It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:30 pm 
LOST Member

thats what I thought..... being i just had the rearend drained and flushed a couple of months ago..... but the wife saw it come out...
I reallt thought it was the speedometer cable....but no...

here's the code # the dealer used...
FP # / Description / cost
56041393-AA / Sensor WH 8037155 / $40.93

local Chrysler dealer should be able to tell you.....
all the rest of cost is (labor,fluid,cleanning,sealer)
what ever it was, it controlled the speedometer needle and odometer reading

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yes, the speed sensor is a-top the rear pumpkin.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Adam, All,

Has anyone who has routed the rear differential breather tube up to the fuel tank filler area noticed that the fuel tank breather device is 'only' about 30-31" off the ground? That location puts it at or below where the transfer case and front differential case breathers reach. Has anyone attempted to extend the fuel tank breather up a few inches higher as well? If so what is the diameter of the tubing needed...3/4" or maybe 1"...looks fairly thick...or is that breather sealed due to fuel tank pressurization?

Still having trouble locating my manual transmission breather tube... I have the 6-speed...Anyone know where this one is?

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:12 pm 
LOST Addict

the gas tank tubes/hoses seem about as high as the filler door. I'll look again.

I ran the rear diff tube up along side those fuel lines, so everything is about as high as my filler door, which seems to be closer to 4' than 3'.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AdamIsAdam wrote:
the gas tank tubes/hoses seem about as high as the filler door. I'll look again.

I ran the rear diff tube up along side those fuel lines, so everything is about as high as my filler door, which seems to be closer to 4' than 3'.
Hmmm...I wonder if they changed it at some point? Mine is definitely not that high up.

John
];')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:46 pm 
LOST Member

where on the tranfer case is the breather, I can't see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

See the link near the bottom of the second page of this thread. It leads to an Australian Jeep site and has diagrams of where the various breather tubes originate.

The way I found mine was to lay under the Jeep and run my hand along the driver side of the transmission/transfer case area. It's fairly easy to see and follow to tube once you find it. The tube from the transfer case should end up near the rear of the engine block just below and to the left (when looking from above) of the driver side valve cover/head. It will have a small white or black plastic thing on the end and be attached to a bolt. It can be easily pulled off this bolt. See the photos in some of the earlier posts in this thread.

John
];')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:58 am 
LOST Addict

Kugellager wrote:
The tube from the transfer case should end up near the rear of the engine block just below and to the left (when looking from above) of the driver side valve cover/head. It will have a small white or black plastic thing on the end and be attached to a bolt. It can be easily pulled off this bolt. See the photos in some of the earlier posts in this thread.

John
];')

No, the transfer case breather tube is right near the tranny's dipstick tube. The Tranny's breather (on 42 trannies) is the one attached to the driver's side head.

JeepTales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AdamIsAdam wrote:
Kugellager wrote:
The tube from the transfer case should end up near the rear of the engine block just below and to the left (when looking from above) of the driver side valve cover/head. It will have a small white or black plastic thing on the end and be attached to a bolt. It can be easily pulled off this bolt. See the photos in some of the earlier posts in this thread.

John
];')

No, the transfer case breather tube is right near the tranny's dipstick tube. The Tranny's breather (on 42 trannies) is the one attached to the driver's side head.
I have no tranny dipstick tube...or breather for that matter....;)

John
];')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Yea, I thought about writing "near auto tranny dipstick location, if you have one" but didn't bother.

Hmm, I wonder, in a manual KJ, is the transfer case breather located on the engine where the auto breather would normally go? All seems very ad-hock if you ask me.

JeepTales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:15 am 
LOST Member

3 down one to go :)

I did rear diff, front diff and tranny.....now the tranny one is on the tranny dip stick, but I have read that the trasfer case one comes up to the dipstick area, I don't see one. From the diagram on the link on pg 2 it looks like the TC one is only a few inches long, what is the real deal? I dont feel like getting under the truck it's cold outside right now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:20 am 
LOST Member

unixxx wrote:
Does anybody have any specific type of hose and barbed connectors they recommend? I noticed AdamIsAdam used SAE 30R7 fuel line. Do these tubes need to handle up to any specific temperature? I can get 25 feet of 30R6 on eBay for $8.00. Did you guys just use plastic double barbed joiners? Thanks.

I got 5/16" barbed brass connectors at Parts for Trucks locally for like $1 something each

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:23 am 
LOST Member

AdamIsAdam wrote:
Kugellager wrote:

John
];')

oh I thought the one on the dipstick is the tranny one, cause if you look at the diagram here it looks to be:

but then were does the TC one go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just to note. I should have specified that I have the six-speed manual transmission and ALL my statements refer to where I found my transfer case breather to be located. Mine had a little plastic attachment piece that was stuck over a long bolt that stuck out somewhere where the automatic transmission dipstick would be attached if it was an automatic transmission.

Once again, all my comments refer to where I found my transfer case breather tube and I have a 6-speed manual.

Sorry if I for any confusion I may have caused...not many manual tranny Liberty wheelers here. ;)

John
];')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:08 pm 
LOST Member

anyone....anyone?

if the one I replaced on my tranny dipstick the tranny breather or the tc one? if so where is the other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:13 pm 
LOST Addict

N / A wrote:
oh I thought the one on the dipstick is the tranny one, cause if you look at the diagram here it looks to be:

but then were does the TC one go?

what year is that diagram from? It's different than my 2003.

Either way, just extend them all. :wink:

JeepTales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:57 pm 
LOST Member

what im saying is all I can find it the front diff and rear diff and the one attached half way up the tranny dipstick...where is the last one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:12 pm 
LOST Member

I just got under again in the dark and I can feel one coming out of the transfer case but I can only follow it up between the tranny and the floor. I dont know if the one I extended attached to the tranny dipstick is the TC one or the tranny one. I dont see anythin under the drivers side head area....any one got any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:38 pm 
LOST Addict

what year is your KJ?

JeepTales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:48 am 
LOST Member

I have an '05 CRD with unmodified breathers. I've done water crossings up to the bottom of the floor board, and a few where the head lights dipped under the water line for a just a second (enough to get the bottom of the inside of the air box wet! :shock: ). I was concerned after reading this, so I checked all my fluids (except for my transfer case) and changed my front and rear differential fluids while I was at it. I never found any evidence of water intrusion, although the possibility of this happening scares the bejesus out of me. I am going to buy the hose/barbs tomorrow and crawl up under there . wish me luck, as I am a big guy (6'5", 270 lbs). I'll probable drain and refill the transfer case too, even though Jeep doesn't recommend doing this until something like 90,000 miles; I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

245/75/16 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next