It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:05 am 
LOST Newbie

Sorry Guys, but I have to back out. Shoni is worn out from all the overtime she's been working, and I've got a cold. Just not a good time to spend 7 hours in the jeep. We'll just have to catch the next trip.

Frankenlift, Al's Arms
245/75R16 KM2s on Moabs with Monster Valves
ARB Bull Bar, WARN M8000 winch, IPF 900XS driving lights
Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Super Skink Sliders, and roof rails
Defender Roof Rack
Powertank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:25 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My heart will be with you guys..................................................Have fun!

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:26 am 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Wow, that was a long trip!!! Good run. Now lets see some pics...

Trail was easy most of the way, until upoi hit the climbs. We made it up everything until a real steep loose dirt and rock hill. First up was me, I got stuck almost imediately, and had to turn on both lockers, then Troy helped me with the right line, and I slid off of the rock, and guess what... Air hisses immediately as my valve stem was ripped in half... So I made it all the way to the top and Troy and I changed the tire. (The bead did not break, even after climbing the rest of the hill, about 75 feet. Amazing how much traction you will have with a flat tire :? )
Next was TokyoJoe... Well, he had to be winched up as he is open, except trash lock, but we all know that really means open.
Then JL Rockies, all I can say is the ESP works, almost acted like a locker, and as long as he kept the turbo spooled up, the diesle did him well, and after several spots he made it up. Troy had to go around to winch TokyoJoe.

This was a fun trail, so lets show everyone else.

Oh ya, Final elevation was 12270 ft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:03 am 
LOST Addict

I made it to Pagosa Springs. I hit some rain on the way so I got a free pressure wash. I thought I would check here and see a link to the pics, but you know what they say: "Pay peanuts, get monkies".

KJ4ME, if you could fit it into your busy schedule, it would be great to see the pics.

:D

I am glad I went with you guys and the I managed to keep the shiney side up.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:57 am 
LOST Junkie

uhhhh sir, i dont think you've used photobucket since they've been purchased by FOX interactive media... its super slow and i got 415 pictures; you can only upload 20 at a time... :lol:

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Like Ted said,nice and easy trail until the last mile/mile and a half was real fun!JL Rockies did a awesome job,your KJ looks really good now with that lift and MT/R's.To bad I had to winch you up that steep,loose hill climb Dave,it just didn't like you I guess.Can't wait to see your pics KJ4ME since I only snapped 3 pics myself and Ted snapped the rest with my camera.To bad about the valve stem Ted,well at least it was just a valve stem,stupid MOAB's :twisted: ,figured they would set those things a little further inboard!

Well here are some of my pics(that Ted took mostly):
Some real nice views from the top at 12,000+ feet:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:23 am 
LOST Addict

KJ4ME wrote:
uhhhh sir, i dont think you've used photobucket since they've been purchased by FOX interactive media... its super slow and i got 415 pictures; you can only upload 20 at a time... :lol:

That's some weak sauce.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:04 pm 
LOST Junkie

i wish i didnt move from colorado. id go in a heart beat. if you meet at Bradleys they have great marg's across the street. food's not to bad either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:04 am 
I live here
I live here

In my defense, I did make it up 95% of that hill. I just took the regular trail line and suffered the loose rock and ditch slide and you kept having me roll down to try to get a better line but made it worse and so I became really stuck at about the halfway mark.

Just remember, we gave Joseph a good line after we learned which line to stay away from.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:20 pm 
LOST Addict

I am thinking that next time, I will try to air down to 10 PSI instead of the 15 PSI I ran with. Maybe it will help get traction better in the soft stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:54 pm 
I live here
I live here

10 is mighty low. We (Troy and I) ran 16 psi only because we missed stoppping at 18 psi.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military