It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magnaflow exhaust discount
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hi guys..

don't know if this is the right place to post this, but i was shopping around for a Magnaflow cat-back and on the front page of www.magnaflowonline.com they claim a discount for car clubs... so i sent them an email inquiring about whether they'd offer the discount to L.O.S.T. members... they replied and said no problem...

so anyway, the regular price for part number 15870 (04-05 Liberty) is $419... which is pretty much the same price everywhere... the discount was $41 so the final price was $378... and shipping is free... :)

I went ahead and ordered it with the coupon code they gave me and my exhaust kit will be here today...

long story short, anyone looking for a Magnaflow cat-back should email the folks at www.magnaflowonline.com and get your L.O.S.T. discount... definately the best price around and a significant savings over other places..

I'll post back after I install my exhaust to give feedback on the sound/power/installation, etc.

Later,

mb818

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:52 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That's cool, thanks. I've added it to my KJ Links and Parts site.

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:23 am 
LOST Member

I installed the Magnaflow a couple of months ago. I have like five or six pics of the install and comparison to the stock exhaust. I can't directly post pics but if someone is willing I will email them the pics so they can post it here. Just don't know how to do it from my end. Sounds great under acc. and better ground clearance too. That's also a fantastic price. Got mine for 400 with no shipping charge. Joe

245/75-16 Revos
Full Armor
Powertrax NoSlip
Magnaflow Exhaust
Way more on the Horizon

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:37 pm 
LOST Member

Send yer pics to me and I will host them.

mrclortho@yahoo.com

L.O.S.T. #006901
Rusty's 2.5" Coil Lift & Diff Skid, 245/75-16 REVO's, K&N
****Grocery Rated****

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks for the info. Very cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AmericanMetal wrote:
I installed the Magnaflow a couple of months ago.

Just out of curiosity, did that installation require any welding?

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:40 pm 
LOST Member

Spike6901, the pics were emailed at 4:30 eastern time. there are a total of 6. Tou may have to rotate some.
Troysterr, no welding involved. It took me no bs about 30 min. to remove and install the new one. The hardest part was taking off the rubber muffler hanger closest to the muffler itself. Other that that it was a piece of cake.
It's pretty quite at idle and part throttle but you do know it's there. Once you punch it you really hear the thing roar. No weary droning effect in the interior either like I've had with past exhaust systems. Hope the pics are helpful once Spike6901 downloads them. Joe

245/75-16 Revos
Full Armor
Powertrax NoSlip
Magnaflow Exhaust
Way more on the Horizon

Post subject: Yer pics
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:57 pm 
LOST Member

All but one that is...

L.O.S.T. #006901
Rusty's 2.5" Coil Lift & Diff Skid, 245/75-16 REVO's, K&N
****Grocery Rated****

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:12 pm 
Thanks mb818 for the heads up!

EDIT: Hmm, magnaflowonline.com URL seems to be dead? I also tried linking to them via the Magnaflow website. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:56 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I know you said that you would post info after the install but I'm impatient. :wink: Have you noticed any 'seat-of-the-pants' differences in power or mpg?

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

haven't installed mine yet... just came UPS today :) don't worry.. i'll post when complete

everything was packed nicely in a single box... looks very nice... believe me, i'm excited about getting this baby slapped on to find out for myself what the difference acutally is :lol:

mb818

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:57 pm 
LOST Member

Hey guys I can't really say it made the jeep that much faster, louder definetly. I'm so used to Big Block Tourque that everything is slow to me now. Go get a big shoe horn and drop in a Hemi.... :lol:

245/75-16 Revos
Full Armor
Powertrax NoSlip
Magnaflow Exhaust
Way more on the Horizon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

well, i got the magnaflow installed yesterday evening and it ended up being one thing after another... first, after i put my jeep on jack stands, i unbolted the stock exhaust and released the hangers and for the life of me i couldn't get the stock muffler and pipe out from under there... it was like a cruel chinese puzzle or something... i'm sure if i could have jacked it up higher or even had it on a lift it would have come out no problem... so i ened up cutting the tail pipe off just after the muffler to get it out...

on to the install... went smooth... but i had to cut a little plastic off of the back bumber because no matter what i wiggled and adjusted the exhaust tip always touched the bumper...

went for a drive and an annoying rattle developed... still have to get under there to see what it is, but i'm thinking it's where the tail pipe comes very close to my Hidden Hitch bracket on the forward most corner... not sure what i'm going to do there, but worse comes to worse i'll drop the exhaust again and grind down the hitch bracket a little for extra clearence..

other than that, it sounds great... very sporty sound, but nowhere near sounding like a "Japanese vehicle" or anything like that... got my wife's approval (except for the rattle)...

there's definately better throttle response which was noticeable right away... i'll post back later on any mileage gains if any and what i find is causing the rattle...
we only drove around town a couple times to listen to it and when the rattle started, we headed home and i called it quits for now... i'll probably look at it again tonight after work/golf :lol:

mb818

Post subject: High end RPM Help
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:34 am 
LOST Newbie

You will see a major difference in your high end RPMs with the Magnaflow--espically around 3500 RMSPMs. The low end RPMs wasn't that noticiable..

Just a jeeper now but at one time there was nothing but LIBERTY!!! L.O.S.T. #297
Co-Founder of Lost Rockies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

just wanted to update everyone on the Magnaflow... i was able to cut a small corner of metal off my Hidden Hitch which took care of the rattle I talked about in my previous post...

and, I really love this exhaust... sounds real nice... my friends all agree as well... and even my wife commented about it having more get up and go for passing and such so i'm very pleased...

plus, mileage has improved about 1.5 - 2 mpg over stock... which is worth it to me as an added benefit to the sound and power...

mb818

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:36 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm not quite sure why all you guys are spending the money on the cat backs.... Our stock exhausts measured diameter (outer) is 2.5" which means inner diameter is approximately 2.375" (2-3/8"). I measured an ordered a standard Magnaflow muffler from a discount shop online for $72 shipped to my door, and had Midas weld it up for $50. $122 all said and done. Why change all the other piping? Who really cares if it's stainless, the rest of the undercarriage isn't, and neither are the headpipes. Now I have the spectacular sound, and DID notice an acceleration difference with the Mag muffler... If anyone needs a part number I can get it for you. I called Magnaflow and confirmed that this muffler is the same part number as in the Cat Back kit, just $350 less..... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Magnaflow Cat-Back 15870............ $378
Magnaflow Muffler......................... -$72
Having shop weld it up.................. -$50

Difference................................... ($256)

Having the satisfaction of wrenching on the Jeep........ PRICELESS
(plus, i really like the mean look of that stainless exhaust tip)

mb818

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

No offense intended of course, but my train of thought is:

That tip is one more thing to clean, and it may hurt the departure angle.

$256 is a used Powertrax on Ebay...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

no offense taken...

and my exhaust tip sticks out no further than my hidden hitch receiver anyway...

i'm always out to save a buck to an extent... the reason for starting this thread in the first place was to share news of the discount that magnaflowonline.com extended to the LOST KJ community...

there's already been discussions regarding replacing the muffler only or getting a cat-back kit and everybody is going to do what they want regardless... it's always a matter of opinion...

mb818