It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Interior Lights ON/OFF
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:48 pm 
LOST Member

Hello,

Can anyone help with this? I copied and pasted below, my original message that I posted in the "General" Forum. A few guys replied thinking it is the turn signal switch and another had a main wiring harness melt under the hood. Does it just sound as though my doors may not be shut tight or the rear gate/glass door?? How can I identify if it is a wiring issue? Can a dealer or mechanic identify it?? Maybe it is nothing, but now I am worried based on a few of the replies.

From time to time, my interior lights will come on in the Jeep, then go off. Would this be due to a door or the glass hatch not being fully closed? It doesn't say "open door", etc. on my information center. I thought also maybe it could be the dial on my light control stick, where you can turn on the interior lights by rotating the dial, as if maybe it was rotated in between off and on. I have had my Jeep for 4 months since buying it used, and the previous owner, who is a friend of mine, said is was likely a door or gate that was not totally shut, and the interior light may flash on and off when the door jiggled or when you hit a bump. It has only happend maybe 3 or 4 times only once each time. It happened today, so I got out and shut all the doors and gate again, and it didn't come on/off again. Just wondering if I should be concerned or not. Having kids, the doors don't always get shut tight. Thanks for the help!!

Infinity Sound System/6-Disc CD Changer
Class 4 Trailer Hitch
Husky Front/Rear Liner Mats
Husky Rear Cargo Liner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:31 pm 
LOST Member

This has happened to mine as well. Whenever it happens i just touch the turn signal arm and it turns off.

2002 Liberty, salsa red
1997 Wrangler, dark green

PSN ID: David_Lucas (Burnout: Paradise, Battlefield: Bad Company/Bad Company2)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:57 pm 
LOST Member

"David Jr", how often would this happen to you?? Does the interior lights go on and off once, then that 's it, or what do they do?? I know on mine, it has only happened 3-4 times in the last four months, since I bought the Jeep. It just comes on once, then goes off. I am going to experiment tomorrow, and lightly shut some of the doors/gate, and see if it comes on when I drive. Have you done anything about it?? I would think if a harness where melting or something, that there would be more erratic activity with the lights coming on and off. It worries me.....what are your thoughts? Maybe nothing to get excited about. Read my other thread in the General forum about the same thing, and see the other guys responses.

Infinity Sound System/6-Disc CD Changer
Class 4 Trailer Hitch
Husky Front/Rear Liner Mats
Husky Rear Cargo Liner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:31 pm 
LOST Member

It's been doing it since it was new. Mine does it on a random basis for random durations.

2002 Liberty, salsa red
1997 Wrangler, dark green

PSN ID: David_Lucas (Burnout: Paradise, Battlefield: Bad Company/Bad Company2)

Post subject: Mine does it also
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:51 am 
LOST Addict

My '02 Sport 3.7L 4x4 has done it from time to time if I hit a bump or serious dip in the road. I do notice that if I have the dimness ring on the turn signal all the way up it does it more often if I turn the ring back just a notch no problems works like light are supposed to. I think the ring switch is just a little sensitive, try turning back a click and see if it clears up. :idea: :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:12 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Are you guys still having this problem? My cargo area dome light flashed on the other day when my turn signal switch clicked back into place after making a turn. Just wondering if it could be the same problem.

-Michelin LTX AT2's (P235/70 R16)
-tow hooks (front) D-ring (back)
-graphite tail light guards
-K&N air filter

bluegrasslost member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:23 pm 
LOST Member

These electronic issues are rather common as I understand. It was posted here somewhere that it may be the switch mechanism will need replacing.

Mine still does it but it is out of warranty and DC would not goodwill it... as long as it does not drain the battery, I live w/ it. Usually if I adjust the dimness, back and forth it resets it.

We had a fleet of KJ's and some did this while others the headlights would turn on and then off by themselves w/ nobody in them :shock:

....o_o_o_o
../| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L--↨|||||||↨
()_)¯ ()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

(\__/)
(='.'=) <]{
(")_(")

( . )( . )

Hare on my Chest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:51 am 
LOST Newbie

My interior lights go on/off when when the regulation of the lights of the dasher (radio display, and lights of the different indicators) is at its high position. If I turn it lower the self on/off of the interior lights disappears