It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:51 pm 
LOST Addict

I'd like one but withour the winch mount.
Everytime someone comes up with a bumper for the KJ the price is always over $600

On the prowl for an M416/M101/M100 trailer
L.O.S.T. Member 2877

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:03 pm 
LOST Addict

Is anyone else feeling a strange sense of Deja Vu?

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm 
LOST Addict

I don't plan on running a winch so a really compact smaller sized front bumper with shackle mounts and a place to mount at least 2 fog or off rod lights is the way to go for me. Something with great approach angles and that is nice and tough but not the behemoth that the ARB is. I know I said a nice integrated winch plate would be cool earlier but I don't want all that extra weight on my KJ now that I think about it and I have yet to run into a situation a recovery strap couldn't handle. There is always a first I guess. To be honest I'd do my best to fab one up just like Terry's (Fulltimer) with all the chopping he has done to his.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:38 pm 
LOST Addict

JL Rockies wrote:
Is anyone else feeling a strange sense of Deja Vu?

Every freaking time a thread is started about a KJ front bumper.

On the prowl for an M416/M101/M100 trailer
L.O.S.T. Member 2877

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:56 pm 
LOST Addict

incubusmike wrote:
I don't plan on running a winch so a really compact smaller sized front bumper with shackle mounts and a place to mount at least 2 fog or off rod lights is the way to go for me. Something with great approach angles and that is nice and tough but not the behemoth that the ARB is. I know I said a nice integrated winch plate would be cool earlier but I don't want all that extra weight on my KJ now that I think about it and I have yet to run into a situation a recovery strap couldn't handle. There is always a first I guess. To be honest I'd do my best to fab one up just like Terry's (Fulltimer) with all the chopping he has done to his.

I kind of like that idea. There really isn't a smaller non-winch bumper for the KJ. We got the ARB and RL winch bumpers, but those are really heavy. I like the idea of a simple bumper with the two shackle mounts, a reciever hitch, and maybe a option of a grill guard. :)

245/75-16 Mastercraft Courser HSX, 16x7 Cragar, 2" OME MD Lift, ARB Bumper
AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler

Currently working on: Full service on transmission & bed-lining ARB bumper

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=84650

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeepkj02 wrote:
incubusmike wrote:

I kind of like that idea. There really isn't a smaller non-winch bumper for the KJ. We got the ARB and RL winch bumpers, but those are really heavy. I like the idea of a simple bumper with the two shackle mounts, a reciever hitch, and maybe a option of a grill guard. :)

you just described mine 8) real simple design with 2 shackle mounts and Im about to finish up a reciever hitch and grille guard and it only weighs 48#

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:44 pm 
LOST Addict

I've never seen a RL winch bumper, to my knowledge, it has not been designed yet. What he had been making, is exactly what you're asking for.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeepkj02 wrote:
incubusmike wrote:

Got one in the works,a extreme high clearance steel recovery bumber,no winch,no reciever,just 2 shackle tabs.

Quote:
Maximum Carnage

I'd like one but withour the winch mount.
Everytime someone comes up with a bumper for the KJ the price is always over $600

Steel ain't cheap,neither is someones time to cutout and assemble the darn things,let alone the time it takes to design one in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:48 pm 
LOST Addict

So this smaller high clearence RL bumper is going to be over $600? Sounds perfect except for the price.

Looks like I'm probably still going to have to do this myself. I love the fabtech prerunner style bumpers for the TJ. I'd like to figure out a way to copy that design and make it work for my KJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

incubusmike wrote:
So this smaller high clearence RL bumper is going to be over $600? Sounds perfect except for the price.

Looks like I'm probably still going to have to do this myself. I love the fabtech prerunner style bumpers for the TJ. I'd like to figure out a way to copy that design and make it work for my KJ.
Price is yet to be set,looking at the $600 range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 pm 
LOST Addict

If you fellas can get her in at around 5, now you're taking. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

incubusmike wrote:
If you fellas can get her in at around 5, now you're taking. :wink:
That depends on the cost of steel,and it ain't getting any cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Why is the one for the XJ being sold at $349?

245/75-16 Mastercraft Courser HSX, 16x7 Cragar, 2" OME MD Lift, ARB Bumper
AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler

Currently working on: Full service on transmission & bed-lining ARB bumper

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=84650

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 pm 
LOST Addict

jeepkj02 wrote:

Never even noticed that. good question. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeepkj02 wrote:
Easier to fab,less material,and less time building the simple XJ bumbers.It's not easy fabbing up a good looking and funtional bumber for a KJ because you need to make 2 of them,one for the '02-'04's and one for the '05-'07's and they require more complicated mounting then what a XJ needs which equals more steel and time.

Comparing a XJ to a KJ is the apple to oranges comparison when it comes to aftermarket stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:01 pm 
LOST Addict

I'd still like to see pretty much an exact copy of what Fulltimer did to his. You could ad the shackle tabs on the square flat parts that are on the sides of where the license plate is supposed to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

incubusmike wrote:
I'd still like to see pretty much an exact copy of what Fulltimer did to his. You could ad the shackle tabs on the square flat parts that are on the sides of where the license plate is supposed to go.
The shackle tabs will be directly inline with where the OEM tow hooks go,have 2 intergrated fog lamps,possible seperate mounting base and outer skin,and will have a "pre-runner" style mini-skid from the bottom to the bottom of the radiator support.Hopefully will weigh around 35lbs-45lbs,the possible mounting base will be 1/4" steel and the outer skin will be 1/8".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:51 pm 
LOST Addict

Can we get any teaser cardboard/poster board shots of this puppy? Any expected date for release/ like late 2008, early 2009?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

well there is this one:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... highlight=

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:12 am 
LOST Addict

Is that the bumper troy is talking about?