It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Improve Radio Reception
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:33 pm 
LOST Member

The radio reception SUCKS on my KK. That little antenna on the back is horrible. Any way to boost the signal? Inline signal amplifier maybe? Is there such a thing?

SOLD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:40 pm 
LOST Member

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12044UA60/ ... ml?tp=3351

Crappy reviews though...

SOLD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:54 pm 
LOST Addict

sorry, I don't have a clue as to what would help. Maybe a better head unit that has a booster built in to it

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I installed Sirius in the wifes KK. Now it gets the radio clear everywhere except under bridges. Lol

Wife-2008, 4x4 KK North Edition- sunroof, THULE crossbars, kayak folding J's & fairing, WeatherTech mats front, rear & cargo, 6000K HID Hi/Low & Fogs, Rock Krawler X-factor lift, BDS shocks, 255/70-16 BFG ATs, 16x8 Eagle Alloys 137's(4.625"BS)
Mine-2007.5, Dodge 6.7L Cummins 2500 4x4 LARAMIE- Too many mods to list. CumminsForum.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm sorry I don't know what FM Radio is ... Is that what Moses used to listen to? :lol: :lol:

I've had Sirius for a few years and haven't looked back. The only time I don't get reception is in a tunnel or going under a big bridge. The sound is 10x better then radio but here's the kicker, you can actually listen to a thing called MUSIC instead of commercials all day. :lol:

Ditch "radio" and get Satellite and you'll never be more happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:13 pm 
LOST Member

I have Surius in my house, and had the 1 free year on the Jeep too... I have not yet added added my Jeep to the houses account. But I'd still like to be able to listen to the "old fashion" radio from time to time.

SOLD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:22 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

the only thing i can truly think of if takig off your antenna.. opening up the plastic... taking another wire and wrapping it all the way around to lgenthen it... i've did similiar things to cell phones, and car keys( the unlock/ autostart atennas), and then somehow re-wrap it. besides that a bigger antenna? dissconnect it and mount a different one somewhere... not too many options. the FM booster seems plausible but you're really just telling the system to be more sensitive... if its cheap doesnt hurt to try... let me know what happens :P

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:37 am 
LOST Addict

I wonder if the 09/later model year 08's antenna would help?

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

it's quite possible... as they have that wire wrap thing right?

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:02 am 
Taco Killer

Back in the day, my Gf's cavalier did not have an antenna....
I got her this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... ku=9436639
its awesome and you just stick it on your windshield, plug in the back of the radio and youre all set....
As others mentioned, id go with sat radio... Now that I think of it, Ive never used am fm radio on the KK....

2009 4x4 Silver Liberty Limited Edition, Premium Group I and II, Skid Plate Group, Exterior Appearance Group by MOPAR, Select Trac II, Sky Slider,uconnect studios,Slush Mats, Hid HEADLAMPS, Interior LED light mod, Scangauge 2, AEM brute force intake, IPOD Integration interface for RER RADIOS, OEM Front end bra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:11 pm 
LOST Member

Mike08Liberty wrote:
I'm sorry I don't know what FM Radio is ... Is that what Moses used to listen to? :lol: :lol:

I've had Sirius for a few years and haven't looked back. The only time I don't get reception is in a tunnel or going under a big bridge. The sound is 10x better then radio but here's the kicker, you can actually listen to a thing called MUSIC instead of commercials all day.

Depends what stations you listen to. If you're listening to the music stations you're okay. But I listen to the Blue Collar Comedy station a lot and wow! Commercial-free radio it isn't! What's worse is half the commercials seem to be either for sex toys or for "Men, do you want to increase the thickness of your 'equipment'" type ads.

There's a parental advisory on the station but with very few exceptions the only thing that is "adult" are the commercials. It makes me think I'm listening to Station #99 - if you know what I mean! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:38 pm 
LOST Member

My 08 already has the "wrap" on the antenna.

SOLD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:29 am 
LOST Member

you should check the antenna, maybe try to replace it, it shouldn't be that bad. Also, you may want to check the continuity of the cable from the antenna to the input of the radio receiver. Also, check and make sure the antenna coax is connected securely to both the antenna and the back of the receiver

Tow Package
Factory Skid Plates
[url=http://www.speedtest.net/result/828427318.png[/img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/828427318.png[/img[/url]