It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6 Speed manual reverse TSB...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:31 pm 
LOST Member

# TSB #2100605 -- UPON UPSHIFTING THE 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION INTO REVERSE, THE CUSTOMER MAY NOTICE THAT REVERSE GEAR MAY NOT REMAIN ENGAGED. *TT (NHTSA ID #10012814, FEBRUARY 24 2005)

hey has anyone had this problem with reverse popping out when letting the clutch out, I am going into the dealership soon and am going to ask them about it. I was wondering if anyone else has had this serviced and what they had to do to fix it, do they have to pull the whole transmission or not?

Post subject: Tranny job
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:22 pm 
LOST Addict

Sounds like a teardown to me the syncros arent fully engaging. The only way to fix is going in for surgery. I hope a better answer is available but haveing trashed a tranny before and rebuilding I know the hassle. :x :cry:

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:55 am 
LOST Member

So the dealership says they cant duplicate the reverse problem, and that it wont be covered outside of warranty. They said all they can do is make note of the problem and that if it occurs again after the warranty runs out it may be covered. I think this note thing sounds bogus, but my warranty runs out in less than 200 miles. What should I do, I cant even take a tech for a drive and try to make it pop out of reverse because I have a broken shoulder and cant drive stick for two more months. Does anyone have a suggestion, I took it to Bowling Green Jeep which is a five star dealer, does anyone have suggestions on other dealers in the NW Ohio/ Toledo area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:54 pm 
LOST Member

I often have trouble getting it to go in reverse (won't go, engage clutch again, try again etc.), but once it is there, I have never had it pop out... good luck...

Royal Purple Synchromax in tranny
Royal Purple Maxgear in pumpkins
Full mopar skids, front diff collar
Future mods: Rock rails, B.F. Goodrich all terains. (In my dreams: Frankenlift)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

isutherl wrote:
So the dealership says they cant duplicate the reverse problem, and that it wont be covered outside of warranty. They said all they can do is make note of the problem and that if it occurs again after the warranty runs out it may be covered. I think this note thing sounds bogus, but my warranty runs out in less than 200 miles. What should I do, I cant even take a tech for a drive and try to make it pop out of reverse because I have a broken shoulder and cant drive stick for two more months. Does anyone have a suggestion, I took it to Bowling Green Jeep which is a five star dealer, does anyone have suggestions on other dealers in the NW Ohio/ Toledo area.

i had the same problem with a ford fusion i had last year... i left it with them for almost 3 weeks. i told them i didnt want it back until it was fixed. guess what, i got it back after 18 days. they rebuilt the tranny. miraculously got it back before it became a lemon. its always funny how those things work. by the way i drove it from the ford service center to the local jeep dealer and got my liberty, same day.

L.O.S.T.#85291
Silver '05 KJ Sport 2wd
LSD
Rusty's 2.5" Lift
245-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
16x8 Soft 8 Rims
K&N Drop In
Magnaflow Exhaust
Beretta Cougar .357SIG
Taurus Mil Pro 9mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If there is a TSB and your vehicle did it even once, so what? Even if the dlr can't replicate the problem, this is a known issue and you are stating that it happened. Try calling Chrysler csr service and explain to them that it has happened, known issue, etc. If they won't help, try mentioning "lawyer" (last resort though) and see what happens.

Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had the same problem in my 05 renegade. brought it to the dealership (not where i bought it) with the TSB and told them i want it fixed. it was under the 7/70,000. The guy was floored when I showed him a copy of the TSB. He couldnt believe I had it. They didnt rebuild mine, but they gave me a Rebuilt trans. All i had to pay was $100 deductable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had the same problem in my 05 renegade. brought it to the dealership (not where i bought it) with the TSB and told them i want it fixed. it was under the 7/70,000. The guy was floored when I showed him a copy of the TSB. He couldnt believe I had it. They didnt rebuild mine, but they gave me a Rebuilt trans. All i had to pay was $100 deductable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

hmm, I've had that since day one on my brand new '07 6spd.. I just dealt with it, if you come up slowly on the clutch it engages better.. I don't know if I want a rebuilt one, I know its back to factory specs, but I babied my transmission because I plan on keeping it forever.

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

Post subject: 6 Speed manual reverse TSB...
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 am 
LOST Newbie

hooperswish wrote:
I often have trouble getting it to go in reverse (won't go, engage clutch again, try again etc.), but once it is there, I have never had it pop out... good luck...

I have the same problem with my 05, never pops out of gear but hard to get in gear sometimes.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: 6 Speed manual reverse TSB...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:57 pm 
LOST Member

Mine does it for sure. It will make a grinding noise as it sort of pops out when trying to back up.Perhaps one out of every four times that I engage reverse. I just push down on the stick about a quarter of an inch and all is fine. The grinding is very minor, not a loud crunching. I just deal with it. I have driven manual trannies for 35 years, and to be frank, every one seemed to have it's own quirks. I just learn to live with it as it is not that big of a deal. I am glad to see that mine is not the only one. But there is no way I would take a rebuild. I want my original tranny. It is just not that big of a deal. If it was one of the forward gears, then maybe.

Royal Purple Synchromax in tranny
Royal Purple Maxgear in pumpkins
Full mopar skids, front diff collar
Future mods: Rock rails, B.F. Goodrich all terains. (In my dreams: Frankenlift)