It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trail Leaders Needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:37 pm 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

If you are willing to lead a trail or two during the 5/6 day event, please post and indicate which trail you would want to lead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:57 pm 
LOST Addict

I offered my help as a local in the other thread. I've lead many expeditions and most people have returned. Elephant Hill should be on the list. I had an idea for "rookie camp" where noobs can start out small and build up to offroad rockers in a couple of days. I am also Tread Lightly certified as well as being a real live Utahn.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:27 pm 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

JL Rockies wrote:
I offered my help as a local in the other thread. I've lead many expeditions and most people have returned. Elephant Hill should be on the list. I had an idea for "rookie camp" where noobs can start out small and build up to offroad rockers in a couple of days. I am also Tread Lightly certified as well as being a real live Utahn.

LOL - Most people have returned? - what happened with the ones that did not return? :lol:

Thanks for the offer
I will include Elephant Hill on the list - FYI - there is a 75 mile trip each way to get there and back
I thought about it at the beginning but the 150 mile round trip made me change my mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If I can make it (won't know till March-ish) I am up for leading Kane Creek, Fins N Things, Cliffhanger, possibly others.

Hope I can go, i'm jonesin' bad.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:56 pm 
LOST Addict

Trail head is 55 miles south of MOAB. I can do that standind on my head.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:23 pm 
LOST Addict

I've run most of the trails I listed in the other thread and can lead if needed. I won't know 100% until mid January if we'll be there until my wife's vacation schedule for that time frame has been approved.

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Elephant Hill is an excellent trail because it has all the elements of a great MOAB trail. There aren't many trails that hit all the elements like this one. Anyone who has been on thus trail with me knows the deal.

If you want my help, I need to know ASAP so I can arrange for pay-free time off. Only because I love you guys that much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Elephant hill is one of those trails that you have to go on every time you go to Moab. 8)

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I've led Metal Masher, Kane Creek and Steel Bender. Could probably do Golden Spike in a pinch, but I got lost last time. :oops:

I'll be doing a few days of EJS, and can sign up for any other trails that need a leader.

I'm also perfectly happy mid- or tail-gunning. No one ever takes any pics of the trail leader. :x

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:25 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

I can lead if needed. Have led hells revenge before, just need to refresh memory... Not to mention get my Jeep done and broke in before the trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:07 am 
LOST Addict

I can lead runs to the Moab Brewery...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:16 am 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

durangotang wrote:

I'll put you down for it and I might as well add you for a free round of beer for everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:15 pm 
LOST Addict

KJ-BOL wrote:
durangotang wrote:

I'll put you down for it and I might as well add you for a free round of beer from everyone

Edited for coolness :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:35 pm 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

Please check the 2 threads on top

Pick one and put you name to it if you are willing to Lead up front, mid, or tail

Lead
- WEDNESDAY APRIL 14
- KLONDIKE BLUFFS / ARCHES NP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Can I take any early arrivals out to Steel Bender on Saturday the 10th?

I won't be able to go out on Sunday, April 11, but I'm hoping to be there the rest of the week.

Lead
- Flat Iron Mesa April 12
- Metal Masher April 16 (if someone else can do Cliffhanger/Moab Rim)

Mid/Tail
- Flat Iron Mesa April 12 (if someone more qualified wants to lead)
- Triple Whammy April 13
- Hell's Revenge April 14
- Cliffhanger April 16

Heck, I'm willing to do whatever you want me to do. Just use me to fill in the gaps. (However, I'd prefer to avoid the easy trails.)

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I should be fixed and ready to go by the time this trip comes around, with that said I can assist as follows, or anywhere else. I will be leaving on Friday Morning though to get to the Overland Expo in Amado, AZ.

Sun April 11 - Shafer Switchbacks (maybe Long Canyon Rd too) - I can lead it or mid or tail gun, I've done this trek every time I've been to Moab (that would be twice, lol)

Mon April 12 - Hurrah Pass/Lockhart Basin (we will need someone with a winch or a lot of good tow straps for the guy with a locker that gets up this one section that ate me alive, I took a winch up and still got damage) I can be mid pack or tail gunner, or if someone can prove to me that one section has gotten better then I can trail lead it too.
Where you see the pile of rocks on the next ledge in the foreground is the area in question, my thinking is that any sort of heavy rains dramatically change this portion of the trail that will make it either more difficult to get through or perhaps easier, my .02....
Wed April 14 - Hell's Revenge - I can Tail Gun, done the trail once before back in '08, or run mid pack.

As for anything else I can help out wherever. Looking forward to the fun and friends I'll make.

-Scott

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:38 pm 
LOST Addict

When will you let the folks who are volunteering if you need them? I don't really have plans to attend unless you could use a hand. Otherwise, I'm going to help out at EJS. Just let me know how to plan my life; I can't volunteer for both and the EJS peeps need to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:16 pm 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

JL Rockies wrote:
When will you let the folks who are volunteering if you need them? I don't really have plans to attend unless you could use a hand. Otherwise, I'm going to help out at EJS. Just let me know how to plan my life; I can't volunteer for both and the EJS peeps need to know.

You are not obliged to attend - If you want to help, then put your name on the list and just like everybody else pick a couple or more trails you want to lead.

I am not going to ask anyone for anything - this is all up to each one of us that are planning to attend - there is no need to "notify" anyone if they have been chosen to help out or not.
If you are coming to moab for this get together, and do want to help, then just say, i'll be there and you can count on me
If you prefer something in particular, just make a note of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:50 pm 
LOST Addict

As I explained, in my case there's a need but I'm not going to argue the point. I can't spend two weeks in MOAB is all I'm saying. If you want my help you have it, if not I'll work EJS the week before. No harm no foul.

Post subject: Re: Trail Leaders Needed
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:13 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

If you still need trail leaders, I can lead any trail on any day. Just let me know where you need me.