It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Throwing in the towel
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:41 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Being constantly behind on orders and too much drama in the personal life, so I have decided it's time to shut it down for awhile. It isn't a permanent thing, just for a little while to get caught up on back orders and work on some new stuff I have been putting off for too long. If you have an order already in or an install scheduled, that is still going to happen, I'm just taking some time off from taking new orders.

If you planned on ordering something, have a tax return coming that needs to be spent, whatever, I am taking orders up until Friday, February 15. It will most likely be early summer before I start taking orders again. That will give me time to start with a clean slate, and front bumpers will be rolling by then. I'm just tired of being behind all the time, getting where I think I will get something done, then something happens and knocks me back again, and the excuses for delays are getting rediculous, even if they are legit. It's not fair to my customers, and the constant working and time away from family isn't fair to them either. I need to re-evaluate and reorganize the business to make it better and more efficient.

As many of you may know, the last few months have been a real kick in the junk, with a shop move that went bad, cost some money and a lot of down time, a death in the family and being sick for too long, and I just don't know any other way to catch up from those set backs. I have to do what is right for my family, my customers, and myself, so it's time to concentrate on catching up on the current orders and get the new stuff into production. I will not start up again until all orders are completed and the new products are in production. I know some of you have been patiently waiting on rear bumpers, sliders, roof racks and front bumpers, so I have to get those orders done. Moab Safari is coming up in two months, and I now a lot of current orders are needed well before then. Another reason for no more orders and catchup time is Troy got a job offer with a military contractor that pays three times better than I do and is tax free, so he will probably be leaving for Iraq sometime in March if he gets the job (they don't call and offer the job unless you are already almost 100% hired for sure, so I'm pretty sure he's going). Ted ships out for Iraq the end of February for atleast 8 months, so with those two gone, I'm on my own again, so I'm pretty motivated to get all of my current orders done before they leave.

So, if you have a rear bumper, sliders and roof bars and you have been waiting several months already, expect those real soon. Please, everyone with an order in, don't panic and think I am just stopping today and not going to work on anything. I am still working like I have been to get things done, just not going to be constantly loaded down with new orders constantly rolling in. If you have tried to contact me on status of an order, I apologize for not getting back to you.

I have some more rear bumpers coming from the manufacturer in the next 6 to 8 weeks that haven't been spoken for yet, so here's the last chance to order one for about six months. No more orders for front bumpers until they are in production. Sliders and roof bars/racks, same as the rear bumpers, after the 15th, no more orders for awhile.

I have had several really cool product ideas on the drawing board for too long and want to get those going, but can't even start on them until current orders are finished and front bumpers are in production. I have atleast four really cool new products that I want to get going, and the new KK is hurting for products as well, so it's time for me to get things done and do them right. I think my company has a pretty good reputation except for the constant delays and turn around times, so I need to get caught up before I dig a bigger hole and lose everything I have worked so hard for.

I thank everyone on this board for their support, business, and most of all your patience. Honestly, it's all this boards fault that I am too busy to keep up and even had to drop my entire Cherokee product line just to devote more time to the Liberty guys. So, you have definately not put me out of business, it's a matter of too much business that I was not ready to handle. So thank you for working my butt off.:D I promise when I come back, you guys will have some really cool new stuff to drool over and swear at me that you have to start saving money again.

On another note, if anyone is trying to reach Troy, his computer crashed a few weeks ago, completely trashed, so he doesn't get much computer time anymore. Occassionally he will jump on my computer or the one at his apartment complex, but he only does it maybe once a week.

Thanks again to everyone on this board for your understanding and support.

Marty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:50 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

As much as you have done and had go on, you need a break for sure, you have quality products and everyone will wait if they want the best. You have supported the KJ folks all this time so now we can support you and wait for more great products to come out in a few months!

We wont leave you as my RL piggy bank still is getting coins every day for some of your products :wink: :wink:
Do keep in touch and we all wondered what the heck happened to Troy , thought he was mad at us!!!

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:02 pm 
LOST Addict

we totally understand, dont worry about it! you gotta do what you gotta do, right? dont stress yourself out too much man, its not good, take it easy and good luck with everything! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dang i need to push up my order for a roof rack, before I have to wait till summer.... time to start begging the financial officer :roll: Man I sure hope my rear bumper will be ready for Moab..... :wink: But seriously Thanks Marty for all you do and have done.

other mods coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:52 pm 
LOST Addict

I may not have a KJ anymore but I still like to check in and see what cool stuff you come up for the Liberty(s). Even though you won't be taking new orders for a while doesn't mean you can't come on here every once in a while and let us pick your brain for stuff. :) Good luck with everything.

2005 Wrangler Unlimited not so stock
L.O.S.T. #082670
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803306
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399643
More mods planned than money.
-----------------

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Take care Marty! I'll set on pins and needles, but I'll be here. :D

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:07 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I was going to put an order in in March but I'll wait till your caught up not a problem...I can wait, got other stuff to buy anyways

Marty take one day at a time , lifes too short, we're pullin for ya

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:46 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for the update Marty ... much appreciated.

Skink super sliders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:56 pm 
LOST Addict

Thank you for everything that you do Marty. I can wait a little longer for my sliders too! Take your time and push through!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We will all still be here when you get back...don't get L.O.S.T. on the way back.

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

if u EVER need help keeping up all ur orders i am a certified welder that will have my degree in welding / metal fab. this year. i would be more than happy to help!! im am curantly awaiting a reply on my application to Borla. they are opening a new shop in my area and came by my college welding shop the other week. If this falls threw i will still be looking for a good job :D keep up the good work guys. u run an outstanding business!!!

pioneer cd/aux with Zune mounted on dash; uniden cb with 4' K40 antenna
xeon lights; grill inserts; black wheels; 245/75/16s MTRs
#1281 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2967585/1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:22 pm 
Good luck Marty! Good thing I'm broke or I'd just add to your work load :lol: I'm disappointed not to be a part of your burden though, you and Troy make some killer stuff.

Post subject: Keep in Touch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:10 am 
LOST Addict

If you need any help in the paper work department or even gofer work, I'm in Lakewood and would be willing to come down and lend a hand. My minor in school was accounting, I'm also well versied in inventory control and purchaseing. I can even twist a wrench on good back days. If I can help in any way shape or form, I'm at your service.
David

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:17 am 
LOST Member

well at least you know that you doing something right if your so far behind. I mean if people are still buying stuff knowing its going to take them a long time to get it. Your stuff must be worth the wait for sure.

coming soon: Corbeau Moab seats, JBA 6"lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:14 am 
LOST Newbie

Good luck Marty, and thanks for getting my bumper and all the accessories in the mail for me. Packing them up for shipping was a pain in the keester, I'm betting, and I really appreciate your effort and the detail in the instructions. I'll post pics when install is complete. I hope the down time gives you the recharge you are looking for.

Steve

2005 CRD Limited, ARB bumper, Frankenlift II, ORM, Aero Turbine 2525, Suncoast+TransGo, InMotion ECU reflash, RockLizard, Cragar Soft 8's, Green Diamond Icelander A/T 265/70/17's, Gibson snorkel, fording extensions on diffs n transmission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:29 am 
LOST Newbie

Peace, Strength, Courage and Wisdom To You Marty.

"Life Is What Happens When You're Making Other Plans." John Lennon

I think most of us can relate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wish I was closer to lend a hand. Good luck MArty and KUTGW!

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:09 am 
LOST Junkie

When I saw the thread title and thread author my initial reaction was... :shock: ...not Marty. Upon reading the details though I fully understand where you are coming from...Please take some time to recharge you body and mind...then come back with some more great stuff.

LOST#99, Mid-Atlantic LOST
Blue 2003 KJ Sport

RL Super Skinks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I thought the same thing! :lol: "Oh no!!!" It sounds like he could use some more help that's for sure.

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
As much as you have done and had go on, you need a break for sure, you have quality products and everyone will wait if they want the best. You have supported the KJ folks all this time so now we can support you and wait for more great products to come out in a few months!

We wont leave you as my RL piggy bank still is getting coins every day for some of your products :wink: :wink:
Do keep in touch and we all wondered what the heck happened to Troy , thought he was mad at us!!!

Tom
I'm not mad at anyone,my laptop took a dump so no more internet.

Like Marty said I'm most likely going to Iraq for another year as a military contractor making $90,000+,couldn't pass that up to help reinvest in Rock Lizard Fab and get a few other needed personal items.I'll be checking in from time to time.The SFA is on standby while all the parts and the KJ go into storage till mid march of '09.