It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bunce School Road / IronClad Trail PHOTOS
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:58 am 
LOST Junkie

Hey all, decided to create a new thread for the pictures!
Great to meet and greet everyone today, its nice to know that there are more modded kjs and enthusiasts out there. Wish I could have stayed on the trail with you guys, but work called and i need to make some money or those tires i roasted off trying to get up the obstacle...learned my lesson about airing down! Embarassed the stock Rene made it up without a problem haha :oops: i will have to get more of those runs under my belt.

Loved the trail and hope to go up there again...looks like there's a whole maze of trail in that area..im excited to explore more...cant wait for the next meet...i think having it on a sunday would be better for me because thats my official day off.

Thanks for everything guys and girls see you soon!

Alright those are all my shots...now lets see what i missed guys!

Tint
Rusty's 2.5" Suspension
245/75/16 BFG AT KO's
16x8 Big Hoss XD Series Rims
Limited Edition Wheel Cover
Coleman Roof Rack
3-D cell maglite and mount
Mopar Cross Rails
Ebay seat covers with jeep embroidery.
K&N air filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:15 am 
I live here
I live here

Our lineup at the end.

We had a total of 14 KJ's and 1 XJ show up for the trail! That is by far, our largest LOST Rockies event ever!

Two KJ's stayed at the meeting place and the drivers rode along. So, we had 12 KJ's on the trail and the 1 XJ (Rock Lizard).

In this picture, Skyjump136 and RkyMtnKJ had to leave early so we only show 10 KJ's and the XJ.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:55 am 
LOST Addict

Great line up picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Had a great time on the trail.Really good turnout!!!!!! Great to finally meet alot more of you.Big super thanks to the 3 that hung off the side of my KJ keeping it from rolling when I picked a stupid line,man that was some loose stuff.I only got a few pics of the end line up,sucks being in the back of the pack.
And this is why you air down,look at that tire wrap around that rock(I'm at 16psi cold).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:31 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

great run. We actually did Iron Clads, not Bunce School. This was a great run to see how long trails take with a lot of vehicles 13!!!!
My boy was the picture taker, he did good, but a few, there are some strange zoom shots of fenders and rock rails only.... Then again, those are at his hieght. Definetly a different perspective!. Here are a few of the better ones.

Take a close look in the tailgate
The rest are all of different lines up the tough loose hill
Look whats that? its.... Tokyo Joe!!!
Glad MTRs have thick side walls... now I have gouged the inside of the wheel too!
And a couple frontals of the line up.

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Lets get all our runs to be like this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:08 pm 
I live here
I live here

Edited subject line to include Ironclad since that actually was the trail we completed.

Storyline:

Saturday 9 June 2007.

8:00am scottyslibby, KJ4ME, and Nails023 met at my place. We left for Boulder at 8:15.

Ted (USAFCOP) calls me right when we pull out and tells me where he is and that Rock Lizard, tjkj2002, Skyjump136, and KW_AV8R are with him. They are coming from the CO Springs area. I lead the way for my group of four and set a speed that I think will get the Springs guys caught up with us.

After getting onto I-270, I call USAFCOP and find out that they are almost to the I-25 & SR36 connection. The speed limit is 65 but I keep my group at 55 and tell USACOP to drive the speed limit.

After a few miles, they catch up to us and we have a convoy of 9 vehicles (8 KJ's and an XJ) making our way to Boulder. We get to the designated meeting place (Stabucks) at 9:04am ( meet time was 9:00am, so we did great for driving 10mph under the speed limit).

Already waiting for us at Starbucks were (definites: RkyMtnKJ, quivvy, Green Renegade, Weegie5, and Denverdad). Correct me if I am wrong but were BoulderKJ and Regen there? So many new people and we focused mostly on real names and no so much on forum names. With 9 arriving, two people doing a ride-along, that I knew of (KJ4ME and Weegie5), we had 12 KJ's and an XJ on the trail ( 2 known ride-alongs for a total of 15 vehicles) so that should have been six KJ's waiting at Starbucks.....anyways.....

We juiced up the KJ's, grabbed some grub, introduced each other, stared and asked about each other's KJ's, and headed out for the trail around 9:45am.

The trail was supposed to be Bunce School Road first and then Ironclads, but we ended up doing Ironclad. A challenge for the more stock-rated KJ's. Some great challenging spots for the steroid-level KJ's made it fun and the by-passes had some challenge for the others.

The rocks were very loose and the dirt even more loose making getting up the hills a nice new challenge.

A few extremely tippy spots and chances for some big body scarring for a couple people, but from what I can tell, nobody went away with trail damage.

Great spotting and patience helped.

The end of the trail had a great view of Long's Peak (a 14,000+ ft peak) and a meal break was taken. After holding a meeting, we turned around and headed down the trail. Much easier until we hit the tippy spots and a stump that seemed to move into the way of one of the KJ's at the same time, another KJ was in need of some leeches (3) hanging onto its side so it wouldn't tip or slide into a tree.

After that, it was basically uneventful.

We got to the trailhead and we formed up for a group shot. Unfortunately better pictures couldn't be taken since a bunch of rental ATV's arrived and parked in the way.

A few folks left as we aired up and chatted. The rtest of us left to go back to Boulder/Starbucks to drop off one of the ride-a-longs and to finish airing up all of the way (YES! Free air at that gas station!). We got back there somewhere around 6pm.

Some went to eat together and a few headed home. I got home and washed the Jeep around 7:30pm.

Looking forward to seeing all those pictures from KJ4ME to tell the story more visually.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU THAT MADE IT OUT WITH LOST ROCKIES FOR THE FIRST TIME. WE HOPE IT ISN'T YOUR LAST.

I hope that trail didn't scare anyone off. Everyone did great considering we did not do the easier trail. I am sure everyone, including the steroid KJ owners, learned something new about their KJ, other KJ's, and feel more confident about their KJ's capabilities.

Next trail this month will be the scenic easy trail.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I updated the L.O.S.T. Rockies Trail Runs Index to reflect todays run and the Cascade Creek run as well. Looks like we are off to a good start.

I wish I could have been there as it looks like it was a fun trail. Just been too busy getting my house ready to sell. I have my A-arms and F/R ARB's waiting to be put on but have no time right now. :cry:

Let me know if I missed any of the Colorado runs or the Utah runs...or any official L.O.S.T. Rockies trail runs for that matter.

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It was great to finaly get on a trail with everyone. I had a great time and thanks to all the spotters helping everyone get through with no serious damage. I am looking forward to the next trail. Talk to everyone soon.

Frankenlift,MOABS,Mopar Roof Basket, Pet Partition, Neoprene seat covers,Flowmaster Deltaflow 50,PIAA 580 series Fogs, Rusty's Gas Tank skid, Rock Lizard Skink Sliders (Soon to be installed diff cover and Monitor Front Bumper)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2056418

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:04 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks guys for letting us stockers come along. I had a great time other than my case of "I didn't think it was that close" with the stump. Thanks a lot all you guys that got us out without any damage. Hopefully we can make it down for some more runs with you guys this summer.

Frankenlift, Al's Arms
245/75R16 KM2s on Moabs with Monster Valves
ARB Bull Bar, WARN M8000 winch, IPF 900XS driving lights
Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Super Skink Sliders, and roof rails
Defender Roof Rack
Powertank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:25 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Green Renegade wrote:
Thanks guys for letting us stockers come along. I had a great time other than my case of "I didn't think it was that close" with the stump. Thanks a lot all you guys that got us out without any damage. Hopefully we can make it down for some more runs with you guys this summer.
Glad you could come,hope to see you on some more runs if/when you can make it again from WY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks everyone for a great ride on Saturday! This was my first time running with a group, so I was a little apprehensive at first. But I ended up having a really good time and look forward to riding with you folks again! :D

Although I still enjoy exploring on my own, it is apparent that things like learning to choose the best lines, learning to be a good spotter, and recovery techniques, will come a lot faster doing these group rides (not to mention the obvious safety and camraderie benefits). The coolest part though was being able to make my way up a harder trail than I normally would have even attempted - and probably shouln't have attempted alone!

It is going to take me a while to figure out which usernames belong to which of you. But in case you were still wondering, I was the "other" dark green '06 Renegade in the group (the one without the cute co-pilot or cat!).

Jeff