It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey kentucky
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Where's everybody at? From what I've seen there's only a couple guys that post in here.
I know there's a ton of wheelin going on in the bluegrass.

If anyone checks this, anybody know a good spot just to get off the pavement for a while. Not really looking to do any serious wheelin but would like to get out in the woods and just drive on some fairly easy road/trails. Trying to get the wife and kids out of the house and into the hills.

Thanks ya'll.
:JEEPIN:

2003 Jeep Liberty 3.7L Auto 4x4

Post subject: Re: Hey kentucky
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:17 pm 
LOST Member

Where abouts in KY are you located? I am up in the NKY area and there isn't much wheeling to be done other than some of the local parks.

Flame Red, 3.7L V6, 42RLE, Command Trac, Mopar Fog Kit, Front Tow Hooks, Mopar Hitch, Mopar Skids, Renegade Rims, Firestone Destination AT's, Pre-lowered Springs, EVIC install, Cobra Ultra 18 Weather band CB Radio.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 am 
LOST Newbie

Currently in Richmond but moving to Georgetown in a few days. Haven't really been out with the KJ since I bought it. Its not really built to handle much right now, and I'm really just looking for some trails to cruise down.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:05 am 
LOST Member

Yeah mine is fairly stock right now as well other than some skids and tow points and I must say these KJ's do pretty well stock. Looks like you are only going to be about an hour or so from where I live, maybe you could join us for one of the many trail rides/wheeling trips we take a few times a year and put your KJ to the test.

Flame Red, 3.7L V6, 42RLE, Command Trac, Mopar Fog Kit, Front Tow Hooks, Mopar Hitch, Mopar Skids, Renegade Rims, Firestone Destination AT's, Pre-lowered Springs, EVIC install, Cobra Ultra 18 Weather band CB Radio.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:50 am 
LOST Newbie

Sounds great. I've been wanting to get out for a while now. I'm looking at adding some tow points soon since it doesn't even have hooks or a hitch. Wanting to add a roof rack soon, lighting, and of course eventually a lift. Its slow going adding things to it now. Big plans but not enough time or money.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:30 pm 
LOST Member

johnny_posc wrote:
Sounds great. I've been wanting to get out for a while now. I'm looking at adding some tow points soon since it doesn't even have hooks or a hitch. Wanting to add a roof rack soon, lighting, and of course eventually a lift. Its slow going adding things to it now. Big plans but not enough time or money.

I'm in the same boat myself, saving up for a lift at the moment but school keeps getting in the way of that. So many things I want to do but not enough time or money :|

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey Johnny,

I live in Somerset, KY. I'm one of the few lifted KJ's in KY and probably the only Female lifted KJ owner in KY (to my knowledge). There are some good trails down the Daniel Boone Natl' Forest. I was just out there a couple weeks ago. Any road that has no gate across it is okay to drive on. There are some spots locally where I live that I go to. I usually go alone (which isn't a good thing). But I have no one here that will join me. Maybe we can pull a few strings and organize a M&G+trail ride somewhere here in KY. Glad to see another LOST Member in KY.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am pretty close to you, I am in Nicholasville. I am ready to do some wheeling.... let me know.

Richard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

rh03kj wrote:
I am pretty close to you, I am in Nicholasville. I am ready to do some wheeling.... let me know.

Richard

I have to wait til it quits raining and dries up abit...

gas is $3.66 now so i doubt ill be doing much offroading

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

For some easy scenic trails/roads get a Gazeter(spelling is weak) it is a set of maps of every road in state,DBF is plum full of gravel,not so well maintained roads/trails they are open to any street legal vehicle. I go to Livingston on occasion, some of the trails are a bit tough on 31" tires. Will be in Richmond this weekend putting wheel bearings,calipers,rotors,maybe ball joints on Libby. pm me for phone # couple places to fool around there,Jigwater,and Boonesboro.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:58 am 
LOST Newbie

oh I know all about Jigwater and Flatrock. Been going down there since high school.

And speaking of calipers, on the way home yesterday my darn front left caliper locked up on me. Burned the whole way down to richmond. I could probably replace it myself, but in the middle of moving this weekend so really dont have the time. And my right front bearing has been whining a little. Guess its off to Jeep then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

How many of you would be interested in getting together to go trail riding? Like in April when it gets warmer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Count me in...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Anyone been to Somernite's Cruise in Somerset, KY?

The first show in April (weather pending) I'll be showing my KJ w/o the front doors :mrgreen:
Who wants to join me?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:03 pm 
LOST Member

blackwidowkj06 wrote:

The first show in April (weather pending) I'll be showing my KJ w/o the front doors :mrgreen:
Who wants to join me?

If I was to join you it wouldn't be with my KJ I would drive our 70 Bug down :BANANA: :pepper:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RedKJ04 wrote:
blackwidowkj06 wrote:

Who wants to join me?

If I was to join you it wouldn't be with my KJ I would drive our 70 Bug down :BANANA: :pepper:

Bring the bug Brian! :BANANA: :BANANA:
I think it was the last Somernite's Cruise of 2010 and I heard a turbo diseil bug....I could swore it sounded like a Cummins diseil!!! People were like. "What that the bug making that noise?" :-)r

Oh and I'll need you down here to help me put the doors back on :mrgreen: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:29 pm 
LOST Member

I plan on making it to at least one of the Somernite's Cruise this year! Herman wants to go as well! :-)r

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:02 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

sweet Bug for sure, very nice!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RedKJ04 wrote:
I plan on making it to at least one of the Somernite's Cruise this year! Herman wants to go as well! :-)r

I hope its one during the summer :-)r

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:50 pm 
LOST Member

blackwidowkj06 wrote:
I hope its one during the summer :-)r

So why would it have to be in the summer?