It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ECS 2009 Info
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Welcome to the ECS 2009 Information Thread!

This is where we will answer all of the important questions:

Who: Any LOST Member, Anyone with a Jeep, or anyone without a Jeep that want's to follow the CRD's

What: Three days of Wheel'n in Oak Ridge, TN at the Coal Creek Off Road Park (http://www.coalcreekohv.com/) with all of your friends from LOST

Where: Coal Creek Off Road Park (http://www.coalcreekohv.com/). If you Google directions to Oliver Springs, TN you will be three miles from the park...

When: Some folks get a three day weekend for Columbus Day (10/12). We are going to try to take advantage of that, so the dates are October 9-11, 2009 (so you can drive home on the 12th)

Why: We don't get together enough...

How: Sign up in the signup thread, make your own campground reservations (but I will be calling them about a LOST group rate - remember to tell them you're with the "LOST Jeep Club"; for motel, if we get enough signing up, we can ask for a discount), then check back to see what you can do to help (Coordinate SWAG, The raffle, etc)

ps - the campground link is (http://www.windrockcampground.com)

2002 Patriot Blue KJ - Coming soon!
2006 Black LJ (Wrangler Unlimited), auto, custom skids, 3.5" Rubicon Express, Aussie D30, Rocker Guards & Cooper AT3 235x85r16
2009 Patriot Blue D2500, 5.7L Hemi, 4x4, Quad Cab
1967 Alberg 37' Masthead rigged Sloop

Post subject: Any Updates for Us?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:23 pm 
LOST Addict

J.D.?

Anybody else?

I am just happy the weather is finally warming up. At least here... :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject: Re: Any Updates for Us?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
J.D.?

Anybody else?

I am just happy the weather is finally warming up. At least here... :wink:

I'm busy with a "Wheelers For The Wounded" effort in August, getting an addition fnished so the Father-in-Law can move in, taking care of Nickie (Rx w/breast cancer last month), getting the kids to all their stuff, and, oh yeah, I try to work in there too. I'm looking at going down to pre-run with the wranglers that gave us the trail info. They indicated they would drag me through as needed (Including 39!!!)

moose

2006 Black LJ (Wrangler Unlimited), auto, custom skids, 3.5" Rubicon Express, Aussie D30, Rocker Guards & Cooper AT3 235x85r16

Post subject: Re: Any Updates for Us?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:01 pm 
LOST Addict

moose wrote:
I'm busy with a "Wheelers For The Wounded" effort in August, getting an addition fnished so the Father-in-Law can move in, taking care of Nickie (Rx w/breast cancer last month), getting the kids to all their stuff, and, oh yeah, I try to work in there too. I'm looking at going down to pre-run with the wranglers that gave us the trail info. They indicated they would drag me through as needed (Including 39!!!)

moose

Hey brother, sounds like you are super-busy. Much of it on many good and worthwhile things. :)

Tell Nickie she is in my thoughts and prayers, and if there is anything I can do for you, her or the kids just let me know...

BTW, good pics in JPFreak of Yellocoyote's, LoganSix's, and some of the rest of the tribe's rides this month... :D

Colin

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:23 pm 
LOST Addict

So, Moose, is it time to update the info? Huh, huh...????

Is it time yet? Is it...??? :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
So, Moose, is it time to update the info? Huh, huh...????

Is it time yet? Is it...??? :wink:

What needs updating? WindRock RV is making a list as people call in; the who, what, where, when, why & how are all set; meduncan is moving on the raffle swag; people are updating the attendance list....

I guess I could post up a trail list & schedule...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:13 am 
LOST Addict

And remind folks to order their shirts... :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:03 pm 
LOST Member

I might be in the area at that time, however I will not have my jeeps with me, only a rental 4x4. Could you give me more info about the area and event? Thanks! Kelly

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:12 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KellysKJ wrote:
I might be in the area at that time, however I will not have my jeeps with me, only a rental 4x4. Could you give me more info about the area and event? Thanks! Kelly

Feel free to stop in and ride shotgun with us. We should have plenty of room. As for the area, I guess look at Oak Ridge and Knoxville for things to do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:14 pm 
LOST Addict

yellocoyote wrote:
Finally remembered to call for reservations at the campground today... :oops: I think this is officially later than I did it last year.

But at least you remembered... :D

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject: cost
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:08 am 
The force is strong with this one
The force is strong with this one

just so I can finish planning, can someone confirm the cost?

on this page,
http://www.coalcreekohv.com/main/shop

it lists:
$44.00 Three day permit per person (not per jeep)

is that correct? or is there some kind of group rate we're getting?

Extra Rear Spring Isolators
Custom Bull Guard (w/ hooks)
Wranger MT/R w/ Kevlar 265/75/R16
(for serious enthusiasts)

Post subject: Re: cost
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:12 pm 
LOST Addict

jedi4x4 wrote:

on this page,

it lists:

Yes, that cost is correct and is per person, and no, Windrock does not offer group discounts.

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject: Re: cost
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
jedi4x4 wrote:

on this page,

it lists:

Yes, that cost is correct and is per person, and no, Windrock does not offer group discounts.

I know this is the part that hurts; however, I guarentee you that you will forget about the $44 after trail 21. If you haven't, we'll hit 39. If you haven't, I'll refund my guide fee ;)

The bottom line is this - the trails are that good, and Moab is just too far away...

Post subject: Interested, but not sure
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So, a couple questions for the group:

I have lots of experience in the woods, but very little of it mechanized (i.e. wheeling newbie).

- Is the trip appropriate for a true 4x4 beginner (but one with good driving skills otherwise)?
- Are there typically less hazardous ways around tough obstacles if my sheet metal or undercarriage chickens-out?
- If you camp, do you typically strike camp each day or leave things there?
- If I were only able to join the group on Friday evening (coming from ATL, but might not be able to take the day off), is there anything going on in the evening (local pub, etc)?
- Is it too late to register?

Dan

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:05 pm 
LOST Member

Just confirmed the family vacation and we will be flying into Memphis on Sat Oct 3rd, so if our timing works out we'll stop by and say hi! Otherwise we are still going over to that area to check it out.

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

Post subject: Re: Interested, but not sure
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:57 pm 
LOST Addict

yellocoyote wrote:
dgeist wrote:
- Is the trip appropriate for a true 4x4 beginner (but one with good driving skills otherwise)?
- Are there typically less hazardous ways around tough obstacles if my sheet metal or undercarriage chickens-out?
- If I were only able to join the group on Friday evening (coming from ATL, but might not be able to take the day off), is there anything going on in the evening (local pub, etc)?

Dan

- I didn't have a mass amount of wheeling experience when I went out the first time last spring, and I did just fine. Trust your gut.
- Those of us who camped at Windrock Campground last year strike camp once, and leave it. The park entrance is only 1-2 miles up the road... very conveniently located.
- Not sure about evenings yet. We did a night run on one of the evenings during the last ECS that was a lot of fun... maybe we'll try for that again.
- It's never too late to register. :D

I did not camp last year (stayed in Oak Ridge at a motel) and it was a mistake. It is much more convenient to do it that way. On almost all the trails (except #21 and #39, I think) there are "by-passes" for the tough spots. Moose would remember better exactly which trails.

Yes, Friday night will probably be the night run (up to the Windmills for sunset and down #2, and then on to other trails if folks want to), and then back to the campfire.

If we stick to the schedule from last year then Saturday night is the Raffle Drawing.

Sunday night is free game for ideas.

It is NEVER too late to come. Arrive when you want, leave when you want. The only thing you have to do is make camping or motel reservations and be prepared to buy trail passes for each participant for the number of days you will be there. :D

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject: Re: Interested, but not sure
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dgeist wrote:
So, a couple questions for the group:

I have lots of experience in the woods, but very little of it mechanized (i.e. wheeling newbie).

Dan

Ok Dan,that's too many questions to be "Interested, but not sure".
You're interrested,so sign up and come pass a good time.It'd be great to have you on board.
You do have skids right? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:37 pm 
LOST Addict

Just found this from the Coal Creek website:

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/main/ohv_rules

Quote:
14. Off-highway vehicle operation on the property is limited to daylight hours.

That was certainly not the case last year, unless they are talking about no ATVs at night (I don't remember seeing any on our night ride last year, but that does not mean that there were not any). Also it is contradicted here:

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/main/about

Quote:
The Coal Creek OHV Area is open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.

I will check on this when I get in on Friday.

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
Just found this from the Coal Creek website:

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/main/ohv_rules

Quote:
14. Off-highway vehicle operation on the property is limited to daylight hours.

That was certainly not the case last year, unless they are talking about no ATVs at night (I don't remember seeing any on our night ride last year, but that does not mean that there were not any). Also it is contradicted here:

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/main/about

Quote:
The Coal Creek OHV Area is open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.

I will check on this when I get in on Friday.

OHV = ATV, UTV, motorcross, etc.
Night run is OK for Jeeps (we have headlights!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

21 and 39 have no by-pass hazzards. you MUST have skids for these two. You should have rock rails & a lift.

The local Jeep group just got back from Windrock a few weeks ago and they all did 39. I'm going to meet up with them and get my maps back and talk about 39. I really want to find 3 others to hit this trail with me now that we know it can be done by similarly equipped vehicles...