It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:11 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

XC204 wrote:
Sport Its just a Starcraft 1404 2001 weighs 1480 lbs has single king pull out bed on front end and wrap around seating in rear that converts to a single bed.
has 3 way fridge and furnace. I stripped out the fold up sink ,AC on roof and stock 4 burner stove to lighten it up for mtn pass driving. I converted a propane colman stove to mount outside I wont cook inside (bears) I put the sink in the now lower cabinet Its comfy when we go to Co. for 2 weeks at a time.

nice looking trailer, sounds like what I may want to look into, motorhome is getting older and with the price of gas its not as much fun. and just with me using it for a couple of years till my wife gets back this may work! Have to see if I can locate any to see the insides etc.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:37 pm 
LOST Member

There are some real offroad small ones Jayco Baja about same size but heavy duty or Fleetwood Evolution series. The tent type aussie type are real neat but wife likes the comforts.

3 Jeeps owned
Favorite Destination Gunnison Co.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:45 pm 

XC204 wrote:
There are some real offroad small ones Jayco Baja about same size but heavy duty or Fleetwood Evolution series. The tent type aussie type are real neat but wife likes the comforts.

If it was just me I would love to have a AT Chaser, with an ARB RTT on top and ready to roll, or a Conqueror Compact .....but for the money....will be looking at about what you have :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:05 pm 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

Check out the new Starcraft RT series campers. I think they might get the job done.

Post subject: Re: my rear sleeping area
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:

when driving the hinged portion is folded up, pull into your favorite spot to camp push the seats all the way up and fold the hinged portion down and you have about 5'9'' of space to sleep which is enough for me ! Works good . I took it out in three minutes last night and seats are back in, legs fold up out of the way when stored away
Not too bad for using up left overs from other projects, only had to buy the piano hinges, will now finish it off, install some trim around the edges, stain it a dark oak and be done :wink:

Now if you were one of those of us who have rear shelf units, you could extend one all the way forward to the driver's seats and create :shock: :roll: bunk beds!!

Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230

Post subject: Re: my rear sleeping area
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:23 pm 

Cacher123 wrote:
tommudd wrote:

when driving the hinged portion is folded up, pull into your favorite spot to camp push the seats all the way up and fold the hinged portion down and you have about 5'9'' of space to sleep which is enough for me ! Works good . I took it out in three minutes last night and seats are back in, legs fold up out of the way when stored away
Not too bad for using up left overs from other projects, only had to buy the piano hinges, will now finish it off, install some trim around the edges, stain it a dark oak and be done :wink:

Now if you were one of those of us who have rear shelf units, you could extend one all the way forward to the driver's seats and create :shock: :roll: bunk beds!!

But if I did bunk beds where would I put the laptop to watch movies ?
I have it on the rear interior rack/shelf now , with my feet under it , pretty cozy..... :wink:

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:42 pm 
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching

Anybody ever tried one of those small "teardrop" shape trailers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Gringo did a squared off version
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=24451&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=runt&start=0

and IndyCRD had one a rounded one it was in his Avitar - but he sold it and then sold the CRD.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=25753&highlight=teardrop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:07 pm 

DryBones wrote:
Anybody ever tried one of those small "teardrop" shape trailers?

I have a frame ready to build one ..does that count? Have the plans that I want but just never got it started yet, maybe this winter after she leaves
:(

Post subject: here's mine
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

I haven't finished the front piece yet, but the back piece/trunk is set so that it will all be level and flush for sleeping. To go camping, I will just fold down the seats and throw in the front half for a flat bed. Sleeping crossways gives more room, or leave the gate open and hang your feet out when it is warm. Best of all, all of my recovery gear is hidden and accessible.

http://www.naluadventures.com/lkj_hilift_mount_pics.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nalu, that's about what I've been thinking about doing since I use my back seat alot. Only thing I'm planning on doing different is make a piece I can slide up over the seat back when I set it up so that the wood goes over the seat back and extends all the way to the front seats when they are pushed all the way forward.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:30 am 

I am in the process of redoing mine
will be raising the front portion to make it level with the seats, so I don't have to take them out each time, rear will be higher of course with 2 drawers that slide out for storage of tools, recovery straps etc. I will loose some headroom but will work.......I think :roll: