It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coming to Kentucky
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:36 pm 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

We are going to be flying to Lexington on July 25th for a family reunion (my Mom is from Menifee county). We'll only be there until the 27th, and I won't have the Jeep :cry: , but I thought I'd let y'all know in case someone is around Morehead/Cave Run Lake on Friday the 25th, or around Frenchburg on the 26th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

aww man, didnt even see this. I was in lexington and caverun during that time. Those are the two places Ive spent my summer. :)

If you would of drove around the marina's parking lot you would of seen my jeep. :)

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:28 am 

I came close to the marina when we were there. I drove over to the firetower and saw the new motorized trail-riding regulations around the area. When I lived there, we all got to use all the trails and we seemed to get along just fine without paid licenses and "you can't go here" regulations. Kinda sad, but at least they did it well. The roads leading back into that area are much nicer than they used to be.

I also had to make a stopover at my old shooting range there at Cave Run. Again, regulated. When I lived there, it was nothing but a couple benches, a shanty roof, and a field. You were your own range officer. Now there are bathrooms, lights, an organized parking lot, and (at least when I stopped by) a dedicated range officer.

I guess everything "grows up" at some point, eh?

They completely redesigned Morehead State traffic patterns. The main road that goes through campus doesn't go all the way through campus anymore. Very strange.

Sorry I missed you man. I thought about calling to see if you were free, but our time was so stressed that I didn't even get to call Bill (my buddy that you met). I'm still trying to figure out how to tell him that I was in town and couldn't call him.

Next time we come, I'm going to spend a whole week AND bring my Jeep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yeah, that bypass around morehead has been there for awhile. Really took traffic out of morehead. They put that road in from 64 to the 4 way stop there at the pig out too, that really saves time if youre coming from 64.

That area has really picked up. Not too many weekends go by that the lake isnt packed and twin knobs camp ground isnt full. Ive spent every weekend except for 2 or 3 at caverun this summer. Love that place. :)

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:40 pm 

I love that place too. Kinda sad to me to see it get all busy though. That was one of the things I loved about it. I was one of a very small handful of people that lived in Morehead year-round while I went to school there. When school was out of session, it was like I had the whole area to myself.

Oh well, even with more people, it's still the best place to spend the summer!

Sorry I missed you when I was there. We'll definitely hook up next time I come over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:27 pm 
LOST Member

I grew up in Vanceburg. You guys are making me miss home. :(