It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yet another recall is coming! HVAC blower motor fire
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

this is according to AP
NEWS: Chrysler recalls nearly 500,000 vehicles

WASHINGTON - March 9, 2007 -- After dozens of reports of fires in Dodge Durango and Jeep Liberty sport utility vehicles, DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group recalled nearly 500,000 vehicles Friday.

The automaker was also recalling 149,605 Jeep Liberty SUVs from the 2006-2007 model years to fix the heating-ventilation-air conditioning blower motor. Chrysler had received a dozen reports of fires from Liberty owners.
There were no crashes or injuries reported in connection to the recalls, Chrysler said.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration had opened defect investigations involving the Durango and Liberty.

In the Liberty recall, Gates said the blower motors could fail if the air conditioning is being used on high during hot weather.

Drivers who smell an odor such as overheated plastic should keep their blower motor below the highest setting until they bring their vehicle in for service, Chrysler said. Liberty owners are expected to receive notices about the recall in May.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:52 pm 
LOST Addict

Okay gang, the early bird is going to catch the worm… or in this case get a blower motor to fix the G03 recall on their ‘06 or ‘07 Liberty.

This may be old news for those that went through a prior recall, but it was news to me. I did some checking on parts availability (blower motors) for recall G03. Chrysler is limiting how many blower motors a dealership can order a week, in this case it's TWO per week until such time as supply catches up with demands.

I found out that the dealership where I bought my KJ already had five people in line to get a blower (after being told earlier today they knew nothing of a recall). I would have been #6, or three weeks down on the waiting list. The dealership where I bought my TJ already had three in stock and I am the first to be scheduled in to replace the blower motor.

If you own an ’06 or ’07 KJ, I wouldn’t wait on your letter to come in the mail if you want your blower motor fixed in a timely matter. You can check if your vehicle is covered by the recall at:

http://www.jeep.com/owners/index.html

and if it is, call your dealer, give them the information and get on the waiting list. And, as Dave mentioned in another thread on this topic, you DO NOT have to wait for a notification letter. You may even have to give them the information on the recall.

Good luck....

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:17 am 
LOST Junkie

If I was in the market for a KJ, I'd go for the 2005 model. I think they look great and don't seem to have as many problems as '06-'07 ones.

General Tire Grabber AT2 245/70R16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:42 pm 
LOST Member

Got my RECALL on the blower today "Safty Recall G03 " The blower motor on your vehicle (VIN JA4GLxxxxxxxxxxxx) mayover heat and cause an interior fire under certain operating conditions.

and I have an 06 :roll:

Off-Road Package,
Rock Rails,
Tow Package, Factory Tow Hooks Front.
Rear Hitch Tow Hook,
750 Watt Inverter,
Cobra 25 WX CB Radio W/ a Cobra HG-M75 Power Mic
Cobra 100 Watt CB Magnet Mount Antenna - HG-A1000
Garmin nuvi 265T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:02 pm 
LOST Member