It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spring Run At DBNF?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So how many KJ's and other 4x4's can we reasonably get to run at DBNF at one time? Is there a vehicle limit on those trails?

I am thinking that if we start planning now or soon then more people will be able to plan it and show up. I am thinking of a Pre-Derby Mud Run or Spring Break Daniel Boone Style....

Promote it with local 4x4 clubs and even stealerships. getting new owners of jeeps and KK's and used KJ's to come out?

Maybe some local vendors to say show up and provide some lunch for us and try to sell us stuff?

In conjuncton with an event going on in Berea. Like the Spring Guild Art Show? Maybe get Tread Lightly to approach the Guild for a booth promoting the organization and our run in DBNF?

Maybe a group rate in a local hotel/motel/campground for a weekend run?

T-Shirts?

Stickers?

Hookers? (woops sorry wrong type of outing) (Just kidding)

Let the chiming begin.....

Date Proposals?

'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:32 pm 
LOST Member

DBNF....Livingston? They have apparently shut it down according to what Moose and others have researched. However one of the guys I work with stopped by on a road trip and was able to play around a bit. He said there was a lot gravel....I never saw gravel there before :?

Anyhow, if you are able to get something set up, I know myself and maybe a couple others that would be game, assuming we can swing the timing.

Jet Stage 2 Chip : '07 Air Intake
Relocated IAT Sensor : '05 HVAC Controls
Front Hitch : EVIC from '01 GC : Custom Rock Rails
Transgo Shift Reprogramming Kit
KC Driving Lights & Aux Backup Lights
.......all GONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:36 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

yes down by the 49er Truck Stop they graveled way back in there maybe 4/5 miles, you could drive a Caddy back there now and never drag at all. They have a lot of areas blocked off so you cant play anymore , areas seeded down and such.

Tom