16)
-tow hooks (front) D-ring (back)
-graphite tail light guards
-K&N air filter

bluegrasslost member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just got an 06 KJ to replace my totaled Ford Ranger. Other than having to get the cat and u-joints replaced (the cat was still under warranty thankfully), I'm very pleased. Hopefully my KJ will treat me well.

Anyone else here from Lexington?