It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well, I guess I am the new guy on the block so here goes:

Jack D. Eubanks
Monument, CO
2002 Liberty Sport
Completely stock except for the BFG TA's that were on it when I bought it.

I really like my Jeep. It is the 2nd one I have owned. My first one was an '88 Comanche 2WD. It had the 4.0L motor, which I really liked.

The Liberty does very good in the snow and ice and so far about the only thing I don't like is the gas mileage. I gave up my old '89 Grand Am that was getting 40+ mpg for my Liberty, which so far is only averages about 15 mpg. But I guess that is what you sacrifice for the right to own a Jeep.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Formerly owned:
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:43 am 
LOST Newbie

I’ve been lurking on this site since I got my jeep trying figure this off roading stuff out. I never had a 4x4 before or ever thought of modifying one. Now I can’t stop. Got the lift on Sunday (thanks again) and it’s like getting a brand new car.
Hopefully on Friday I get to go to Cripple Creek for work. Then hit up shelf road and break the lift in a little.
Heidie

Post subject: Re: Hi from Las Cruces, NM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:54 am 
LOST Addict

Psychojeeper wrote:
Hi all,

John & Rink Holloway
Las Cruces, New Mexico

1980 CJ-5 (Moderately modified )
2002 Liberty Sport;
used for camping & hunting, some trail use as well.
235/70-16 BFG AT/KO's,
further modifications coming.

We love time outdoors camping, hiking, hunting and Jeeping. Also involved in many soldier support organizations.

Hope to see you on the trails sometime.

Hey I'm just up the street in Durango... we should hit Chokecherry sometime :D

Post subject: Hello fellow rockies members
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Don here
2006 Liberty CRD 62K
actually my wifes vehicle
I live out southwest of canon city towards westcliffe Colorado.
Not much on the mechanical side of a newer liberty diesel but with help am learning here.
I might be able to recover with another 4x4 I drive if you ever 4 wheelin in the area......

1986 cherokee pioneer v6
1983 wagoneer 360 v8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:40 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Welcome to the group. As for the recovery help, you will have to come wheeling with us to see how that turns out :roll:

Post subject: recovery
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:49 am 
LOST Newbie

I hope to have a jeep ready for 4 wheelin soon As for recovery help I meant as I live out a ways ( close to the Sangres) I might be close enough to help if someone had problems.... wasnt thinking about the recovery angle as a my 4x4 can go better than yours kinda thing ...sorry if that was what I seemed to imply..Yall willl have to give a Colorado hillbilly a Break (Said with a smile), Any way when is the next run?

1986 cherokee pioneer v6
1983 wagoneer 360 v8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:35 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

corghnck, sorry if we seem a little overly defensive when someone offers recovery help with something other than a KJ. We've been talked down to so much over the past 6-7 years that we tend to jump to the conclusion that we're still being insulted. Please take no offense and we would love for you to come out an wheel with us.

Beat a dog enough times and it will react to the least of provocations (perceived or real).

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:49 am 
LOST Addict

The main thing is you're not from Utah. :wink:

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject: Recovery vehicle
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

I own a Liberty bought it because of the diesel and the umpteenth generation quadratrac tranny which was in e 72 wagoneer which was one of the best 4x4s i have seen. I remember pulling out ford dodge chevy P.U. s on a trail on the backside of rocky mountain national park after a 3' early snow.......
Well it seems to me as the liberty as I understand it is a wrangler suspension with real doors on it :) another staple 4x4.
I bought this one for my wife to drive on winding mountain roads trusted it with her in it ......
I have already pushed snow above the headlights with the Liberty,,taking a mountain dwelling coworker home.
I own a Liberty and live where 4x4s are USED not just for wheeling enjoyment, so if anyone gives you a hard time about a Liberty send them to me hehe

1986 cherokee pioneer v6
1983 wagoneer 360 v8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:29 pm 

I was not trying to be malignant in my reply, I was just implying that we could pull you out :twisted: KWAV8R, ROCKLIZARD and I pulled out a pretty cool rock buggy down the trail after it broke once...

As for the suspension, the rear is like the TJ, but the front is a total different beast being IFS, so it takes a few different lines and more finess when wheeling. A fun challenge. Come out with us on a run with her and you will see. Do not know when my next run will be, but others have jeeps that are not broke or preparing for major surgery :roll: .

Post subject: jeep integrity
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello fellow newbies....and a big thanks to deployed Chad..
I drove a 1976n jeep cherokee (2door) had a 258 in it with a 3 speed transplanted from a wrecked jeep of the same year..I drove that 258 till the distributor shaft wore so much it wouldnt keep time..replaced the distributor shaft and ran it a bunch more miles ~10 years. I have had good performance from my old jeeps in the past. Of course I dont get near stealerships unless I have to and have made a few strange repairs while out wheelin/camping such as using a fence post to hold an axle on a tailer to get off the mountain. The duct tape thijng might just be the trick to get you home sometime. I have a 1976 CJ5 torn down to the frame with a 258 and t18 (4speed0 setting here I LOST my garage has anyone seen it?
I have the boxed frame out ofa inter scout and the dana 44rs to put back under the CJ. My plans were to put a injection system on the 258 I like the no tilted carburation float problem......but I have changed my mind as the cost of fuel has rose I purchased a F250 with a 6.9 diesel because it had 4x4 and 2 tanks so I could use one to put fuel from transtesterified <big word for a hillbilly>WVO in. I drive to pueblo from the copper gulch area about 150 miles round trip to work and am cutting the cost down. My next step after I get the LIberty running right is to use TSTWVO in it.
The CJ plans are now to find a older diesel engine (no more CPU and OBD codes for me) and put it in front of the T18 with treaflex HI lo kit in the transfer case and Ox track lockers front and back to get close to a crawler but still run it down the road.....

1986 cherokee pioneer v6
1983 wagoneer 360 v8

Post subject: Re: jeep integrity
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

corghnck wrote:
Hello fellow newbies....and a big thanks to deployed Chad..
I drove a 1976n jeep cherokee (2door) had a 258 in it with a 3 speed transplanted from a wrecked jeep of the same year..I drove that 258 till the distributor shaft wore so much it wouldnt keep time..replaced the distributor shaft and ran it a bunch more miles ~10 years. I have had good performance from my old jeeps in the past. Of course I dont get near stealerships unless I have to and have made a few strange repairs while out wheelin/camping such as using a fence post to hold an axle on a tailer to get off the mountain. The duct tape thijng might just be the trick to get you home sometime. I have a 1976 CJ5 torn down to the frame with a 258 and t18 (4speed0 setting here I LOST my garage has anyone seen it?
I have the boxed frame out ofa inter scout and the dana 44rs to put back under the CJ. My plans were to put a injection system on the 258 I like the no tilted carburation float problem......but I have changed my mind as the cost of fuel has rose I purchased a F250 with a 6.9 diesel because it had 4x4 and 2 tanks so I could use one to put fuel from transtesterified <big word for a hillbilly>WVO in. I drive to pueblo from the copper gulch area about 150 miles round trip to work and am cutting the cost down. My next step after I get the LIberty running right is to use TSTWVO in it.
The CJ plans are now to find a older diesel engine (no more CPU and OBD codes for me) and put it in front of the T18 with treaflex HI lo kit in the transfer case and Ox track lockers front and back to get close to a crawler but still run it down the road.....
Welcome.

Might want to ask about WVO and newer common rail engines in the CRD section,you will not like the results and dishing out several thousands for a new pump or engine running WVO in a CRD.Works great in older american built diesels though like the Ford you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:18 am 
LOST Addict

Hey my name is Seth and my GF Vicky who owns the libby

Black 2006 CRD limited
3.5'' RK lift
Segr/EGR bypass
nothing else haha
265/75/16'2 wrangler td's

Parker, CO is where we are both located at

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

This is WestyKJ.

Mike & Sandy
Sons- Kurt & Sean.

We were an early LOST Rockies member but have gotten tied up with other things over the last few years, new business, kids getting older, etc, etc.

Just recently got the bug again, added JBA uca's and hitting the trail next month.

Maybe we'll be able to make some LOST runs this summer.

See ya!

Renegade Lightbar, Jeep rack w/Hi-Lift, shovel and axe, Franken/jacker coil lift, LT245/75R16E BFG M/T TA's, All J & RRO skids and bars, all factory skids, FlowMaster 50, front DrawTite hitch w/Mile Marker winch, on-board air, JBA 4.5's, etc, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:01 pm 

welcome back

Post subject: WXJeep
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Figured I would introduce myself to the rest of the members in this region. My name is Mike and I am in the USAF stationed at Cannon AFB in Clovis New Mexico. I just bought a Stone White 2009 Liberty (4x2). Yeah, I know it's not 4x4 but it meets my needs for now. Sometime in the future I may trade it in on a 4x4, who knows. My interests as of late are Ham Radio and storm spotting. I am working on getting it setup to cruise the muddy dirt roads in this area while I am out spotting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:42 pm 

Welcome to the Southern outpost of LOST Rockies!
One of the guys I work with is going to Clovis in October... Pretty baren from his description, and Google Earth for that matter...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 pm 
LOST Addict

4x2 or 4x4... were all the same :D

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

USAFCOP wrote:
Welcome to the Southern outpost of LOST Rockies!
One of the guys I work with is going to Clovis in October... Pretty baren from his description, and Google Earth for that matter...

I don't think barren is the word for it. Most of the vegetation we have that you can see on google earth is the crops in the farmers fields. If he has any questions tell him to look me up. I just got my video camera mount all setup next time I go out spotting I will upload the video to youtube and you will see how barren it is. ;)

Post subject: New to it all
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey all my name is Chad I live in Canon City Colorado, im a weekend warrior and work as a civilian in the guard. I have a 2007 Liberty that I am wanting to deck out with all the good off road stuff. I have already broken in my libby on a few mild trails and mud holes now looking towards moab in the future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next