It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Torque Converter Replacement
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

My 2005 CRD went in today to get the tc replaced per the recall. I had not had any of the symptoms but they said it must be done to retain warranty. Recall stated that they would be reducing engine torque to protect new TC and tranny. Anyone know how much reduction is done and if I will not be too happy with this solution? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Torque Converter Replacement
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:42 pm 
LOST Addict

lmjbiker wrote:
My 2005 CRD went in today to get the tc replaced per the recall. I had not had any of the symptoms but they said it must be done to retain warranty. Recall stated that they would be reducing engine torque to protect new TC and tranny. Anyone know how much reduction is done and if I will not be too happy with this solution? Thanks

The rumor is a 5% reduction and then only during critical times such as shift points. The recall is already done on mine and notice more of a refinement in smoothness than a loss in torque. Your satisfaction with the new & improved version depends more on your driving style and subjective perception of the end product. Personally, it meets my expectations and has sufficient power for my driving needs. If you drive yours like a race car, then you may have a different opinion.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject: Torque converter replacement
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks, RFCRD! Got the Jeep back in one day and like you said it shifts alittle smoother, but I really didn't notice the reduction in torque. Anyone know if they put in a stronger tc? The dealership didn't have a whole lot of info on the matter.

Post subject: Re: Torque converter replacement
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:12 pm 
LOST Addict

lmjbiker wrote:
Thanks, RFCRD! Got the Jeep back in one day and like you said it shifts alittle smoother, but I really didn't notice the reduction in torque. Anyone know if they put in a stronger tc? The dealership didn't have a whole lot of info on the matter.

I was told by my service manager that the tc is an improved design and if they replaced the pump, it's an improved design. Keep a watch on your transmission fluid level. There are several reports of being underfilled from the recall service. Sometimes there is a problem with the transmission pump seal not seating correctly to the new tc and leaking causing fluid loss with failure of the new tc. If it starts shifting rough then start looking for leaks.

You need to get off the warranty page and head over to the dark-side, CRD specific forum.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:12 pm 
LOST Member

Just picked up my CRD today, do notice the smoother shifting and do notice the feeling of less torque on accel especially from a stop.

For all those that have had the TC replaced, did anyone elses TCM burn during the reflash by the techinician? Th edealer I took it had it happen to mine and one other CRD. It took 1 1/2 week to get a new TCM due to it being on national backorder.

Post subject: TC fix, not happy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

After driving it for awhile, I notice it doesn't have the punch in acceleration that it used to. Also, the shift points were adjusted as the motor now spends more time in the 2,000 rpm range which seems to result in less gas mileage, last tank was only 18mpg, lowest I've ever had with it. Now I'm wishing I'd have taken the chance and not had it done. Anyway to "un-do" this?

Post subject: Replacement of ECU?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Had the flash and TC replaced in January. They burned the ECU and I have been waiting since then for a replacement. Backordered!! The Jeep now has a dead battery after two days of setting and it runs like a dog. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pertinent information can be found in the CRD section......................

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go